Referee Dean Morton tells Brendan Gallagher to go f*** himself (WARNING LANGUAGE IN VIDEO)

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Some people on these message boards are so soft.

Really, so what the ref said that? I’m sure that happens multiple ti es a game between the refs/players/coaches. Nobody is getting all butt hurt on the ice over this so why should we?

If you don’t understand the context don’t comment

Mykayla

Feb 17, 2020
Boo-hoo for Gally,

You don't approach a ref after the game is over, if I'm the ref I say the same thing,

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Please. Players say the same to refs every day

Except if the players say it, the officials can ring them up further, which hurts the team.

There's no consequence for officials to tell players to f*** themselves or some other insult , and they do it regularly.

Officials have and will not call penalties if they don't like certain players, and it's completely acceptable behaviour since I started watching the game. They even bait players into saying something, when they want a reason to kick them out.

I have a higher bar for the officials. Pettiness, power abuse, and incompetence doesn't cut it for me.

Mykayla

Feb 17, 2020
Curious if he was one of the refs when Gallagher got held down in the offensive zone and the referee just look and didn't do anything while the D just kept him down and kept him offside.

edit found it

Nope Wes McCauley and Frederick L'Ecuyer that night. Refs have been bad and the people handing out suspensions have been even worst

Gally deserved all of that,

What is he doing skating through the goalies crease when the puck is at center ice?

There is no reason for him to be skating through the crease between the goalie and his net,

He was just looking for trouble, and that's the way the refs saw it too, they didn't fall for his nonsense,

The calls will get worse for Habs, because of Gally and CJ whining

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
All this talk and one has answered the important question.

After he was told that, did he? Did he f*** himself or not?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Except if the players say it, the officials can ring them up further, which hurts the team.

There's no consequence for officials to tell players to **** themselves or some other insult , and they do it regularly.

Officials have and will not call penalties if they don't like certain players, and it's completely acceptable behaviour since I started watching the game. They even bait players into saying something, when they want a reason to kick them out.

I have a higher bar for the officials. Pettiness, power abuse, and incompetence doesn't cut it for me.

ANY examples of this, or are you just throwing shit against a wall to see what sticks?

Reactions: Canadian Game

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
What is with everyone ? Seems kind of Soft. If the officials didn’t do this they wouldn’t be able to police the game as well, they need to be able to hold some intimidation level to protect players from getting carried Away, it sounds backwards but it’s true. This particular instance might not be the best example of that to say the least but it’s important to keep in mind.

the officials used to tell players to F off all the time in the 90s, it doesent make it right but Not everything should be so offensive.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
What is with everyone ? Seems kind of Soft. If the officials didn’t do this they wouldn’t be able to police the game as well, they need to be able to hold some intimidation level to protect players from getting carried Away, it sounds backwards but it’s true. This particular instance might not be the best example of that to say the least but it’s important to keep in mind.

the officials used to tell players to F off all the time in the 90s, it doesent make it right but Not everything should be so offensive.
This kind of trash is a big part of the reason people laugh at the NHL and its refs. There is a rulebook that gives them the tools to handle these type of situations properly; before, during and after the game.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
This kind of trash is a big part of the reason people laugh at the NHL and its refs. There is a rulebook that gives them the tools to handle these type of situations properly; before, during and after the game.

Well that’s kind of the reason they should
Do it then, if they’re being laughed at. They need to be taken seriously for the benefit of everyone I the night picture.

So the fact that you said people laugh at the refs is exactly why they need to be policing the game and hold an intimidation factor, demand authority if it means dropping an f bomb so be it. They need to be the ones to get in between these tough athletes who could rip each other’s heads off in the heat of battle, so cussing if that’s one of their tools so be it. It’s not to stroke their own ego it’s to lay down the law in stern way. Again, this particular instance maybe isn’t the best example of this but just like cops, the refs have to be this way or else people could run wild, and absolute anarchy would take place.

AGAIN I’m not defending necessarily this particular instance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad