OT: Redsox World Series Champions thread/MLB 2014 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Go **** yaself, Bill Maher.

"I also saw, so the Red Sox won the World Series, congratulations Red Sox," Maher said to Weiner. "So the parade, they go to the place where the marathon bombing took place, they put the World Series statue there and they sing 'God Bless America' and they say 'Boston strong' and they chant 'U-S-A,' you know. It was again, a bad day, three people died, that's terrible. More were maimed, that's horrible, but unfortunately that happens every day, in car accidents and everything else. I mean, your city was not leveled by Godzilla."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyl...ed-godzilla/iwLjvki6anb87RpnhimwsL/story.html

acr*

Bill Maher being an absolute piece of **** is well established. Just more reason to despise that jackass.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
He's making it sound like it was a single tragic event. There was a bombing on Boylston, an assassination at MIT, a high-speed chase/ shootout in Watertown, and an unprecedented citywide lock-down and manhunt. All of these occurring over the span of a few days.

FFS, Bill. Surely you can do better!

2ka RasK*

On a much more pleasant note, I agree, I'm down with bringing in Wilson.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Mike Napoli ‏@MikeNapoli25 30s
Gravy RT @carlom79: @MikeNapoli25 do you call it sauce or gravy?

really need to bring him back

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Ruiz goes back to Philly. 2 years would have been okay but I'm glad Cherington didn't offer 3 years to a 34 year old catcher.

Abraham guesses they'll trade for a catcher now.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Ross is around the same age as Ruiz, right? Ideally, I don't want both catchers in their mid 30s.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Cano still looking for $ 310 million deal. :amazed:

from sportsnet.ca:

Robinson Cano still wants to become the best-paid player in MLB history. The free agent second baseman hasn’t budged from his asking price of $310 million, a source told Andrew Marchand of ESPNNewYork.com.

There’s no debating that Cano is the top free agent available. The 31-year-old finished the 2013 season with 27 home runs, 107 RBI, a .314 batting average and 7.6 wins above replacement.

But reaching the $300 million threshold will not be easy even at a time that baseball teams are flush with cash. A $300 million contract would surpass Alex Rodriguez’s 10-year, $275 million contract as the richest in MLB history, and it’s unclear which teams will compete with the New York Yankees for Cano’s services.

The Los Angeles Dodgers aren’t expected to sign the second baseman despite the fact that they have been among the game’s most aggressive spenders since 2012.

“You already know that guy in New York is going to be paid,†Dodgers owner Magic Johnson told USA TODAY last month. “Not by us. But he’s goig to get paid.â€

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
From Mlbtr

"ESPN's Jayson Stark reports that the Red Sox were in on Ruiz until the very end, which is what caused Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. to guarantee the third year and give a slight boost in terms of average annual value (Twitter link)."

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
I have no faith in Lavarnway and wouldn't want him calling games.

There's no magic to calling games. It's just preparation. What makes you think Lavarnway can't even get by? Also, no matter what (well, unless he's concussed) Ross will be involved in that preparation. And all we really need in a second catcher is someone to play enough games in the regular season to keep Ross rested for the playoffs and not be a complete black hole offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad