Redmond's Mickeyisms

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Oh, I guess he does say lookin. It honestly sounds like whatever you're trying to hear. When I want to hear f***ing I hear f***in when I want to hear lookin I hear lookin, weird.

:D
upload_2021-1-20_23-14-33.png

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Ken actually cracked me up last night with his Ben Eager reference, but Mickey is classic. We have been so lucky to have this duo for as long as we have.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
If you could pick a Red Wing to eventually take Mickey's spot, whom would it be? Hard to imagine.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
If you could pick a Red Wing to eventually take Mickey's spot, whom would it be? Hard to imagine.
Murph. Both HOF, good hockey minds, winners, jovial, good vibes. Anybody that wears a Moto GP helmet while riding his scooter/Vespa around town is cool with me. Dunno if he did for safety or comedy, either way it's hilarious.

Maybe Ozzy in 20+ yrs, but he may not be funny enough.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
Murph. Both HOF, good hockey minds, winners, jovial, good vibes. Anybody that wears a Moto GP helmet while riding his scooter/Vespa around town is cool with me. Dunno if he did for safety or comedy, either way it's hilarious.

Maybe Ozzy in 20+ yrs, but he may not be funny enough.

Oof... Murph? Really? I ain't with you on this one.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Datsyuk

Honestly we haven't heard enough of many players to know whether they're articulate and quick-witted. The best one is probably some rando we'd never think of.

But in any case, Datsyuk.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I mean I think Ozzie is probably the next guy up and he has gotten a lot better over the years in my opinion.

I will say the best former Red Wing I have heard broadcast a game is Manny Legace. He went back into coaching with Columbus, but I thought he did a great job when I have watched him do College Hockey, some AHL and NHL games.

Reactions: MBH

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Maybe it doesn't have to be a former Red Wing? If the guy doesn't have the chops to do color alongside Ken Daniels then they shouldn't be given the job.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
Maybe it doesn't have to be a former Red Wing? If the guy doesn't have the chops to do color alongside Ken Daniels then they shouldn't be given the job.

4-5 guys have been given the crack over past few years, especially as Redmond stopped travelling with team outside of Florida. And they all sucked.

Don't even want to think about Micky retiring.

At least with 'the event' we still get him for the away games.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
Which former Wing(s) did you have in mind?

Murph cracks me up, usually when he's not trying to though. There's something so goofy about the dude.

Honestly, I don't know. It's why I asked. I totally shit on the idea of Murph with no better idea to propose like a hacky jackass. :-P

Guys like Datsyuk and perhaps even Holmstrom are funny ideas but those won't really last. Plus they don't seem like "Media Types".

I'm trying to think of Red Wings personalities who are more than comfortable being in front of the camera. Perhaps even love it. You need that kind of quality.

Murph seems to have that quality but his presentation just doesn't sell. Ozzie kind of has it and over time he might refine his execution - Who knows?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Honestly, I don't know. It's why I asked. I totally shit on the idea of Murph with no better idea to propose like a hacky jackass. :-P

Guys like Datsyuk and perhaps even Holmstrom are funny ideas but those won't really last. Plus they don't seem like "Media Types".

I'm trying to think of Red Wings personalities who are more than comfortable being in front of the camera. Perhaps even love it. You need that kind of quality.

Murph seems to have that quality but his presentation just doesn't sell. Ozzie kind of has it and over time he might refine his execution - Who knows?
Maybe Murph at home & Homer on the road...if his English is fluid & understandable enough.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Osgood.
He's earned it.
Murph is the most annoying thing on FSD..
Ozzie understands the game, you can tell he's taken lessons and worked on his craft.
And Ozzie's got a wicked sense of humor when he unleashes it.

None of these guys will replace Redmond.
It's like trying to replace Don Cherry. f***ing Legend. Love him or hate him, people grew up with these guys. Redmond's been doing wings games since when? Early 80s? That's f***ing ridiculous.

When Redmond talks about the lessons his dad taught him - man... that's hockey.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
That sounds like Sean Avery and that's a solid pass.

Well that's rather extreme. I mean, you look at Mickey and he's a great storyteller. Can't really be a great storyteller in front of the TV without having a taste for the camera light. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
After Staal took a puck to the helmet and Ken asked Mick how they survived without helmets. "Well we got hit in the head. It's why we mumble sometimes on a Saturday night but what're ya gonna do."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad