Redmond's Mickeyisms

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Official Mickey Redmond's Mickeyisms thread.

Appreciate this guy while we have him, he's often the highlight of any given game, especially this year. He is a pure broadcasting gem & I hope FSD will always see that.

10-20-18 around the 7:30 minute (left) mark of the 1st vs. FLA.

Paraphrasing:
"No, you should expect to be thrown down to the ice too...it's the game of hockey for God's sake"

-referring to the Matheson hit & throwing E.Petterson to the ice. (ensuing injury for EP & controversial 2 game suspension for FLA Dman Matheson).

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
i love how he gets excited anytime a player shoots a slapper on a breakaway. AA did it in OT today and he just giggled, but you could tell he liked it :D

Mickey and Ken are pure gold

"we didn't have all that stuff back in the day!"

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Official Mickey Redmond's Mickeyisms thread.

Appreciate this guy while we have him, he's often the highlight of any given game, especially this year. He is a pure broadcasting gem & I hope FSD will always see that.

10-20-18 around the 7:30 minute (left) mark of the 1st vs. FLA.

Paraphrasing:
"No, you should expect to be thrown down to the ice too...it's the game of hockey for God's sake"

-referring to the Matheson hit & throwing E.Petterson to the ice. (ensuing injury for EP & controversial 2 game suspension for FLA Dman Matheson).

When i saw this thread on the board, i somehow expected this quote. It was one of his highlights today

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

His Krusty the Clown-eque laugh on this play makes me love re-watching this highlight even more.

One of my favorite Datsyuk memories...The other being against SJ when iirc Joel Ward & Marleau? collided trying to check Dats who slipped away. Then when he turned a young Roman Josi inside out behind the net in NSH.

D&Z have some of my best hockey memories together, one game in particular against the Blues, it was like the Globetrotters vs. a JV team.

Does anyone remember what game that was or have a Youtube highlight??

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I think I'm obliged to contribute to this thread.

My personal favorite is when he did that sit down interview with Babcock and Blashil and at the end when they did a toast to a good season he spilled his drink on his suit.

Also "his jockstrap is out on Fort Street" is a good one.

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
Like many in the game, Mickey is fantastic in-person, too! Met him at a hockey fundraiser and joked around like we knew each other forever. Also, recently at a RW's game, he stopped on his way to the booth to take a pic with one of my co-worker's son.... with big smile and a "way-to-go kid!" Love the guy!

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
My favorite was from the 03 Ducks series (probably the only good part of the series) in game 1 in the 2nd OT where the puck hit the post, while many thought the puck went in and out, Mickey's first reaction was "This game is over boys!"...and then he sees the replay and is all of a sudden adamant saying "That puck did not go in the net!"

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I found myself agreeing heavily numerous times with Mickey against the Panthers with the ticky tack calls, and old school stuff!

Against TB the other night, he had me laughing with a mistake as he said, "Hedman is a 20 guy a night defenceman!"

My favourite is definitely the laugh at Couture when Datsyuk turned him inside out!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->