Confirmed with Link: Redden to Boston

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Could be worth the gamble.

Re-uniting with his old Ottawa partner; there may be some useful miles left on the hockey odometer.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
I like the move as long as its a late rounder. Good solid depth defenseman that can help if someone goes down

NHRonin

Jul 21, 2005
Okinawa
Decent depth move, nothing more, nothing less. For a 7th round pick, I'll take it.

Tired of hearing people trashing PC. The guy works his butt off and can do no good according to some posters. If there was a deal to be made, he would have been all over it. I'm sure the cost for a top 2 d-man, as some of you wanted, was far too expensive.

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
Yeah, I agre but I still wish they pu a puck moving defenseman.

We have one in Hamilton, and to a lesser extent in Chara and Ference. We need more toughness and grit in front of the crease. The usual suspects (everyone not named Hamilton and Ference) have been noticeably soft in that regard this year.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
good depth. if everyone is healthy in the playoffs i don't want to see him on the ice. right now i don't even want to see him on the ice above Bartkowski.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Two veteran pick ups - one a future HOF and the other a former all star and with the Swedish whiz kid expected to arrive shortly, I say Chiarelli has done an excellent job of shoring up the depth and improving the PP.

Rancourt Fist Pump

Goulet-lite
Jul 30, 2010
Not bad. Maybe this allows Claude to reform the shutdown pair of Z and Seidenberg. Probably just a depth deal though.

The guy's still an old pro, and that's better than going into the playoffs with Bart filling that emergency role. I definitely don't hate it. Seems like a typical Chia blue line depth pick up.

I just wonder what they're gonna do with Bart now that he's on that 1-way contract? Thx again for that 1, Calgary...

BudMovin*

Once again we arm the war chest without losing any key assets. I like that Chia looks down the road and not just on a season by season basis.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I hope this turns out more like Rolston and less like Pandolfo. Apparently he looked pretty good to start in St. Loius before fizzling out a little bit.

I think Bartkowski been solid the last couple of games.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I hope this turns out more like Rolston and less like Pandolfo. Apparently he looked pretty good to start in St. Loius before fizzling out a little bit.

I think Bartkowski been solid the last couple of games.

Not sure he "fizzled", the Blues in general haven`t exactly been performing at the expectations their Mngt and fans anticipated, I`d suggest Redden has been exactly what they thought he would be, a 3rd pairing guy who won`t help you offensively, but play controlled enough not to hurt you.

Their goaltending (surprisingly has been putrid).

On a day where a whopping 13 trades were made, it`s clear there weren`t many sellers, and those who were selling, weren`t with Chia and many others

This has long been the most overhyped TV event for a long time

member 96824

Redden has been good here in St. Louis. The numbers are a bit misleading cause he started with petro and then they dropped him down the lineup, and goaltending has seen some shakey periods with halak being hurt and Elliott sucking...but Redden has been what you would ask for from a defender. Solid 4-6 guy who isn't going to make you notice him. Reminded me of Ference when he's actually on his game.

I'm happy he's come to us. We're much deeper now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad