Confirmed with Link: Redden to Boston

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
What's up with all the Hamilton doubters ,he's looked very smooth and I see no reason he won't continue ,I don't see him get freaked out by playoffs. I'm alot more worried about the likes of McQuaid AND Ference. I almost feel out of my chair when Wiznewski was mentioned.Have you seen the man's contract?No thanks not for all the tea in China.

I could see Redden as a good fit here and probably even working his way up in the D order.

Chai did a very good job here, other than showing his cards in the Iggy deal that went all for not,(hope the players involved don't take it personally) he got some important additions that should make the diffrence.Now if Soderberg comes over,Bergy gets healty and all those sleeping giants wake up this team could go all the way .

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Very servicable? Says who? Certainly not the Rangers or the Blues - both teams worse off than the Bruins...

I hope I'm overreacting, but I just can't see this as anything, but making Chia look bad...

Well considering his cap hit was 6.5 with the Rangers, that could be why

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Very servicable? Says who? Certainly not the Rangers or the Blues - both teams worse off than the Bruins...

I hope I'm overreacting, but I just can't see this as anything, but making Chia look bad...
Have you looked at the Blues depth chart on defense? They have ridiculous depth.

We got a veteran defenseman who can play a little in a pinch for a bag of pucks.

If Redden must or does play a lot of minutes that would mean we have lost 3-4 other guys too injury and we are toast anyway.

If he comes in as a #6 in case someone is struggling he will be fine.

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/player.php?989

seems that the knock on him is his game regressed due to lack of passion

he was playing 14+ minutes a game this year

could a playoff drive with a team with good chemistry revitalize some of what made him an allstar at one time? I think with this guy and Chia showing confidence in picking him up has the potential to surprise all of us..... keeping our fingers crossed

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
We'll see. Not the move that makes me feel great. But I might be looking at it wrong thinking Reddens high risk. He might be a safe pickup with the upside Kaberle had if Chia thinks he fits the PP. And collectively there is some PP potential between Redden and Jagr. But the moves make me a little nervous and I'm not certain we did better than last year on Zanon/Rolston.

Jagr is a hero of mine, and after getting over my butthurt of another hero in Iggy punking us I was happy to get Jaromir in to play with Krejci. But I went to a Dallas-Jackets game in Columbus (the day Ryder got traded ironically) and Jagr looked slow and lethargic. His 14 goals might be more b/c the other guys suck. Still thrilled about the move b/c I am a fan and Krejci and him are worth the gamble b/c DK plays that slow down style game.

But now with the Redden move I'm not so sure we got much more than Rolston and Zanon.

These trades cost nothing and address the power play so Chiarelli deserves credit.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Was looking up Redden and what happened to him. See if there is any possibility Redden becomes the player he used to be? After all, he did get 50 pts in 65 games and a +35 in '05-'06 season. Always put up solid numbers till that year. Seen that he missed the whole of april that same year to be with his dying mother. Everybody says that it was Chara's absence that caused his down fall, but maybe his mother's death had a more profound effect on him. Never seemed to be the same player after that.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Was looking up Redden and what happened to him. See if there is any possibility Redden becomes the player he used to be? After all, he did get 50 pts in 65 games and a +35 in '05-'06 season. Always put up solid numbers till that year. Seen that he missed the whole of april that same year to be with his dying mother. Everybody says that it was Chara's absence that caused his down fall, but maybe his mother's death had a more profound effect on him. Never seemed to be the same player after that.

Death of his mother had a profound affect for sure. But there were rumors of some other issues as well. Won't get into it because there's no real substantial evidence, though in most Ottawa circles, it's pretty much fact.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Death of his mother had a profound affect for sure. But there were rumors of some other issues as well. Won't get into it because there's no real substantial evidence, though in most Ottawa circles, it's pretty much fact.

Truer words were never spoken when it comes to the rumours, anybody who has lived in Ottawa during Redden's years here knows this.

TCDaniels

Legen... Wait for it
Feb 12, 2003
Maine
And are those other issues "cleaned up"?

Anyone who is beyotching about this move... What's the issue? Is it that he'll suck? So what's the ABSOLUTE worst case scenario? He could be worse than our last-in-line PBruins/Big Club guy... (probably Krug, right?)

OK - so he ends up being 10th on the depth chart.

Are you REALLY that concerned about giving away a 7th rounder in NEXT year's draft that you're not even willing to give it a shot?

And the BEST case scenario? He ends up being a servicable #5-6? Which you got for a 7th rounder...

Are you THAT hung up on 7th round draft picks that you're not even willing to give it a go? Makes Chiarelli look bad? Really? Gambling with a 7th rounder makes him look bad???... I don't know - I just don't see it.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can

Just looked it up. Never heard that about him before.

Anyways, here is Redden taking down Pouliot :D

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Start typing 'Wade Redden' into google and see what the suggested searches are.

Anyway, I think he has moved on. I remember reading something about his time in NY and how difficult that was (hockey-wise), followed by how he basically re-made himself in Hartford (AHL). So I think he is legitimately wanting to and trying to rediscover some of his old magic. He's only 35, so there's some good years left in him I'm sure. Based on what I heard from Blues fans, he's been a solid depth guy in limited minutes. I doubt he'll ever be a relied on go-to guy ever again, but if he has even a fraction of the talent he did in his prime, that's still a very good player.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
Anyway, I think he has moved on. I remember reading something about his time in NY and how difficult that was (hockey-wise), followed by how he basically re-made himself in Hartford (AHL). So I think he is legitimately wanting to and trying to rediscover some of his old magic. He's only 35, so there's some good years left in him I'm sure. Based on what I heard from Blues fans, he's been a solid depth guy in limited minutes. I doubt he'll ever be a relied on go-to guy ever again, but if he has even a fraction of the talent he did in his prime, that's still a very good player.

Yes- wasn't he supposedly a fantastic mentor down there?

The rumors were rampant a few years ago. Apparently he, Emery, and McGrattan were quite the trio.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Yes- wasn't he supposedly a fantastic mentor down there?

The rumors were rampant a few years ago. Apparently he, Emery, and McGrattan were quite the trio.

I think he was/is genuine about getting his career back on track. It was about as low as you can sink having to go down to the minors while getting 6.5 million. He could have just faded away (like Peter Schaefer) but instead he tried to rebuild himself. I'm happy Chiarelli gave him the opportunity and I'm confident he won't disappoint.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->