Confirmed with Link: Redden to Boston

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Chia looking for some magic from some old guys.

Hope it's a late rd pick.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 3s
Wade Redden traded to Boston by St. Louis

If this was 05-06 this would be the best deadline in history

This.

I don't like him any better than the guys we already have.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I like it. Solid depth move by the Bruins.

For short term he should be fine in playoff in need be but Bartkowski needs to get a big time shot next season. A Mil for a top 6 is a bargain

LyndonByers

Nov 1, 2006
I thought with the capspace they had they could have done much better then Wade Redden. Looks pretty thin on that blueline as a contender.

Chia should have done more on the blueline. Hopefully there is something not annouced yet.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Chara - Hamilton

Seids - Boychuk

Ference - McQuaid

Redden will be the first guy in when there is an injury or someone is playing poorly ( think rookie playoff jitters from Hamilton ). I think it's a solid move. If the Bruins are going to go far in the playoffs, depth is going to be key because it's almost a given that someone will get hurt, sick, or has to sit out due to poor play.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
I hope we're not done yet....

I was hoping for a legit top 4 d-man, not Wade Redden. Redden is an ok depth d-man to fill in for an injury, but how does he make our defense better?

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
So, lemme get this straight....

The trade is:

Redden.
The fork sticking out of Redden's back.

For

A late round 2014 pick?

Eh...

I mean, depth is always good, but can he beat out McQuaid if/when he comes back? Or even Bartkowski?

I'm hoping he surprises me, but it really seems like a move that's not designed to help the active roster.

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
Solid move to shore up the D. Better than what we have filling in

Yup - he's not supposed to be 'better' than anybody they have, just 'better' than anybody they'd call up when somebody gets injured. And he is.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
For short term he should be fine in playoff in need be but Bartkowski needs to get a big time shot next season. A Mil for a top 6 is a bargain

I like Bartkowski a lot and have followed him since we traded for him. He'll get his chance eventually IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad