GDT: Red Wings @ Wild | 4/4/15 | 6PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Minnesota sports fans...

We're not going to play a great game every night, coming off a four day break, we stuck with the best team in the East and we lost in a skills competition vs. The Wings who are also battling for a playoff spot. People just need to quit acting like we're going to be at 100% for every second every game.

One of the differences between the best teams in the league and just good teams is they learn to play well, consistently. And they learn to play well when they have to.

Well, we have to, in a large part because we put our own damned backs up against the wall earlier on, so we do not have much, if any, slush space.

Plus, how can you even justify making excuses for this team, especially when there is only a handful of games left and the best of the other teams are playing their best hockey right now.

Minnesota sports fans...

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Here's the solution to the powerplay: drop it completely.

Just roll regular lines 5 on 4 and 5 on 3 and let them take advantage of more open ice to be more effective. Obviously this coaching staff can't construct a decent power play to save its life so just stop treating it like a special team and roll normal lines and pairings.

Well, it certainly couldn't make it worse than it's been all year.

Plus our lines really do see to have decent chemistry right now.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
One of the differences between the best teams in the league and just good teams is they learn to play well, consistently. And they learn to play well when they have to.

Well, we have to, in a large part because we put our own damned backs up against the wall earlier on, so we do not have much, if any, slush space.

Plus, how can you even justify making excuses for this team, especially when there is only a handful of games left and the best of the other teams are playing their best hockey right now.

Minnesota sports fans...

We have plenty of slush space, we win one game and we're in...

I don't know what everyone is *****ing about when our PP tied up the game and we still got a point, which is really all we needed. This team played a 1 goal game after a very long break where Dubnyk wasn't his best, which was also vs. the best team in the East. Then we lost in a skills competition vs. Detroit. If we had won that game, everything would be just fine, but no. Let's complain because they've lost 2 1-goal games after going on a 5 game win streak that featured 2 back-to-backs.

I guess the Preds, Blues, Hawks are all **** teams because they've had ups and downs too.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
i agree with avder, drop the special team aspect of it, roll normal lines and go from there. They tried it a few games back if i recall correctly, and they scored. imagine that

That would be an interesting way of doing it tbh. They should have done that earlier this season just to see what would happen.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I've often thought that they should just roll normal lines on the PP.

Just play it like you're 5 on 5, and look for the open guy.

Slick Willy*

Where's the GDT today?

I'm pumped!

Let's solidify destiny today.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I've often thought that they should just roll normal lines on the PP.

Just play it like you're 5 on 5, and look for the open guy.

Considering how even the bottom 6 have performed this year, it would not have been a stretch to think they could score on it :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad