GDT: Red Wings @ Wild | 4/4/15 | 6PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
Yeah, but it's not his decision. That's up to the coaches who decide which guys are out there. I'm not sure how to read into Suter's reaction, because it's one thing to read it vs. actually hearing it. But it sounds like there is a little frustration there. That can be good, because it means they care. But on the other hand, seeing frustration (along with some poor games the last few nights) is scary since it's so easy to throw the train off the tracks. And this is not the time for that to happen.

I agree. It's important that the players do care enough to be frustrated by it. I really hope that they turn that frustration into more determination to flip the switch back into the Wild we know they can be.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Yeah, but it's not his decision. That's up to the coaches who decide which guys are out there. I'm not sure how to read into Suter's reaction, because it's one thing to read it vs. actually hearing it. But it sounds like there is a little frustration there. That can be good, because it means they care. But on the other hand, seeing frustration (along with some poor games the last few nights) is scary since it's so easy to throw the train off the tracks. And this is not the time for that to happen.

They lost a tight game to the best team in the East and lost to the Wings in a skills competition, I'm not worried.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Yeah...I'm loving the reactions. Sure, probably should have picked up two points....but they'll be fine.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
They lost a tight game to the best team in the East and lost to the Wings in a skills competition, I'm not worried.

Im not worried but there are some deficiencies that Yeo needs to figure out real damn quick. I know Koivu going out last minute meant no callup from Iowa was going to happen but Nate Prosser should not be lacing up skates for this team in the playoffs. I love Suter but that man has ZERO business being on the top PP. Yeo has no business giving them 1:45 minutes of a 5 on 3 (even calling a timeout) and then playing perimeter passing instead of getting Detroit moving their feet.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
First time we've lost two games in a row since, what, January some time?

Almost forgot what a losing streak feels like.

And we still got a point!

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Right. Not concerned at all and we all knew the honeymoon was going to end. I am a tad befuddled over why they are having such a problem at home though.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan

So odd because I think the last time we lost two in a row was a loss at home vs. Columbus then a SO loss vs. Detroit. Damn you Detroit! 0-0-2

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Are you guys seriously panicking? LA is pretty much done (they need to win out and Minnesota needs to lose out). San Jose is beyond done. Minnesota is going to make the playoffs as either the 1st or 2nd wild card team. At that point, it doesn't really matter. We'll either play Anaheim or Nashville, and both of them we can easily win.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Are you guys seriously panicking? LA is pretty much done (they need to win out and Minnesota needs to lose out). San Jose is beyond done. Minnesota is going to make the playoffs as either the 1st or 2nd wild card team. At that point, it doesn't really matter. We'll either play Anaheim or Nashville, and both of them we can easily win.
I think you underestimate the Ducks if you think winning a series vs them will be easy.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Bruce Bourdreu chokes in the playoffs. Their goaltenders also have as much experience playing in the playoffs as the Wild.

They also have a 16-4-0 record vs the Central division this year, and the Wild have always struggled to score against them... including during this hot streak.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Im not worried but there are some deficiencies that Yeo needs to figure out real damn quick. I know Koivu going out last minute meant no callup from Iowa was going to happen but Nate Prosser should not be lacing up skates for this team in the playoffs. I love Suter but that man has ZERO business being on the top PP. Yeo has no business giving them 1:45 minutes of a 5 on 3 (even calling a timeout) and then playing perimeter passing instead of getting Detroit moving their feet.

Prosser was FANTASTIC for us before he got hurt. And this is coming from someone that has been very anti-Prosser.

And I'm pretty sure the 5 on 3 was not 1:45.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
That was a very uninspiring game.

I get it, we're going to lose some, it's how we've lost the last two that is a little troublesome. Plus the playoffs are right around the corner and we are not on our "A" game right now - they better figure their **** out and fast.

And that PP. Ah the memories it brings back... None are good for the last four years either.

You're only as strong as your weakest link. Well, it's a pretty glaring deficiency of ours, has already been a substantial reason why we have been knocked out of the playoffs before, and does not appear to be improving at all. The goal we scored was luck, not because we have a competent PP.

It's too late to figure it out this year, but I swear if they do not make significant improvement on it next year...

Exactly how many times have we scored on a 5v3 this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad