Prospect Info: Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Lol we have a real goon coming up. This kid doesn't miss mean streak for sure.

I'm actually glad hes going to college so he can focus on his skills. He has to be one of the toughest prospects in the entire league, especially for guys still in junior I would probably stack him up with anyone.

I'm betting hes converted to forward though if he makes the NHL and plays more as a 13th forward. If a guy can skate fast though I dont mind if his hockey skills arent great because he'll be laying out bodies left and right. It also makes more sense to use an enforcer as your 13th forward when hes 6'4, 240 lbs and can skate fast enough to crush guys instead of smaller guys like May and Downey who dont really scare dmen that they come down on.

If Mckee can just become good enough to play 7 mins a game he will scare the piss out of most NHLers

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
They can't even score to the Paterson's empty net. :D

He has some magnetic field. That a good for a goalie.

90 minutes and still zero conceded goals.

Haha, that was hilarious. Richie and Catenacci both miss empty-netters. "That's not going in, that's Paterson's net"

I think Paterson should be at least the third goalie. I don't know if Sproul will make it though.

TNigs

60 mins of Hell
Jul 29, 2012
Hockeytown
Sproul had a nice game defensively today, he knocked the puck off of guys in front of the net multiple times.

Even thought it was Murphy's best game so far, he still looked pretty bad. He will make the team because of his coach but not deserving with the other talent around him.

Paterson looked great, it won't be enough for him to be the starter but he looks so focused and calm out there, always in great position, stopping everything.

Tom Wilson crushed someone behind the net, and sacrificed the body in the final seconds to block a shot. Canada will love this guy by the end of this tournament.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Paterson is going to be on the team and from there it's a toss up because now they can battle for positions. I'm thinking he'll end up as a back up though, unless he continues this type of play.

Ouellet is a on the team, no secret.

Sproul, I just don't know. I don't think he showed enough offensively to make it. If anything he'll start as the #7 defensemen.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
My guess:
- Ouellet a lock for the top-4
- Paterson is the back-up thanks to a great camp
- Sproul will be cut; didn't show his offense enough but was steady defensively

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Yeah I lol'ed hard on that one.

90 minutes, 3 nights 0.00 GAA. I'm really falling in love with this kid.

I remember the criticism the Wings got for picking him on draft day. When people found out it was basically Osgood's pick, it made it even worse.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Corrado was cut, chance for Sproul?

And Brossoit cut as well, so Paterson is on the team.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Corrado was cut, chance for Sproul?

And Brossoit cut as well, so Paterson is on the team.

:handclap: for Paterson, played his way on to the team. Maybe he's backup, but chances are he'll be 3rd string.

As for Sproul, IMO, it's a battle between him and Murphy and Murphy has the inside track with his Kitchener ( I think ) coach being the head coach.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
:handclap: for Paterson, played his way on to the team. Maybe he's backup, but chances are he'll be 3rd string.

As for Sproul, IMO, it's a battle between him and Murphy and Murphy has the inside track with his Kitchener ( I think ) coach being the head coach.

If Murphy makes this team and they don't get gold his coach will never hear the end of that decision. He has been bad in camp and really not great this year either along with a poor summer. There is no reason he is even in the running at this point.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009

Based on this week's games I don't think Dumba should be on the team. But of course it's not all based on this week. If Dumba doesn't make it, Sproul has a chance I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad