TSN: Red Wings pending UFA Updates

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Nyquist & Howard need to be next, then Holland can step aside at the end of the season and call it good.

Who’s really gonna offer a first for them? I know it’s a negotiation tactic by Wings. But that price has to come down lower. Ryan Miller is expecting to get a third round pick. No way Howard gets a first.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Who’s really gonna offer a first for them? I know it’s a negotiation tactic by Wings. But that price has to come down lower. Ryan Miller is expecting to get a third round pick. No way Howard gets a first.

Then trade for Ryan Miller?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

Ryan Miller has played 40 games in the last two years...

Reactions: Oddbob and LazyT

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Ryan Miller has played 40 games in the last two years...

And he also has more accolades than Jimmy Howard. Jimmy Howard hasn’t won anything compared to Miller. Asking for a first is a ridiculous asking price if Miller is available.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Trade for Ryan Miller then.

That’s what other teams should do. We have Ryan Miller. I’m a Ducks fan. And I’m telling you straight up Howard isn’t fetching a first. You’re gonna be disappointed on the return of him. You’ll see

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
And he also has more accolades than Jimmy Howard. Jimmy Howard hasn’t won anything compared to Miller. Asking for a first is a ridiculous asking price if Miller is available.

Cool. Kris Draper had 4 Stanley Cups and a Selke to his name in 2009. That doesn't make him more valuable than younger players who were playing better in 2009.

What the hell kind of logic is that?

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
That’s what other teams should do. We have Ryan Miller. I’m a Ducks fan. And I’m telling you straight up Howard isn’t fetching a first. You’re gonna be disappointed on the return of him. You’ll see

Ok.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

Agreed, and it's not a reflection on the player, but the market. Is there a contending team out there for whom Jimmy Howard is a a meaningful upgrade as a starting goalie? If yes, then Howard could very well net a late 1st. However I don't see a team in those particular circumstances, and I don't see a team willing to give up a 1st to upgrade their backup.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Agreed, and it's not a reflection on the player, but the market. Is there a contending team out there for whom Jimmy Howard is a a meaningful upgrade as a starting goalie? If yes, then Howard could very well net a late 1st. However I don't see a team in those particular circumstances, and I don't see a team willing to give up a 1st to upgrade their backup.

Calgary is the only reasonable possibility.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
No one cares what Miller did 10 years ago. He's a backup goalie that's about to turn 39.

Reactions: Oddbob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad