TSN: Red Wings pending UFA Updates

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
ah, this thread....

howard might get a 1st or a conditional 1st if and only if a team really needs a goalie and has earmarked him for the role.

nyquist is better than tatar who fetched a 1st, 2nd and 3rd last year, so looking for a 1st for him makes perfect sense. however, there are no guarantees. if people want him, a 1st is realistic, if not then he either stays or we get less value.

always so tough to predict.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
That’s what I’m saying. If Ryan Miller is reportedly costing a third to the sharks. How does Howard cost a first? Wings are trying to high ball the market.
This is part of negotiations .We ask for first you say second , we agree second and third

WingNut

Jun 21, 2016
Yeah Nyquist to the Preds, Is probably more realistic then the Islanders at this stage.

I think so as well. Gus seems like a good fit in Nashville. I think Gus and Jimmy are going to get a lot more than what people think looking at what was given up for comparable players and Jimmy being best G on the block. It would be stupid of Calgary to not give up a condition 1st for Jimmy with the team that they have.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm surprised I haven't heard more rumours in the media about Nyquist. Seems to be really flying under the radar.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
And he also has more accolades than Jimmy Howard. Jimmy Howard hasn’t won anything compared to Miller. Asking for a first is a ridiculous asking price if Miller is available.

None of Miller's good accomplishments are anytime recent. Jimmy is 3 years younger, a starter and playing awesome on the third worst team, while Miller is 38 years old, a backup and has played a combined 40 games the last 2 seasons.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I'm surprised I haven't heard more rumours in the media about Nyquist. Seems to be really flying under the radar.
Yeah i'm kind of shocked that we haven't heard more on the Nyquist front as well, Have heard of Howard being linked to the Flames and now some speculation that the Sharks might've interest in Howard as well. But it seems like most teams have more interest in Stone, Simmonds, Hayes and others. Been very very quiet on the Nyquist front.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I could see Howard going for a 2nd and a conditional 3rd. (turns into 4th if he isn't resigned)

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Yeah i'm kind of shocked that we haven't heard more on the Nyquist front as well, Have heard of Howard being linked to the Flames and now some speculation that the Sharks might've interest in Howard as well. But it seems like most teams have more interest in Stone, Simmonds, Hayes and others. Been very very quiet on the Nyquist front.

Zuccs has kind of set a price now for Gus I think.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I think so as well. Gus seems like a good fit in Nashville. I think Gus and Jimmy are going to get a lot more than what people think looking at what was given up for comparable players and Jimmy being best G on the block. It would be stupid of Calgary to not give up a condition 1st for Jimmy with the team that they have.
My dream would be something around Fabbro for Nyquist. Maybe something similar to the Jensen deal where Nyquist agent talks to Poile and there's something done. Where we can get Fabbro out of Nashville we really need to revamp our blueline. Adding both Fabbro and Bowey is a start.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Realistically, the Nyquist talk is probably dead because everybody is waiting on Stone.

Once that card falls, he'll probably be quickly moved.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Okay, So it's not looking good then on the Nyquist front. Gus is worth 5 years $27.5 million easily. Would still love to deal him. And then maybe resign him back on July 1st. Need to get something for our pending UFA's

Khan said it's a toss up whether he gets dealt (Nyquist)

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Yeah i see Goose being similar to the Tatar deal to Vegas, If he gets moved at will be at the final minute of tomorrows TDL. Holland will wait until the very last minute unless he gets blown away by an offer he just can't turn down. And i don't see that happening.

I think it happens shortly after Stone gets moved. So it's unlikely it comes down to the wire unless Stone stays in Ottawa.

Tatar's deal was pretty much because Vegas got cold feet on a Karlsson deal and made a knee-jerk reaction.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
Yeah i see Goose being similar to the Tatar deal to Vegas, If he gets moved at will be at the final minute of tomorrows TDL. Holland will wait until the very last minute unless he gets blown away by an offer he just can't turn down. And i don't see that happening.

I agree and that was always what was going to happen. Nyquist isn't the BPA on the winger market. Other moves have to be made first and Nyquists suitors will be the teams that miss out on PLAN A. Then Nyquist must be willing to wave his NTC. A lot of moving parts involved with trading Nyquist. If a deal gets done it will be at the final minute.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I agree and that was always what was going to happen. Nyquist isn't the BPA on the winger market. Other moves have to be made first and Nyquists suitors will be the teams that miss out on PLAN A. Then Nyquist must be willing to wave his NTC. A lot of moving parts involved with trading Nyquist. If a deal gets done it will be at the final minute.
I guess there's already some speculation that Gus doesn't want to waive his NTC, Probably a lot to do with his first child being born in May. And probably doesn't want to be far away from home. He's pretty much starting a new life there in Detroit He and his Wife Danielle. Pretty sure when is all said and done. He'll be a Wing for another 4 to 5 years.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad