Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don’t know why they just don’t take a WR here.

Sure but it’s a WR heavy draft and it’s an area of need… why galaxy brain it.
They’re not the best fits given what they already have (outside of Keon Coleman). They need talent so just pick who they think is BPA

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
N'Keal Harry has left too many scars for me to like wrs like Keon Coleman. Lazy comparison without me really watching him but big, slower wr who don't test well on agility drills feel like one dimensional players at the next level.

Trade down and add some middle round picks. Something like 34 and 180 for 43, 109 and 143 from Atlanta so the Falcons can get DeJean who fits a Raheem Morris defense. Give me Patrick Paul and Jalen McMillan from Day 2.

Coleman is the better athlete, kind of comfortably.

He set the fastest speed in the last 2 years in the gauntlet drill at the combine.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Bill Belichick just had an orgasm on air over the Patriots trading this pick

Draft a rookie QB and do very little in free agency to address weapons/OL and then trade down in the draft.

Ladd McConkey is a good enough weapon for Justin Herbert but not Drake Maye?

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
According to the Rich Hill Trade Value Chart, the Patriots "win" that trade 195 to 191.

Atlanta just traded up... probably for Spencer Rattler.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
McConkey didn't make sense for the Patriots. He projects as a slot guy in the nfl and Douglas looks like a good weapon in there already. Move down 4 spots in the second round to make your early 5th round pick an early 4th rounder is an alright trade. 103 and 110 gives them the ammo to move back up if someone they like is still there

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
They might have five wide receivers all graded exactly the same and just got value by moving back to a spot that can still grab one.

Even if they just have five players period like that it's a good move.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad