GDT: Red Wings @ Maple Leafs - 7:30 PM ET (preseason game 7)

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
No not based on preseason? We'll see more of this in the regular season then not. I'm talking after our 3rd straight non winning season.
Even Scotty Bowman couldn't make this crap look like chocolate cake.

The only thing that's really made me wonder about changing Blashill soon was the deal with him and Mantha. Not because he called out Mantha but because Mantha didn't seem to understand what his coach was trying to tell him. There was a communication issue between the two. That's a problem.

As long as he doesn't hinder the development of the young guys, I see no reason to change coaches this season.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
6-1 in a preseason - FIRE THAT COACH!
Broh, Trashill is garbage. His job is to coach this team to a bubble spot only so the posters who call for his head can complain about not tanking for a high draft pick.

I don't know what it is about Red Wing fans but a good deal of them seem to want to be in a constant state of distress so they have something to bitch about.

Blashill needs to develop young talent, not win hockey games. Some posters need to sleep on this.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Didn't see the whole game, but it looked like there were a lot of passengers tonight.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Aa, mantha, larkin, bert all a year older.

add is rasmussen who i think will score 20, nyquist on a contract year, vaneks return. cholowski looking good.

no way this team will be worse.

We have won 4/20 NHL games since the Tatar trade. He was our best goalscorer who was never replaced.

You add the loss of Zetterberg and it will turn pretty bad, short-term.

No need to lie on ourselves.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
We have won 4/20 NHL games since the Tatar trade. He was our best goalscorer who was never replaced.

You add the loss of Zetterberg and it will turn pretty bad, short-term.

No need to lie on ourselves.

Tatar wasn't a better goal scorer than Mantha and he won't be moving forward. Tatar's awesome possession driving stats also really took a dive the last couple years. I mean I actually could see the kids making up for that, but Z is a significant loss to a group that wasn't that great to begin with. I hope the kids grow and they should take strides this year but you're going to have a lot of nights like tonight where the game gets away in a hurry. That happens to young groups and our primary guys now are young guys and I think we are in for some tough lessons for sure this year.

I am not sure that is bad long-term. Our young guys are competitive and have the right makeups in my opinion. They are going to be getting opportunities, but we just have to live with what that also creates and that is nights like tonight. When you make big mistakes continuously in this league you get the doors blown off from time to time. I don't think Howard or Bernier are good enough to stop the tidal waves that will happen to us at times in games.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
Well I gotta say this pre season in my eyes has gone pretty well. The young guys got a chance to show their stuff and put together some nice wins. Now even though they got smoked on the score board I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing. These kids are gonna have bad games and to be honest they stuck pretty close to a NHL squad 1-1 for a decent amount of time and held their own pretty decently. Once the penalties started the wheels came off. That stuff happens even to the best of teams but it’s good for the team, it’s a learning experience and you can’t win them all. With all that being said we weren’t expecting the wings to really be that good regardless of how great the prospects turn out. They aren’t there just yet. My takeaway so far is there is definitely a lot of promise in these guys pushing for roster spots. I don’t think they’re that far out from being in playoff contender status. I’m definitely optimistic about the future but who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: