GDT: Red Wings @ Maple Leafs - 7:30 PM ET (preseason game 7)

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Kronwall should just retire. Only money reasons have him on the ice still. He is a shell of his former self on a rebuilding young team. There is literally no reason for him to still be out there.
Pretty easy to tell somebody else what to do with their life. Kronwall has given a lot to this organization. If he wants to see out the last year of his contract, he is more than welcome to.

The funny thing about this is Kronwall's salary dropped to 1.75 million this year, and he's trying to keep playing and getting shit on for "playing for the money"
But then Hossa and Z have the critics who say "well their salary dropped" so they're circumventing the cap! (even though they get paid)
Two sides of the same coin.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
And you guys thought we where gonna be good? We are in this season for the 1st over all pick. Then Stevie can come in and clean house starting with the coaching staff and moving on to the trash Kenny kept around. give it 2 or 3 more years boys and girls.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
We are the worst team in the league in my opinion. This is going to be a tough grind of a season. Hopefully the lottery smiles on us and the kids give us reasons to be optimistic about the future. But this is what I expect to see a decent amount. We just aren't a very good hockey team.

I think some nights if we execute we could play some fun run and gun hockey, but I just don't expect them to hold up a lot of nights. They aren't good enough right now.

We don't really need a lottery luck. We just need 1 season go by and secure a top5 pick in quite equal but strong draft and get more talent.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Also it's the Leafs. They've got offense for days.
That's the thing to remember.

Yes, this Detroit team isn't very good. But the Wings started 1 NHL defenseman* against one of if not THE best offensive team in the league.

*(one and a half if you include Jensen).

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
And you guys thought we where gonna be good? We are in this season for the 1st over all pick. Then Stevie can come in and clean house starting with the coaching staff and moving on to the trash Kenny kept around. give it 2 or 3 more years boys and girls.

Who and where are these guys who thought we were gonna be good? I'd love to hear of two legitimate posters who have said they think that this year's team is going to be good.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Hold on... we are getting blown out by the full squad leafs... we have 90 yr old 1 legged guy, 4 rookies and a career AHLer on the back end... what did you think was going to happen? Lol good lord... it’s gonna be ok

We aren't going to ice a much better defense. This is what a lot of this year is going to look like. Yes Green is better and Ericsson is okay, but DK has played just as bad as Jensen for two years and Daley seems off a lot of the time in my opinion. Plus they are all already knicked up and old. When they are in it is a bunch of bottom pairing 6/7 guys.

It's not a this is going to be okay, this year is going to be tough. I think we all know that, we lost our second best player on last years sorry squad and we are going to have to watch a lot of wobbly moments out of the youth. Hopefully it is a good learning year though. The only way we are good is if the young guys carry us and that is looking like a tall order for a lot of guys.

But when people argue we are better than Ottawa or whatever team, I really don't see it. I think we are the worst team in the league, but we can get things out of this season and hopefully with a top 5 pick we get another solid foundation piece and maybe something big in free agency or a couple high draft picks and say a Trouba in UFA following next year. But I think we do really need to get lucky on a d-man in free agency because I think our forward build could be complete pretty soon. Goalie and D are looking a lot tougher.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Real talk. But at least you can see a point somewhere a few years down the line where we can compete with anybody, not just hope to keep games close for as long as possible before we get destroyed.

Reactions: Goalie guy

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Who and where are these guys who thought we were gonna be good? I'd love to hear of two legitimate posters who have said they think that this year's team is going to be good.
Look for the 7-0 preseason folks!!! But I guess they might not be "legitimate" as poster as you are??

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Real talk. But at least you can see a point somewhere a few years down the line where we can compete with anybody, not just hope to keep games close for as long as possible before we get destroyed.
I'm fine with a down turn and really happy about some of our young guy's. This was a almost full Leafs team this was to be expected.

Reactions: Run the Jewels

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Rasmussen twice making a halfassed effort getting the puck out there after he came out of the box.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad