Red Wings Draft Thread 2013

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
What would the cost be? 18th + Jurco/Jarnkrok + Sproul/Ouellet + ?

I don't think it would be that much, maybe one of those pieces + 1st+our 2nd. I think once you get past 8 all of the top tier is gone & you're into the 2nd/3rd tier so the price wouldn't be crazy high. Fans may want more but I don't think it would cost an arm & a leg to move to 10 just an arm.

Last edited:

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
After just reading HF´s pre draft report and assessment of the Red Wings´ talent pool, I found this a bit amusing:

- One position the Wings won’t be looking at highly is goaltending where they’re well-stocked.“It’s not a high priority for us,†McDonnell said. “We’re happy with Mrazek. Paterson is a high-end kid. We’re not pressed to take a goalie, but if there’s one rated highly we’ll take him. Not in the top three runds, though.â€

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
I don't think it would be that much, maybe one of those pieces + our 2nd. I think once you get past 8 all of the top tier is gone & you're into the 2nd/3rd tier so the price wouldn't be crazy high. Fans may want more but I don't think it would cost an arm & a leg to move to 10 just an arm.

For some reason I got myself believing we were discussing top 5. Maybe it was the word franchise player playing a trick on me... :laugh:

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
After just reading HF´s pre draft report and assessment of the Red Wings´ talent pool, I found this a bit amusing:

- One position the Wings won’t be looking at highly is goaltending where they’re well-stocked.“It’s not a high priority for us,†McDonnell said. “We’re happy with Mrazek. Paterson is a high-end kid. We’re not pressed to take a goalie, but if there’s one rated highly we’ll take him. Not in the top three rounds, though.â€

What is amusing? We all know McCollum is a bust so he isn't really worth mentioning.

It's smart not to take goalies in the first few rounds.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
What is amusing? We all know McCollum is a bust so he isn't really worth mentioning.

It's smart not to take goalies in the first few rounds.

probably called it amusing because HF called it a weakness a few months ago :laugh:

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Well, I guess they can shut the website down. How dare people have opinions!

Well it's fine to have opinions and discuss them but if people are going to just copy what some analyst/fan page/draft guru says, then please support the information. It just furthers some of the garbage that gets spread about some kids. So if people want to take part in that, they should also expect to be asked or called out on their comments. That's only fair.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Mods can keep shutting it down, but it is interesting that the NHL draft board run through had Detroit in Anaheim's spot as well today.

XWEFPoo.jpg

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Mods can keep shutting it down, but it is interesting that the NHL draft board run through had Detroit in Anaheim's spot as well today.

XWEFPoo.jpg

They were just playing with the board to make it work... Crap ton of picks on the right side aren't right. Seems to be confirmed by Mackenzie's picture witch had the first three picks of the draft already up their.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
They were just playing with the board to make it work... Crap ton of picks on the right side aren't right. Seems to be confirmed by Mackenzie's picture witch had the first three picks of the draft already up their.

Yea that's most likely the case. If it was only Detroit/Anaheim pick that was wrong, I would be suspicious, but the other wrong picks give it away.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yea that's most likely the case. If it was only Detroit/Anaheim pick that was wrong, I would be suspicious, but the other wrong picks give it away.

There are what three wrong picks. Ottawa going to San Jose (maybe Boyle), the one with us and San Jose Chicago swap. Not sure, like everyone said it could make sense but it strikes me as weird.

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
That picture is a merciless tease: with two first round picks Detroit could get the sun, moon, and half the stars.

i had hoped, in seeing that picture, that Holland had pulled a deal with Anaheim for Filppula's rights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad