Red Wings Draft Thread 2013

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Nothing happened. The trades would have been announced by now.

If it involves Filppula there would be negotiations that have to take place.

Probably isn't happening, but Filppula would almost have to be a part of this package anyway.

Will be fun to hear how Filppula's absurd demands killed this trade, make me hate Val even more than for the crappy season he just gave us.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
There is this article as well, not to familiar with this site but.

http://prosportsextra.com/2013/06/27/red-wings-in-trade-talks-with-anaheim-for-bobby-ryan/

Ken Holland Red Wings GM has been talking with Anaheim since the Red Wings got eliminated against the Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks, the source close said a deal is likely to happen this weekend with the NHL Draft coming up Anaheim would love a couple of mid round picks in a deep draft the Ducks are asking for Thomas Tatar, 2nd and 3rd round picks and Adam Almquist or Brian Lashoff.

The fact they have Tatar's name wrong is well disappointing and not a good sign. But interesting none the less, we might have found the team that values Tatar in a big way.

If Lashoff is traded, I will jump for joy. If I remember right when we signed him as an undrafted free agent, the Leafs and Burke were in on him.

This is a package that if close to true, has to be done.

snailderby

Jul 10, 2010

http://prosportsextra.com/2013/06/27/red-wings-in-trade-talks-with-anaheim-for-bobby-ryan/

The fact they have Tatar's name wrong is well disappointing and not a good sign. But interesting none the less, we might have found the team that values Tatar in a big way.

If Lashoff is traded, I will jump for joy. If I remember right when we signed him as an undrafted free agent, the Leafs and Burke were in on him.

Also, the grammar and punctuation from that article is all messed up. The "source close" said a deal is likely to happen this weekend? The Red Wings look to reload "they're arsenal"? Ken Holland looks to "put a stamp on an off seasons in Detroit that have been disappointing make a great off season in Detroit"? It looks as if this website was either translated from another language or written by someone who hasn't yet mastered the intricacies of the English language. That doesn't mean this rumor isn't true, just that I'm sort of skeptical that it is.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Mirco Muller is a guy whose name I don't see thrown out a lot, but I think he is someone that could be a possibility for the wings at #18.

6'4" defenseman with some upside.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Mirco Muller is a guy whose name I don't see thrown out a lot, but I think he is someone that could be a possibility for the wings at #18.

6'4" defenseman with some upside.

That would be a great choice if he's still there. I just dont think he will be. I just feel the Wings need to really look for a natural scorer with a big frame. That's why I think Mantha should be their target. I worry about Buffalo drafting him beforehand but it would be different for the Wings to have a guy in their system like that.

Muller could be a steal in this draft. The fact he has a NA year under his belt now is definitely a plus.

Wolverine Wings

#thankyoubasedgod
Feb 27, 2012
Detroit

The source looks sketchy but I really want this to be true. Bobby Ryan is the guy I've always wanted from that Anaheim trio. Young, right-handed, thirty goal scorers entering their prime are a rare commodity.

Sucks giving up Tatar, but keeping that 1st round pick would be a steal.:naughty:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That would be a great choice if he's still there. I just dont think he will be. I just feel the Wings need to really look for a natural scorer with a big frame. That's why I think Mantha should be their target. I worry about Buffalo drafting him beforehand but it would be different for the Wings to have a guy in their system like that.

Muller could be a steal in this draft. The fact he has a NA year under his belt now is definitely a plus.

Mantha would be nice, I am all for drafting a goal scorer. It would be nice to get a guy with size. If we got 1 of Mantha, Gauthier, Mueller, or Morin I would be pumped. All of them are 6'4" or bigger :yo:

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
What do you guys think of Tyler Motte. he's from just outside Port Huron. and is going to the university of MI next year. the kid could be a good project from a middle round. idk if I'm just sold on him because he's from my home town, or if he would be a good pick up.

Wolverine Wings

#thankyoubasedgod
Feb 27, 2012
Detroit
What do you guys think of Tyler Motte. he's from just outside Port Huron. and is going to the university of MI next year. the kid could be a good project from a middle round. idk if I'm just sold on him because he's from my home town, or if he would be a good pick up.

He's small. But after round two the draft is largely a crapshoot anyways, so I'd be all for a Michigan Man :yo:.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
You’ve had a lot of experience with drafts, but what will it be like now that you’re the “buck stops here†guy, with final say? “The only difference will be I’ll look to left and see Ken instead of Jim. But I’ve worked real close with Jim the last 18 years, we always were on the same page about picks. So really, not a big change, I think, except in the past he would have final say.â€

It seems like you’re deepest in the minors at defense, is that correct? “Yes, very. We’ve got Ryan Sproul and Xavier Ouellet, Gleason Fournier. We got Alexei Marchenko, from Russia. Mattias Backman looks like he’s got real good potential for the NHL in the future. There are a lot of guys back there who look really good for the future. You’re always looking for d-men. You’d always love to have one more, but we think we’re pretty well set up there. It’ll take the kids some time to learn the game in Grand Rapids, but we like what we’ve got.â€

Size isn’t everything in a player, but it does matter? “To an extent. It’s just the way the game has evolved. You see it in the scrums along the boards, with the bigger guys who go into the corners. You can’t just have a big guy, though, you need a big guy with skill. That’s what we’ve got in someone like Riley Sheahan, for example.

Some stuff from McDonnell.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
please holland, trade qoincey, cola, sammy, bert, cleary, eaves, lashoff, white and the rights for mursak for some picks.

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
Where are people anticipating Bo Horvat to go? It there any way Red Wings could trade up a few spots by dealing the right of Filppula + to snatch him?

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
The rights of Filppula (a value about a 3rd-4th rounder) does not get you many picks higher. Maybe one.

Hence the "+". If they know they are not resigning him, why not deal his rights to reduce the cost of the "+", even if it is only marginally?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Where are people anticipating Bo Horvat to go? It there any way Red Wings could trade up a few spots by dealing the right of Filppula + to snatch him?

I have him going somewhere between 11-15.

Trading up seems to be very costly this year. I'm not sure if I'd do that, considering how much it costs and I don't value Horvat THAT highly.

There is also chance he falls to us. Slight, though.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

In all likelyhood he'll be gone before us. My guess is the 10-15 range. His stock is going WAY up. Outside of Vincent Trocheck, he was probably the best 2 way forward in the OHL. He would be an absolute steal at 18.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->