Toronto
"Mr Holl-and, bring mee a dreammm
Make him the biggest, that I've ever seen
Give him two hips, smooth skating and forward
Then let him shoot lasers like Bo Horvath!"

:)

Christien

May 1, 2010
My wishlist for today is probably some of the potential "fallers" such as Alexander Wennberg, Rasmus Ristolainen, Max Domi, or Anthony Mantha. 1.Wennberg 2. Ristolainen 3. Domi 4. Mantha

And for some players that have a better chance of being available where we are: Valentin Zykov, Josh Morrissey. 1. Zykov 2. Morrissey

Obviously I'd like for us to get one of the guys I listed as a potential "faller", but if none are available, I'd like for us to get Morrissey, or Zykov. Zykov being the one I would pick if he & Morrissey are both available.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Would be so happy with Wennberg.

But I could see even Dallas taking him and Ottawa at least.

I won't be mad if Dallas takes Wennberg, because I can totally see that coming. However, if he gets close to our pick, and Ottawa takes him I will be pretty sad. I can see Ottawa taking him though.

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
Wow...

Just wow.

I'll be happy with a big dman, perferably Zadorov, but Mueller will do. Risto would be nice too. Even Pulock.

Unless a great forward is there go defense.

They (McDonnell) said recently they would probably go for the forward if it came to def vs fwd at similar level, as they think they are better stocked at defence.

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
If all of the high end forwards are gone I'm 100% for this. Maybe we can pick up the 25th & 34th if the Habs get desperate enough & we can pickup 2 guys.
it would likely the the 55th, not 24th or 36th

Hold your horses, let's see who's available at 18 when its all said and done, first.

Dont see anyone being there who wouldnt be worth passing on for an extra pick in a deep draft

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
#5 pick is up for grabs.... Hello Lindholm/Monahan! We can dream.

TSN has a running thread of rumours on the draft floor... If interested:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426595

I think it'd take Smith+1st+, if Smith had been a bit better than maybe we wouldn't need another plus. The Canes need top 4 defenceman in the worst way so they'll want someone that's quite high upside & is NHL ready.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Deeper draft. Last year's value's dont dictate this years (as we can see by some of the absurd contracts being handed out)

2011 was a very deep draft in it's self. I just can't see them moving down to 25 only to pick up a late 2nd it doesn't make sense on our end. Most Hab fans I've talked to feel the 25+36th is fair value for a pick in the 14-18 range.

While past events don't dictate the future they do set a precedence about what is expected.

RedWingsNow*

In interviewed a local kid who has a shot at being drafted.
Aidan Muir is a 6'3 195 kid who skates very well and has some offensive chops

He skated with Victory Honda last year and has gotten almost no publicity as a result. But Western Michigan picked him up and this spring he was drafted first overall by the Indiana Ice in the USHL. He shot up from being unranked to 108th in the spring Central Scouting North American Rankings.

Perfect pick for the Red Wings later in the draft. Size+Skating+some skill and, most importantly -- he's got a year of the USHL + 3 years of college before he the Red Wings would feel obligated to make a contract decision.

Could be an awesome sleeper pick

RedWingsNow*

Habs can come down from their frozen throne in the North and deal on someone else's terms if they want their French Canadian player so badly.

America! America! America!

One of the most awesome videos ever made:laugh:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
After picking Mantha at 1st round, it's pretty awesome to hit for 2nd round with two picks there.

2nd round has been basicly our gold mine in latest four drafts.

Martin Frk, Tomas Jurco, Xavier Ouellet, Ryan Sproul, Calle Järnkrok, Landon Ferraro and Tomas Tatar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad