Red Wings Draft Thread 2013

djdan6215

Feb 26, 2012
wow each team between in the first round between 9-30 want bo horvat ...

mirco mueller please no ... i really want a forward they have a lot of very good forward probably available at our rank

zykov or mantha

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Do any of our European posters know anything about Artturi Lehkonen?

Seems like the quintessential Red Wings 2nd round or 3rd round pick.

All I know is that he is supposed to have a really high skill level, but is small (5'11" and 159 lbs), but he is only 17. Seems like he has a lot of potential.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Do any of our European posters know anything about Artturi Lehkonen?

Seems like the quintessential Red Wings 2nd round or 3rd round pick.

All I know is that he is supposed to have a really high skill level, but is small (5'11" and 159 lbs), but he is only 17. Seems like he has a lot of potential.
He might be a bit on the small side but he's a tough kid and not afraid to go into the corners. Very skilled and a real goal scorer for sure. If he's there in the 3rd, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to pick him. Maybe even in the 2nd. I think he'll go around 30-45.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He might be a bit on the small side but he's a tough kid and not afraid to go into the corners. Very skilled and a real goal scorer for sure. If he's there in the 3rd, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to pick him. Maybe even in the 2nd. I think he'll go around 30-45.

I just saw this video, and was real impressed with his hand-eye coordination and ability to deflect pucks in front of the net:

Seems like he would be a really good project and a kid that could turn into a legit scorer with some physical maturity and more development.

edit: thanks for the feedback Chad, I was hoping you had seen him some.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Unless Mantha's been battling an injury this year, I don't think they have similar problems.

Saad's compete level was questioned and hes been great for Chicago and in his draft year Saad wasnt the best goal scorer in the draft.

Getzlaf had the same issue about not caring but I dont think you score 50 and score at the pace Mantha has without caring. He also had 4 fights last season he obviously gets somewhat intense.

I think of the guys who could realistically be around for the wings pick, he fits their needs most. Huge, scores goals, and looks like he could be a power forward type

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
IF Nichushkin, for some reason, slips to 8-10, what would it take for the Wings to trade up, and would the costs of doing so be worthwhile?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
IF Nichushkin, for some reason, slips to 8-10, what would it take for the Wings to trade up, and would the costs of doing so be worthwhile?

I think they'd have to really look at it. I personally think he's the best player in the entire draft and he was trending hat way a few months ago. Then you started to see all the rumors about him, the KHL, etc, etc. We shall see.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He does have some q's.

Two concussions this year.

Top end speed isn't great for his size.

His style is very reckless. Not afraid of anything; see two concussions this year.

Wasn't aware of the concussion history, that's a real bummer.

Oct 18, 2006
As a help to an international fan, how long until the draft starts? An hour, two ect. Would really help. :) Want to know how to plan my sleep around following it.

Wolverine Wings

#thankyoubasedgod
Feb 27, 2012
Detroit
As a help to an international fan, how long until the draft starts? An hour, two ect. Would really help. :) Want to know how to plan my sleep around following it.

3 p.m. Eastern. You should be able to find a stream online somewhere, because I don't believe it is being broadcast outside the USA.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

It will start 2 hours and 45 minutes from now. About 3:00 PM Eastern Standart Time (US)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Are we going to do a GDT-style thread at 3 when the Draft starts? I can't remember.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah. Especially since this thread is getting close to the 1K post limit.

But I'm going to miss the 1st two rounds :facepalm: Work on a Sunday, got to love it.

Well, I don't get NBCSN so I'm pretty pissed too. I thought they used to show them on the NHL network. But maybe I'm wrong.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Yeah. Especially since this thread is getting close to the 1K post limit.

But I'm going to miss the 1st two rounds :facepalm: Work on a Sunday, got to love it.

I tried to summon Flashy G to do one in his other thread.

Also for earlier poster, it should be covered on NBC sportsnetwork... sounds like they will pick up teh TSN feed.

Edit: oh if you don't get NBC maybe check to see if TSN is streaming it.

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
It will start 2 hours and 45 minutes from now. About 3:00 PM Eastern Standart Time (US)

Damn, I am looking forward to this. Have very high expectations that the Wings can get a top, top prospect, and if Nichushkin drops down into "trade-up-range" (10-14), I NEED to see some action by Holland. :yo:

Even though that (unlikely) scenario above doesn´t play out, there seems to be so many great prospects potentially falling down to 18, that I am very optimistic about what we will end up with. Even trading down, however boring and likely that is, could present very interesting hauls.

Wolverine Wings

#thankyoubasedgod
Feb 27, 2012
Detroit
I want Zykov over Morrissey, Pulock, Mueller, Morin, etc., not huge, but at a solid 6'1'', good speed, a plus shot and willing defender, Zykov simply needs more experience. He is the most skilled guy, but he has a really good chance at being a top 6 player down the line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad