Friedman: Red Wings could potentially move Athanasiou?

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
No incentive for us to make this deal, Gagner is an aging pending UFA that doesn't fit our rebuild, Jones+2nd isn't enticing enough to move AA Jones isn't a need as we are building up our D pipeline rather nicely here. Without RNH being included in the deal. I don't see a match between the Oilers and Wings here.
this dont make sense . the oil want to do something this playoff , rnh isnt going anywhere . and how can you not see a match when wings rebuilding and in need of futures and oil have pix / bouchard / broberg / etc . wings could retain 50% on aa and green plus take back a cap dump and really give oil a boost . and maybe wings have to add a prospect such as mastro etc and a pick to get one of those young dmen prospects . wings could add a glenny too as holland wants to do something this year and glennys no doubt help . i coould see lots of peices from redwings helping the oil

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
The only way I would trade Athanasiou would be for some help on D.
Gostisbehere, Brodin and Leddy would be some of the candidates that would interest me in a trade, with some adds on either side.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If by AA you mean this guy.... then maybe.
FB-Adam-Ant-no-copy-smaller-1532022609.png
I am old enough to understand this joke.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Something around AA and RNH?
How does that make any sense? Oilers would acquire Athanasiou to support the forward group of McD, Drai, Neal, RNH, not to downgrade from RNH to Athanasiou.

If there was something around one of our young defenseman like Caleb Jones +, this could work but otherwise I don't see it.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
this dont make sense . the oil want to do something this playoff , rnh isnt going anywhere . and how can you not see a match when wings rebuilding and in need of futures and oil have pix / bouchard / broberg / etc . wings could retain 50% on aa and green plus take back a cap dump and really give oil a boost . and maybe wings have to add a prospect such as mastro etc and a pick to get one of those young dmen prospects . wings could add a glenny too as holland wants to do something this year and glennys no doubt help . i coould see lots of peices from redwings helping the oil
And why would Yzerman help his old GM make the playoffs? I doubt Green would waive for Edmonton seeing that he's played his entire career in the East. Like i said no incentive to move AA for lesser pieces. Yes the 2nd is definitely enticing but we don't need Caleb Jones and sorry i'm not interested in helping Edmonton with their playoff aspirations.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
And why would Yzerman help his old GM make the playoffs? I doubt Green would waive for Edmonton seeing that he's played his entire career in the East. Like i said no incentive to move AA for lesser pieces. Yes the 2nd is definitely enticing but we don't need Caleb Jones and sorry i'm not interested in helping Edmonton with their playoff aspirations.
o_O why does yzerman care one bit if oil make playoffs ????????????

Reactions: BringJordanHome

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Athanasiou

For

Gagner

That makes the cap work. What would you add?
Excellent question. Depends more on what you guys want, of course. Our best two forward prospects are Kailer Yamamoto and Tyler Benson. Obviously Jesse Puljujarvi is floating out there and he is putting up good numbers in Liiga but I’m not sure how you feel about him. Draft picks would be in play. I had the Oilers pegged for an 83 point season and I still may be right, so I’d be hesitant to include an unprotected first. I dont know if Caleb Jones or Dmitri Samorukov (both LH D we are high on) move the needle at all in a package. No way we move Evan Bouchard. Broberg would be a stretch. We dont have much useful to give up at the NHL level. Benning I suppose, but you just saw AA walk him so I doubt he has much cache. Kind of a grab bag of futures, really. I’m open to suggestions.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
How does that make any sense? Oilers would acquire Athanasiou to support the forward group of McD, Drai, Neal, RNH, not to downgrade from RNH to Athanasiou.

If there was something around one of our young defenseman like Caleb Jones +, this could work but otherwise I don't see it.
The past few drafts Detroit has heavily drafted D, So Detroit doesn't need Jones our D pipeline is looking rather promising. No need to deal AA unless it brings back a good return for us. And Jones isn't that piece where RNH is. So as far as AA is concerned then. Detroit and Edmonton don't make good partners you want a good fast winger then you're going to pay a premium for him.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net

The Wings need help down the middle, that’s how it makes sense.

For the Wings.

If it doesn’t make sense for the Oilers, that’s fine too.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
It makes absolute sense? Detroit needs a #2C and RNH is a #2C in Detroit. Holland wants AA we want RNH That's the only thing that makes sense. Seeing that both Bouchard and Broberg are off the boards. Outside of those 3 players Edmonton doesn't have what i would want to move AA to them.

Reactions: izlez

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
He doesn't? Which is pretty much what i just said. Yzerman isn't going to help his ole GM out here. So no dice here unless the return is significant. And Gagner+Jones+2nd doesn't turn the needle on a AA trade.
you make zero sense . all yzerman cares about is improving his team , and he couldnt care less if the trade helps holland win the cup

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
you make zero sense . all yzerman cares about is improving his team , and he couldnt care less if the trade helps holland win the cup
Dude name me one piece that Edmonton has to offer us outside of RNH, Bouchard or Broberg and none of those 3 are available. That's all i'd want for AA Jones+2nd isn't enticing enough we've just as good of LHD in the pipeline as Jones.

Reactions: izlez

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
It makes absolute sense? Detroit needs a #2C and RNH is a #2C in Detroit. Holland wants AA we want RNH That's the only thing that makes sense. Seeing that both Bouchard and Broberg are off the boards. Outside of those 3 players Edmonton doesn't have what i would want to move AA to them.
your out in left field . hollands said he wants to do something these playoffs , trading a key vet peice away for a guy that wont bring as much is just one step forward one step back . and like i said wings might have to add stuff to get a d prospect . obviously i dont know oils position on moving them but i do know redwings have some good peices to improve them this playoffs and if pix / prospects are added maybe a deal could work . say a 2nd plus turamista the finn pick added to a aa plus green deal for a bouchard or broberg . i cant rate these oil prospects worth but my base point is oil moving rnh in this deal makes zero sense . ZERO !

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
your out in left field . hollands said he wants to do something these playoffs , trading a key vet peice away for a guy that wont bring as much is just one step forward one step back . and like i said wings might have to add stuff to get a d prospect . obviously i dont know oils position on moving them but i do know redwings have some good peices to improve them this playoffs and if pix / prospects are added maybe a deal could work . say a 2nd plus turamista the finn pick added to a aa plus green deal for a bouchard or broberg . i cant rate these oil prospects worth but my base point is oil moving rnh in this deal makes zero sense . ZERO !
Well yeah if we could make those deals, And include picks/prospects that could land one of Bouchard/Broberg then yes of course i'd do it. But i doubt Holland would. Just saying without one of RNH, Bouchard/broberg being included in the deal. Just don't see Yzerman doing it.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

Any GM who’s making decisions based on not helping another team make the playoffs isn’t going to go very far.

I’d wager that if Yzerman would be looking for futures were he to deal AA. The wings clearly aren’t a piece or two away from competing and unfortunately you’re not going to get a player who’s going to help anymore then what losing AA will take away. Maybe if you could package him with other pieces to pull in a real good young defenseman but AA kinda falls into that category of good but not great player who has some flaws so his value is hard to pin down.

Reactions: Winger98

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Excellent question. Depends more on what you guys want, of course. Our best two forward prospects are Kailer Yamamoto and Tyler Benson. Obviously Jesse Puljujarvi is floating out there and he is putting up good numbers in Liiga but I’m not sure how you feel about him. Draft picks would be in play. I had the Oilers pegged for an 83 point season and I still may be right, so I’d be hesitant to include an unprotected first. I dont know if Caleb Jones or Dmitri Samorukov (both LH D we are high on) move the needle at all in a package. No way we move Evan Bouchard. Broberg would be a stretch. We dont have much useful to give up at the NHL level. Benning I suppose, but you just saw AA walk him so I doubt he has much cache. Kind of a grab bag of futures, really. I’m open to suggestions.

Personally I'm not a fan of Puljujarvi.

I won't ask for the top 10 dmen taken.

How about:

Athanasiou

For

Gagner
Samorukov
2020 2nd
Conditional 2nd: Edmonton makes the playoffs.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
He's been getting more chances and driving play much better the past four games or so, he'll start scoring soon. At this point I'd rather keep him, right now his value is pretty low with him being snakebit. Last night he had two breakaways and quite a few high danger chances, I'm confident he starts producing soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad