Friedman: Red Wings could potentially move Athanasiou?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Waiving a 35 year old, who will be a UFA at the end of the year, and hasn't played a game for the Wings this year, is an indication the status quo isn't acceptable? What are the Wings trying to do anyway?

f30a0fb2972723a76416a8465e5f86ce--film-quotes-book-quotes.jpg

When you need talent, you lose.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Hell no, think more along the lines of prospects/picks and one of Manning or Gagner bundled in for salary cap reasons. The idea of getting AA would be for him to play with RNH, not subtract the center that allows us to run McDavid and Drai together.

edit: If you'd prefer a hockey trade that doesn't make you worse in the near term, Larsson is a potential option.
Your prospects and picks had better be pretty dam good for us to even consider it, Manning and or Gagner along with prospects or picks are a joke. You need to realize that AA will more then likely come with an extension as part of the deal so that only increases his value. Doubt Detroit has any interest in any of Edmontons prospects outside of Bouchard and Broberg and neither are going anywhere. And unless Edmonton falls out of the playoffs and gets a top 10 2020 1st round pick. Can't see Yzerman moving him to Edmonton.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Your prospects and picks had better be pretty dam good for us to even consider it, Manning and or Gagner along with prospects or picks are a joke. You need to realize that AA will more then likely come with an extension as part of the deal so that only increases his value. Doubt Detroit has any interest in any of Edmontons prospects outside of Bouchard and Broberg and neither are going anywhere. And unless Edmonton falls out of the playoffs and gets a top 10 2020 1st round pick. Can't see Yzerman moving him to Edmonton.
That's fine.

We aren't actively looking to make our team worse, if you subtract Nuge out the 2nd line would be Athanasiou - Sheahan - Neal, unless the intent is to split up the best duo in the NHL. I'd prefer our current plan of Mystery Meat of the Day - RNH - Neal line to the one with Sheahan as our 2nd line center.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
So Elliot thinks that the Wings might be possibly considering thinking about trading AA not because of anything Yzerman is saying about AA but because he waived Ericsson. Thanks “insider”.

If he would have even said Nielsen or Helm who are in more similar situations as Ericsson that might almost be something.

Reactions: izlez

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I was hoping futures in terms of draft picks and prospects would be of more interest to assist in your rebuild. I’ll admit to wishful thinking. Our depth is too thin up front to send Nuge so I’d have to politely decline.

Athanasiou

For

Gagner

That makes the cap work. What would you add?

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Would be stupid to trade him now or at all imo. A team that can’t score outside of the top line shouldn’t be trading a guy who can score 30+ without great line mates.

Reactions: Reddwit

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I'd offer a 2nd along with Caleb Jones and Gagner to make the cap work.

Would be nice to add someone with speed and skill to Nuges line and not leave him hanging.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He is a burner that creates offense with his speed,they tend to be streaky....Dont see why Detroit would trade him ,everybody needs speed in their lineup...

Reactions: Adityase

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com

Would be nice to add someone with speed and skill to Nuges line and not leave him hanging.
i dont want that offer but aa on nuges wing look out ! an excellent passing center is exactly what he needs . aa-nuge-neal would be a great line .

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

No incentive for us to make this deal, Gagner is an aging pending UFA that doesn't fit our rebuild, Jones+2nd isn't enticing enough to move AA Jones isn't a need as we are building up our D pipeline rather nicely here. Without RNH being included in the deal. I don't see a match between the Oilers and Wings here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad