Red Dead Redemption 2 - Reder and Deader

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I don’t craft or hunt, really. I just explore. I’m on Chapter 6 now so I’m trying to do all the side stuff before finishing up.

I did the Aberdeen Pig Farm thing the other night. That was good for a laugh.

You can't miss anything I believe, anything that can be done in the main game is accessible in the Epilogue

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
You can't miss anything I believe, anything that can be done in the main game is accessible in the Epilogue

I can think of something. If anyone wants to know what it is send me a PM and I’ll tell you

Not a huge deal and not really a spoiler either just a cool secret

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Apparently online has been updated to reduce prices and give more of a payout. I havent touched online yet I am waiting until I am done with the story, so.

I also hear lots of people put rubber bands on their controller and go away for hours on time to farm payouts? Sigh. Humanity.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I tried to start RDR Online again the other day and I just cant get invested. Nothing about it feels compelling.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Perfect example of the little things that bug me about this game:

I just found out there are UFOs in this game. That is a pretty cool secret! What do you get for discovering this super secret?!

NOTHING THAT AFFECTS GAMEPLAY.

:mad::mad:

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Perfect example of the little things that bug me about this game:

I just found out there are UFOs in this game. That is a pretty cool secret! What do you get for discovering this super secret?!

NOTHING THAT AFFECTS GAMEPLAY.

:mad::mad:

Lol why should you receive a reward for finding something interesting in the rdr world?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I've seen the UFO referenced in YouTube thumbnails but haven't seen them in action yet.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Ah i didnt get your sarcasm in the initial post. My bad

I wasn't being sarcastic at all: If I'm playing a game and completing challenges, I want to be rewarded with things that affect gameplay.

The most common reward you get in this game are cutscenes. It's pretty freaking lame. I'd argue it is terrible game design even.

You don't need to get something awesome every time, but when the biggest secret in the game gives you nothing, it is emblematic of the substantial issues with the game design in this game.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I wasn't being sarcastic at all: If I'm playing a game and completing challenges, I want to be rewarded with things that affect gameplay.

The most common reward you get in this game are cutscenes. It's pretty freaking lame. I'd argue it is terrible game design even.

Is it a challenge though? Im pretty sure its just something interesting you can stumble accross in the open world

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Is it a challenge though? Im pretty sure its just something interesting you can stumble accross in the open world

I'm using the UFO thing as an example here though.

I don't expect gameplay altering rewards for everything done, but this game is so in love with itself that it considers rewarding the player with a cut scene to be enough. I don't mind games emulating movies, to a degree. At some point, the game needs to make me want to keep playing rather than just go watch a let's play. The game is fun to play so it isn't a disaster whatsoever but if I'm being critical, this is a major failing and it really bugs me.

To be fair, this is typical Rockstar so it isn't like I expected anything different. It is just really annoying when it seems that people don't care about the game aspect of a game.

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
I'm using the UFO thing as an example here though.

I don't expect gameplay altering rewards for everything done, but this game is so in love with itself that it considers rewarding the player with a cut scene to be enough. I don't mind games emulating movies, to a degree. At some point, the game needs to make me want to keep playing rather than just go watch a let's play. The game is fun to play so it isn't a disaster whatsoever but if I'm being critical, this is a major failing and it really bugs me.

To be fair, this is typical Rockstar so it isn't like I expected anything different. It is just really annoying when it seems that people don't care about the game aspect of a game.
Well, I’m glad stumbling across the UFO stuff doesn’t mean I have to cycle through ‘The Noisy Cricket’ when I’m planning on changing out my revolver for the sawed off shotgun.

So, how soon until can we start speculating what RDR 3 will be about?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I wanted to get Arthur to shack up with the widow north of Annesburg who he taught to hunt and skin and animal.

Damn, I've been doing those missions lately and thought they would.

I just learned that progress made in the beta will save when the final product is released. Now I feel anxious that I'm falling behind by playing the campaign lol.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This game is bursting at the seems with **** to do, I'm sorry but that complaint feels silly.

It's an easter egg, not a boss.

And none of them give any meaningful rewards.

The satchels are useless for example, I never wished I had an upgraded one, I used the default one fore the whole game.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
And none of them give any meaningful rewards.

The satchels are useless for example, I never wished I had an upgraded one, I used the default one fore the whole game.

The trinkets and talismans are very useful.
I haven't done too many challenges yet, but the upgrades via the trapper seem to be useful as well.
The ultimate satchel is useful (I ran out of room for collecting animal parts when skinning very early in the game).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad