Red Dead Redemption 2 - Reder and Deader

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
anyone have aspirations to go for 100% completion?

I'm trying, got up to 90% yesterday, gonna be a grind but I'm enjoying the grind so far
As much as I love this game, I've never been one for 100% completions. I plan to do all the challenges, all the missions, and collect all the legendary animals/fish.

Can't imagine myself going around collecting things like cigarette cards or fossils.

Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
As much as I love this game, I've never been one for 100% completions. I plan to do all the challenges, all the missions, and collect all the legendary animals/fish.

Can't imagine myself going around collecting things like cigarette cards or fossils.

the cigarette cards are actually really easy

I thought you had to find them all in the wild which would have been a nightmare, but you can just go to the general store and buy 100 at a time (they sell in packs of 10) so you get 10 cards. then discard them, rinse and repeat. I did that the other day and actually got some unique items from sending them in

the fossils, dream catchers, and carvings will be a pain in the ass for sure but at least I'm sure you can find a map of their locations

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
the cigarette cards are actually really easy

I thought you had to find them all in the wild which would have been a nightmare, but you can just go to the general store and buy 100 at a time (they sell in packs of 10) so you get 10 cards. then discard them, rinse and repeat. I did that the other day and actually got some unique items from sending them in

the fossils, dream catchers, and carvings will be a pain in the ass for sure but at least I'm sure you can find a map of their locations
Oh wow, I had no idea you could do that with the cigarette cards. I accidentally sold one of them I found out and about and I was worried that would have screwed me out of getting all of them anyway.

Yeah, I try not to use an online map for these kinds of challenges, but it's going to be impossible to find them all of the find-ables in my lifetime without help.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not sure I will care about 100% completion, but I want to really explore the map and find the hidden stuff I passed on during the story so the dreamcatchers aren't too bad nor the fossils or anything else.

Here is an interactive map showing where all the spoilers, dreamcatchers, strangers, treasures, Easter eggs, and whatnot are

RDR2 Map | Interactive Map of Red Dead Redemption 2 Locations

I would not recommend a click for the people who do not want any spoilers.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
So was Agent Milton supposed to be a bad guy? Because I couldn't bring myself to dislike him at all.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This was the game that destroyed my new xbox one x. lol, jk. But seriously, i got the new Xbox yesterday and it just suddenly died today as i was playing Red Dead Redemption 2.

RIP Xbox One X ( 12/3/2018-12/4/2018)

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
At the pace i am going, i won't finish it until the the new year. lol
hahaha, same here. I flew through chapter 5 in a drunken rage after doing one too many chapter 4 missions last weekend. I am now going to spend a long time screwing around in chapter 6 before going back to missions. One goal is to take all the legendary animals (I only have 2 of them so far). The other is to max my satchels (I have 2 left). Then maybe think about missions again.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I have crafted a total of 1 satchel so far.

I kind of want the story spoiled for me at this point. Its dragging on way too long. I did a mission last night where you have to ride a train and so my horse was left back where the train departed from and now I guess that horse is gone because its not in the stable and I cant see it on the map.

This is a tremendous but frustrating game. It is incredibly impressive but no chance its my GOTY.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Everytime I turn on my PS4 to play this game I'm like "alright, I'm going to bang out a few story missions", then 30 minutes later I'm in north Big Valley hunting for Opossums or in the swamp helping Albert Mason take pictures of Alligators, lmao.

This sums up my experience as well. I spent almost a whole weekend hunting random animals to get that damn satchel. Also the legendary alligator had issues spawning and took like 45 minutes to find. The funny thing is, even after putting in time into all these distractions and side quests, I still enjoyed it.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan

I kind of want the story spoiled for me at this point. Its dragging on way too long. I did a mission last night where you have to ride a train and so my horse was left back where the train departed from and now I guess that horse is gone because its not in the stable and I cant see it on the map.

This is a tremendous but frustrating game. It is incredibly impressive but no chance its my GOTY.

I'm not entirely sure it'll work (especially if your horsey is dead) but try camping in the wilderness. It's possible your horse will appear at your camp. You might have to sleep at the camp.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

I would really recommend watching those videos about "what you can do in RDR2", there is also a huge list somewhere on Reddit about all the cool things you can do in this game that the game doesn't tell you. If I remember correctly, you can camp and your horse will automatically come to you or if you sleep in a hotel (I believe). If you lose your horse, you can also call-out stage coaches which will pass you and hitch a ride with them wherever they're going. However, in your case riding any sort of train really makes the horse go into super dumb mode. For example, I commandeered a train and wanted to use it to open the map. I told my horse to scram, but it ends up following me for some exact reason I don't know and accidentally getting shot by one bullet from the lawmen and dies like fifteen minutes later. So dumb and again I don't know what went into some of the development team thinking some of these ideas were good. I mean I have no problem with horse deaths, but some of these characteristics are way too sensitive in my opinion.

Even with the frustration, I still consider it one of the best games I have ever played and in my top 5. I just hope that future DLC will come with the ability to buy houses in cities and come with new animals because seeing "Eastern Turkeys" in every part of the map is strange, perhaps boats, and more human based entertainment besides hunting. FTR I understand why they have turkeys everywhere and it is due to the creation of small game arrows.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Don't tie your horse down when you take the train, that way the horse will be there when you get off the train.

The story has one twist, and it's a great one, but the rest is all very predictable stuff that is pulled off very well.

I would really recommend watching those videos about "what you can do in RDR2", there is also a huge list somewhere on Reddit about all the cool things you can do in this game that the game doesn't tell you.

Biggest problem is that almost nothing you do yields anything worthwhile outside of some cool cut scenes. Once that set in for me, the game lost all it's momentum and never recovered, at that point I just pushed onward to see the ending and haven't turned the game on since. A real shame that the people who made this game failed at the game part.

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
My suspicion is that,
similar to RDR1 with john and jack, Arthur will die, and then you play the post game as John Marston

Am I on the right track?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Yup you are on the right track there.

Good to know. Time to slow it down and hang with Arthur for as long as I can.

I just finished the mission where
you and John blow up the train bridge with dynamite and the end of it is a great example of where Rockstar's artistic vision works well. The mission ends with Arthur resting on a rock and hacking up a lung, and because I was "in the moment", and because I like Arthur and want him to feel better, I didn't even try to make him move, I just sat there letting him cough for like 20 seconds before I attempted to move and realized I still couldn't....Arthur sitting there coughing for 30 seconds was part of the story. I liked that. But by the same token, a lot of their other efforts to slow the player down don't resonate like I think theyre supposed to.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa

After getting all the satchels and everything at the camp, I found it all to be a waste of time. Unless you use a ton of tonics (more than the 3 or so at a time that you can hold in the beginning), it is pointless to get them all. The only thing to get at the camp is the fast travel. All the collecting pelts and such was a giant waste of time that kind of burnt me out of the game for about a week.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
After getting all the satchels and everything at the camp, I found it all to be a waste of time. Unless you use a ton of tonics (more than the 3 or so at a time that you can hold in the beginning), it is pointless to get them all. The only thing to get at the camp is the fast travel. All the collecting pelts and such was a giant waste of time that kind of burnt me out of the game for about a week.

Yeah I have yet to craft a satchel, the only camp upgrade Ive done is a chicken coop and fast travel, and I just hunt animals for food, and ill occasionally look for a legendary animal, although Ill probably do that more after I finish the main story. Still in chapter 4.

I have an all black outfit and a pretty good looking Indiana Jones style getup, so I dont pay attention to clothes anymore either.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I don’t craft or hunt, really. I just explore. I’m on Chapter 6 now so I’m trying to do all the side stuff before finishing up.

I did the Aberdeen Pig Farm thing the other night. That was good for a laugh.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
My suspicion is that,
similar to RDR1 with john and jack, Arthur will die, and then you play the post game as John Marston

Am I on the right track?

Yup, this is exactly what ends up happening. The way it goes down is pretty great though. Which is part of the reason why the Epilogue is such a chore, because you get this awesome climax and then "do mundane tasks for another 10 hours!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad