Proposal: Rebrand!!

wraparound

May 17, 2014
saw this on Twitter today & have to say that they aren’t wrong!

regardless of if the Ducks get Eichel or not, this team is on the precipice of a new, more exciting era of hockey with the likes of Zegras, Drysdale, Comtois, Perreault, etc., and the time is ripe for a rebrand! what say you?

Reactions: Boo Boo and lwvs84

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
i have no issues with our current colors. It's the logo that sucks.

yeah I actually like the orange alternates, has the classic logo and the gold and orange and black are pretty cool. I would just remove the duck feet on the shoulders and go with the wild wing logo on the shoulders like the classic eggplants.

I just want to see them go back and keep the Mighty Ducks logo. It’s like with the Miami Dolphins, don’t care for the new logo. If it ain’t broken why fix it?

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Orange and gold are pretty terrible together, but I actually like our primary jerseys. I think we should bring back the eggplant and teal though. Or if they really want to keep the orange go for an eggplant with orange accents rebrand. I like purple as a jersey colour and no teams in the league use it as their primary colour at the moment.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
just bring back the old logo/colors

the ducks have had the most boring logo/sweaters in the league since the 06 rebrand. the current webbed foot logo/sweaters suck but they're still 10x better than this shit

Anaheim-Ducks-Logo-2006-2013.png

78590482.jpg

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Get rid of the gold for the love of god.

I really don't get it. By most accounts it's there because of Burke and he's long gone and it very clearly doesn't work as intended with the material Adidas and Reebok before them use for jerseys(see: Vegas). Maybe it's in there for now until they switch logos and really mix things up but I kinda doubt it. Just so weird, really.

Reactions: duxfan1101
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Very doubtful we go back to eggplant and jade. We’ve all been clamoring for that since the Samueli’s bought the team.

This isn't accurate. I'm all for going back but people were very ready to change things up when they bought the team, it's amazing how public perception has shifted in the past 15 years. That's why I'm all for going in a new direction as well, in the event fashions change yet again, which they likely will.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
The logo is just fine. It’s only “bad” because it has to compete with a classic logo. Would love to go back to original logo and colors though.

Reactions: wraparound

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
This isn't accurate. I'm all for going back but people were very ready to change things up when they bought the team, it's amazing how public perception has shifted in the past 15 years. That's why I'm all for going in a new direction as well, in the event fashions change yet again, which they likely will.
this

wasn't that long ago when the mighty ducks colors/sweaters were regarded as one of the ugliest in the league. ducks fans, for the most part, were pretty happy about the rebrand in 06 from what i recall

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Eggplant and orange with Mighty Ducks logo please and thanks

usa_today_15754980.0.jpg

This is perfect if you ask me. Owners get their orange, the fan base gets a non Halloween colour combination and it would blend perfectly with the duck mask logo. Completely unique in the nhl. Spot on

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The move away from being a kids movie themed jerseys brought more seriousness and more respect around the league as they were no longer cringy silly Disney cliche and they won a cup after the change.

Reactions: DuckRogers10
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
this

wasn't that long ago when the mighty ducks colors/sweaters were regarded as one of the ugliest in the league. ducks fans, for the most part, were pretty happy about the rebrand in 06 from what i recall

The logo too! The logo that right now many consider to be the best in the sport, if not all sports, was hated back then.

Having said that, I think time away from the movies and the sport itself becoming less serious alters things and that logo is probably good to go from now on. The jerseys and colors, not as sure they'll hold up but then again teams are still switching back to old designs and people are still loving it. All and all I'd probably like a new design with the old colors or orange and one or both of them. Doubtful to happen, but who knows, maybe the Samuelis have been paying attention the past few years.

Reactions: Boo Boo

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
just bring back the old logo/colors

the ducks have had the most boring logo/sweaters in the league since the 06 rebrand. the current webbed foot logo/sweaters suck but they're still 10x better than this shit

Anaheim-Ducks-Logo-2006-2013.png

78590482.jpg

I understand that teams change jerseys for sales, but I've always felt that if you win a cup in a jersey that should just be your permanent look. Except for us. Good lord those were the ugliest jerseys to ever lift the cup.

Reactions: duxfan1101

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Maybe back then it was ridiculed but I think that has changed. Just from my personal experience the people who shame us for that logo are just people who hated how big, mean, and good we were for the 10 or so years after we rebranded away from it and the Disney connection was an easy way to claim superiority.

For the most part that kit is beloved today. Wasn’t our reverse retro disproportionately popular?

+ we have multiple players going on the record in favour of bringing the duck mask back

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad