Realistically... A coach can't last beyond 20 games if his team only wins 3 games...

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Because not everyone is emo and overreacts. The guy is making millions of dollars...might actually like the people in the dressing room .. the area.. Losing sucks..yeah... but some are grown up enough to keep **** in perspective.

Yeah... Hockey players play for the money and don't care about winning. They welcome the change to a feces factory from a young playoff contender.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Yeah... Hockey players play for the money and don't care about winning. They welcome the change to a feces factory from a young playoff contender.

So are you expecting to read about Moulson jumping off a bridge in a few days or what?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
The benching makes no sense whatsoever. MHE was on the ice for none of the 6 Anaheim goals yet they got to sit for half the game.

Maybe he thought it was a lost cause on a b2b game and said just rest this. He could have said something different to them

I was looking at the schedule....17 of the first 23 games were against the top 15 teams in the NHL.

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
If Edmonton and Florida weren't almost as horrible, there'd be some room for more wins. Granted, those teams have a few more points than the Sabres and (amazingly) 3-4 less games played, but there is really very little margin for error before Buffalo finds itself a few teams from the bottom.

The real danger this season is the chance that the Sabres somehow overtake some teams in the standings. That makes all the suffering thus far a lot less worth it. Hire a coach who actually knows what he's doing, and this motley crew may start winning some more games.

Are fans gonna really feel that much better finishing 22nd-24th in the league instead of 30th? Because in the draft, that advancement makes a world of difference in dictating how much more middling you can expect for years to come.

This tanking business is not for the faint of heart. It's ugly, and goes against the grain of anybody who roots for a team. Needed medicine though.

I accept the theory, but then you have Darcy in charge still. A man with a woeful track record or building a contender. A man who when given a big budget, managed to turn us from a team just in the playoffs to a team just out of the playoffs. A man that needs firing. A man that represents the last 20 odd years of misery. An accountant, not a GM.

Rolston I'm not too concerned about, his time here is almost over anyway. It's Regier that worries, what would be the route that gets him fired quickest.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
the hardest part about hitting rock bottom isnt landing on the pavement, its reading you people trying to explain how doing it destroys the atmosphere, culture, locker room, reputation, the value of the US dollar, the new peace bridge, the Titanic, the Roman Empire...

OMG WE ARE CREATING A LOSING CULTURE!!!!!

sorry I forgot that we didn't have one before this, lay off the caffeine folks theres still close to 30 months before anything changes, no matter how many of your agendas get fulfilled, there's a lot more L's coming our way

find the bright side or go watch the Bulls, you'll have a stroke before too long

The hardest part is reading posts like this one that lecture us and defend whats happening on the ice right now because we have a shot at the #1 pick and are rebuilding.

I can embrace the rebuild and still think Rolston is hot garbage as a coach and the wrong guy to develop our youngsters. No team can rebuild without properly developing what the already have in their system, particularly the talented and deep group we currently have.

Last edited:

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
The hardest part is reading posts like this one that lecture us and defend whats happening on the ice right now because we have a shot at the #1 pick and are rebuilding.

I can embrace the rebuild and still think Rolston is hot garbage as a coach and the wrong guy to develop our youngsters. No team can rebuild without properly developing what the already have in their system, particularly the talented and deep group we currently have.

point out where anything I said matches up with what you posted

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
point out where anything I said matches up with what you posted

theres still close to 30 months before anything changes, no matter how many of your agendas get fulfilled, there's a lot more L's coming our way

find the bright side or go watch the Bulls, you'll have a stroke before too long

Sounds an awful lot like this is the way things are going to be and need to be for the next 30 months give or take. So deal with with and find a bright.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
theres still close to 30 months before anything changes, no matter how many of your agendas get fulfilled, there's a lot more L's coming our way

Sounds an awful lot like this is the way things are going to be and need to be for the next 30 months give or take. So deal with with and find a bright.

the roster has very little in it changing the coach wont change anything changing the GM wont change anything and management isnt interested in changing anything, so whats to do except sit back and relax and hope theyre right

sit there and rage and slam your keyboard see where it gets you

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
the roster has very little in it changing the coach wont change anything changing the GM wont change anything and management isnt interested in changing anything, so whats to do except sit back and relax and hope theyre right

Thats not true at all but seems like a typical response from some lately. Its incredible how bad Rolston is in many things that would help the kids develop. Yet some of you fail to see it and think its all good because we will pick high. :shakehead

I've yet to see one intelligent argument made for why Roslton should be kept or is the right man for the job. Just a lot of Yippy! Ron's the Tank commander

sit there and rage and slam your keyboard see where it gets you
:laugh:

The only one raging is yourself.

zero39

Dec 15, 2005
The idea that a total tank will lead to a top pick and the guaranteed success is silly anyway. The Ducks took Getzlaf with the 19th overall pick and Perry with the 28th. The guy they took with the 2nd pick, Ryan, is no longer on the team.

Hilarious to have a coach criticize players for failing to compete when the entire organizational plan is based on not competing.

Matt Moulson will get used to the embarrassment. The Sabres are a complete disgrace.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Get me a coach who's not enamored with 3rd line grinders.

Get me a GM who's not enamored with 3rd line grinders.

But seriously, the Sabres team can only control who they have rights to. I don't care about what is coming up in the draft, I'm looking at who we have on the roster. I'm judging this team on what I has seen so far.

Based on that, I see a team that is lost in all zones, guys missing simple passes, constant puck battles losses, and a coach seemingly over his head. I think Darcy made an incorrect judgement call and promoted Rolston way too early.

I think Darcy has failed the players, Terry, and even Rolston in rushing his choice of coach this past offseason. I think Ron needed to be kept in Rochester until he was ready. He was in Rochester for just over a year and a half.

If we're not establishing a core identity for this team, or a winning attitude with this team, then any players that come in for years to come, join a lockerroom that is just as lost as them. These are the years you build that standards to hold future players to. Right now, I'm seeing Rookies dealt more harshly than vets. Nothing wrong with that but if vets aren't held to a standard, then the rookies will not have the confidence in the way matters are handled by the coaching staff.

Every game we are already out matched talent wise, when you add that to a team that lacks direction, or a set of standards, you set yourself up for consistent losing down the road.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
At the end of Lindy's run, it seemed that he had lost the room and was coasting and should probably be replaced, but it was based somewhat on speculation. And yes, we ribbed him over his love for Matt Ellis. But he was still a relatively competent coach. This guy is just an A**Clown of the highest order. I have absolutely nothing good to say about him. Every aspect of his coaching is just rubbish. I've been watching pro sports avidly since the mid-70's and I can't think of any other coach for any team that I've followed who is even in the same league of awfulness as Rolston. Getting a good draft pick is one thing, but mis-managing and/or damaging company assets (i.e., the players and fans) is unacceptable.

He and Sacco need to be fired immediately, and Pegula and Regier should apologize to the players and the fans.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
:laugh:

The only one raging is yourself.

Missed the entire point baby, ships sinking fast and there's not a thing we can do about it, so you pretend to know that I support Rolston and this product, I'll be here in my sexy Kimono waiting out the storm

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Right?

This is unfathomably bad.

Our loss to Los Angeles needs to be Ron Rolston's last game as the head coach.

Sorry, but it's time to end the madness. I'm not being dramatic, I'm not overreacting. I'm stating a basic fact at this point. This record is despicable. Bite the bullet Darcy, admit you ****ed this one up hardcore. I'm willing to let it go if you address it NOW.

GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE. PLEASE.

Good post... something I wanted to say a week or so ago... It's to the point where ridiculous is under rated... frankly the biggest joke season since 1970 and even that season was better..

Peter Laviolette is the obvious pick but at times I wonder if Regier fears names bigger than his??

Last edited:

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Rolston should be fired, but whoever they bring in is gonna lose

and this thread will be remade for that guy

Not by me. I expect them to lose about 3/4 of their games. I'm focuses on the coach's decisions and things like systems, effort and preparedness. I understand we lack skill and experience.

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
Rolston should be fired, but whoever they bring in is gonna lose

and this thread will be remade for that guy

That is true. Rolston isn't the right man for the job and Regier isn't the right man to pick him. What will it take for Pegula & Black to see sense and make the big front office changes necessary? That becomes the real question. Mike Milbury may be a joke but he had a point in his Scott rant, the situations terrible in Buffalo at the moment and nothing is being done about it.

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
Get me a GM who's not enamored with 3rd line grinders.

But seriously, the Sabres team can only control who they have rights to. I don't care about what is coming up in the draft, I'm looking at who we have on the roster. I'm judging this team on what I has seen so far.

Based on that, I see a team that is lost in all zones, guys missing simple passes, constant puck battles losses, and a coach seemingly over his head. I think Darcy made an incorrect judgement call and promoted Rolston way too early.

I think Darcy has failed the players, Terry, and even Rolston in rushing his choice of coach this past offseason. I think Ron needed to be kept in Rochester until he was ready. He was in Rochester for just over a year and a half.

If we're not establishing a core identity for this team, or a winning attitude with this team, then any players that come in for years to come, join a lockerroom that is just as lost as them. These are the years you build that standards to hold future players to. Right now, I'm seeing Rookies dealt more harshly than vets. Nothing wrong with that but if vets aren't held to a standard, then the rookies will not have the confidence in the way matters are handled by the coaching staff.

Every game we are already out matched talent wise, when you add that to a team that lacks direction, or a set of standards, you set yourself up for consistent losing down the road.

Great post, good point about Rolston as well. Agreed completely. I'm wondering if Reiger has been lost since having to fire Ruff, he seemed to take it personally at the time but the decision with Rolston was odd and all events since then seem just as strange. How many trades have we seen him do 15 games in to a season? I know I keep saying it but I really don't see how he can be here much longer. Front office shake up needed.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Lets say he is fired.....

Who would want to replace him? Do you think the team will all of a sudden become a playoff team?

How much has Darcy told Rolston not to win this year and to do everything possible to tank.

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
Lets say he is fired.....

Who would want to replace him? Do you think the team will all of a sudden become a playoff team?

How much has Darcy told Rolston not to win this year and to do everything possible to tank.
I'd like Dineen. He has had success at the AHL and NHL levels, had a great career as a player (which isn't everything, but doesn't hurt). I don't think any coach makes them a playoff team, but this season should be about developing a team attitude and identity, along with young players developing and being put into situations where they have success.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Dineen would do well in Buffalo... he already has a report with the Pharaoh Darcy Regier so that’s a good thing.... I happen to know Kevin Dineen as a fan... great guy who did his best in Florida...

Kevin Dineen would be great behind the bench in Buffalo... (Or any small market team for that matter)...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad