Realistically... A coach can't last beyond 20 games if his team only wins 3 games...

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
To the OP: Would you say the same laws apply to Edmonton? They're not much better, and in the same situation in terms of a rookie head coach.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
"It's the most embarrassed I've been in my career," Moulson said. (RE: Benching)

Start to worry about him destroying the culture. No one will ever want to play here.

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
I really can not fault RR for anything. For the first time in twenty years, yes, twenty years, an NHL team has four teenagers on it. I have seen improvement in those teenagers, so he deserves no blame there. To go further, most of the team is under 23, so how can we blame the coach?

As much as I hate, hate, hate, hate a professional team (and the one I love the most) delibertly tanking, they made a plan, and seeing it through. The under 25 are getting better so RR is doing what he was brought in to do: teach.

Now, the Staffords of the team....they are supposed to be seasoned professionals, they suck and they sucked before RR.....

I hate it but stay the course for two years....after 2015 ill be asking for heads on a platter....not now.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
I can blame him because he does stupid **** like benching our first scoring line, while Steve Ott is on the ice for 4 goals and playing the most minutes of any forward.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I can blame him because he does stupid **** like benching our first scoring line, while Steve Ott is on the ice for 4 goals and playing the most minutes of any forward.

I really dont understand what benching does IMO. Unless maybe Rolston is telling Hodgson to do something and he constantly is not doing it.

IMO I would let these players play through the mistakes, get with them after games and teach them what they should have done in certain situations. Benching them is embarrassing and can hurt overall confidence.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I really dont understand what benching does IMO. Unless maybe Rolston is telling Hodgson to do something and he constantly is not doing it.

IMO I would let these players play through the mistakes, get with them after games and teach them what they should have done in certain situations. Benching them is embarrassing and can hurt overall confidence.

You've never played then.

Getting benched is demoralizing to the ego and the pride. You never want to be singled out for the reason or reasons why a team is struggling. Getting benched is just tht.

Too bad Rolston has no idea how to utilize the tactic properly.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
There was a period with Colorado where Sacco won one game in I think 20 or 21. The number of wins the team had between January-April could've been counted on one hand. This was the season they got Landeskog I think...and he wasn't fired.

French Connection

Aug 16, 2007

People he is not an NHL coach and he does not develop players. Go to a game and just watch how little he interacts with his players and then concentrate on a player he usually picks on, then you will notice he ignores this said player and bingo you will see this said player will be benched. Matt probably does not know what he did wrong and now is pissed.

A GOOD coach will not bench a player just for the sake of benching like Ron Ron does. Its easy to sit someone when your pissed at that said players performance or as Ron Ron says, "compete".

Teach, mentor and explain the game RON!

leo2892

Jan 25, 2007
ITT People are upset that the Sabres aren't a middling 9-12 team right now, and are instead on track to have the 1st overall pick.

Karate Johnson*

ITT People are upset that the Sabres aren't a middling 9-12 team right now, and are instead on track to have the 1st overall pick.

I'm not upset with the record. But we were going to be awful anyway, without creating a ****** lockeroom and culture.

Moulson has been here for a few weeks and absolutely hates being a Sabre because of Rolston. The young guys who Rolston was tasked with developing have no consistency in thier play, or even a simple reward system.

They sit for no reason, guys get minutes for no reason, they change positions for no reason.... It a complete cluster duck.

I think Rolaton might just be dumb. Like he isn't very bright, beyond hockey. And he's in way over his head.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
the hardest part about hitting rock bottom isnt landing on the pavement, its reading you people trying to explain how doing it destroys the atmosphere, culture, locker room, reputation, the value of the US dollar, the new peace bridge, the Titanic, the Roman Empire...

OMG WE ARE CREATING A LOSING CULTURE!!!!!

sorry I forgot that we didn't have one before this, lay off the caffeine folks theres still close to 30 months before anything changes, no matter how many of your agendas get fulfilled, there's a lot more L's coming our way

find the bright side or go watch the Bulls, you'll have a stroke before too long

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Rolston is Regier's patsy. He'll eventually take the fall, but the "exhaustive search" by our intrepid GM involved walking down the hall.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
the hardest part about hitting rock bottom isnt landing on the pavement, its reading you people trying to explain how doing it destroys the atmosphere, culture, locker room, reputation, the value of the US dollar, the new peace bridge, the Titanic, the Roman Empire...

sorry I forgot that we didn't have one before this, lay off the caffeine folks theres still close to 30 months before anything changes, no matter how many of your agendas get fulfilled, there's a lot more L's coming our way

find the bright side or go watch the Bulls, you'll have a stroke before too long

:handclap: Patience is not a virtue around here.

French Connection

Aug 16, 2007

Its very easy for people who never purchase tickets to point out how easy it is to watch a losing team. It's mind boggling to think fans can say any of this losing is good.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Its very easy for people who never purchase tickets to point out how easy it is to watch a losing team. It's mind boggling to think fans can say any of this losing is good.

Look at it this way: We can either watch them lose a lot now and use the high draft picks to get the assets it takes to actually be competitive, or we can watch them still lose but be a little closer to playoffs but never get any better because building a winner around picks 10-15 is a lot harder. I'll take the option where we have a chance to become a team that threatens to do better than 9th place.

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
I have been trying to give Rolston a chance to grow into an NHL coach, in spite of the seemingly random choices of players finding the press box, the world's most annoying interviews, inappropriate line choices in game situations, and even the abysmal record.
Last night's game was inexcusable. If your top line isn't performing to expectations, switch lines, let them hear it on the bench, pull the one having the worst game for a couple of shifts. Benching them all for half of the game (in a game where nobody was playing well), and having them hear your reasons through the media is clueless and unprofessional. If Rolston wants to lose the team, a little public humiliation will accomplish that in a hurry. All hockey flaws aside, he doesn't seem to be able to get his players to understand what he's hoping to accomplish...I think he doesn't have the personal skills to be a good manager in any field.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

its mind boggling that people take an entertainment product so seriously

you signed up for Sabres, deal with it, this is all part of the experience

btw the bold is Pejorative Slured, its your choice if you dont like it stop, dont cry to me because youre lucky enough to have them

Last edited:

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I'm not upset with the record. But we were going to be awful anyway, without creating a ****** lockeroom and culture.

Moulson has been here for a few weeks and absolutely hates being a Sabre because of Rolston. The young guys who Rolston was tasked with developing have no consistency in thier play, or even a simple reward system.

They sit for no reason, guys get minutes for no reason, they change positions for no reason.... It a complete cluster duck.

I think Rolaton might just be dumb. Like he isn't very bright, beyond hockey. And he's in way over his head.

Okay, this post is 100% making **** up and going with it.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
What's to like about being a newcomer on this team? It's not far fetched. You come to a poor team and the coach is a joke. How is he anything but miserable ?

Because not everyone is emo and overreacts. The guy is making millions of dollars...might actually like the people in the dressing room .. the area.. Losing sucks..yeah... but some are grown up enough to keep **** in perspective.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00