Realistic Trade Proposals V aka Trade Deadline Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
We could get more than just Drouin from Tampa if one of our big D prospects is included. Mckenzie said this morning that if they were trying to get Vatanen or the other young D that Tampa would likely add to Drouin to get it done. Hexy doesn't get robbed. :yo:

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I trust Hextall, he has done nothing to make me cast doubt on him. He knows what he is doing. He won't get robbed by Yzerman

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I think I'm one of the few who would love Drouin, but I'd be terrified of the return. Stay the course, Hexy.

No thanks to Staal.

2Claude2Giroux

Oct 2, 2009
Lansdowne
I think the most important thing for the Flyers to do today would be to unload the Streit and/or Schultz contracts but if they can get Drouin for Sanheim or Morin, I would do that.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm going to be really depressed if we lose one of our top prospects... But I trust Hextall so if the deal gets done I'd give it a 99% chance of being good for us.

catbellysqueezer

Dec 26, 2015
If we lose Sanheim/Prov/Kon in a drouin deal my heart wouldn't be able to take it. Even morin would be tough to lose. I don't like this day at all. Too damn attached to these prospect/team.

Yes.

Or if we lose Schenn or Simmonds.

Either way I'll be like:

arsenio.gif

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
I trust hextall. But I can't help but be worried we'll lose Provorov, Saneheim, or Konecny to get Drouin...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Eklund sources on Flyers Twitter on the other hand, have abandoned him.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I trust Hextall. I still think it makes sense to make it a bigger deal with Tampa. More than just Drouin coming back from them. I hope at least.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Eklund saying we are interested in J. Staal. No idea what the cost would be on that but if reasonable I might be interested. He'd be tied with Schenn for 4th on the team in points, and at $6 million per year I don't think it is all that crazy. He's only 27 and has a long way to go on the contract, not sure if that is a good or bad thing. I know he dealt with injuries in Pitt but how has he been recently?

That has to be total BS.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I dont see one of the big dmen prospects leaving. Tampa wants a player who will play right now, not in a couple seasons. If we're in on Drouin, expect one of our roster players leaving. Schenn, Laughton, Cousins, or one of the dmen minus Ghost.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Yes. They are two different players that bring different things to the table.

Of course they do, but if you're looking at guys who are certainly overpaid in today's NHL, Jordan Staal is on the short list.

Spending $2.35 on a guy like Raffl is a pretty fair value, arguably overpaying by $350K.

Spending $6M on Staal is overpaying by $1-$2M, especially when the Flyers already have Couturier, who plays a very similar role.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If we lose Sanheim/Prov/Kon in a drouin deal my heart wouldn't be able to take it. Even morin would be tough to lose. I don't like this day at all. Too damn attached to these prospect/team.

That's why it's easy to say draft the BPA and then trade for needs. But reality is, you get emotionally attached to guys once you draft them.

I am going to guess our 1st + Medvedev for Drouin +3rd.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Yeah the price is probably not something I'd be agreeable to. If Schenn for Staal is the center of the deal (and I assume we'd add more), I'd probably pass. If it is a combination of picks and prospects, that's a different story. In all likelihood I would not trade one of our big prospects for him, which means it likely would not get done. I would include a first though.

well you are taking on a 6 million dollar contract. it would take more than a 1st round pick and something else to get it done.
I am not trading our first and any of the big 4 prospects.
Schenn and other things have to be going the other way. It is highly unlikely to happen anyway. Trading for Staal goes against everything Hextall is doing.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
That's why it's easy to say draft the BPA and then trade for needs. But reality is, you get emotionally attached to guys once you draft them.

I am going to guess our 1st + Medvedev for Drouin +3rd.

Firsts won't get thrown around so easily now that anyone who missed the playoffs can move into the top 3.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I dont see one of the big dmen prospects leaving. Tampa wants a player who will play right now, not in a couple seasons. If we're in on Drouin, expect one of our roster players leaving. Schenn, Laughton, Cousins, one of the dmen minus Ghost.

That's a good point. I hope. I trust Hexy. I have since his rookie season on the ice and I'm not going to stop now. But my backside is clenched. Don't want to lose any of these prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad