Realistic Trade Proposals V aka Trade Deadline Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just for fun:

In his mock, Button has Calgary taking Dubois at #5.
We get Calgary's first for Mase (possibly more).
Edmonton gets one of the lottery picks (doesn't matter which one IMO).
We package Calgary's first and ours for Edmonton's first.
We pick Matthews or one of the Finns.
Edmonton gets to pick Juolevi + possibly Sergachev.

I don't usually speculate on these kinds of deals, but this is the kind of thing I am thinking of. Edmonton's first should be in play. They need defensemen. We need one of those Finns on the wing. If we can work with draft picks, we don't have to move one of our stud D prospects. If it costs us Mase + something else palatable (Laughton, Hagg, etc. - no idea how much we would have to add, if anything), I'm sorely tempted.

Nah....I draft Dubois and Jost and walk away knowing I possibly just re-stocked our future top 6.

Oh...then I work like hell to move more picks to add another 1st to grab another forward.

DONE!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
To compare, Schneider got the 8th overall. I wouldn't think he's regarded as Schneider was, or is he?

Probably not. I guess it depends on how good they think Mason is. They are ready to compete in the very near future (I'm pretty sure they are, anyway) and their goaltending is a shambles. They might be willing.

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
C'mon NHL GM's....let get going here. Plotnikov for Plachta/7th has been at the top of the TSN Tradecentre board for too long now. Let's get trading people!:laugh:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Nah....I draft Dubois and Jost and walk away knowing I possibly just re-stocked our future top 6.

Oh...then I work like hell to move more picks to add another 1st to grab another forward.

DONE!

I like that idea as well. The problem is that I won around 15 Cups with Pulju on the Flyers in EHM, so I am very emotionally attached to him and would scream like a joyous female hyena if we drafted him :laugh:

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Probably not. I guess it depends on how good they think Mason is. They are ready to compete in the very near future (I'm pretty sure they are, anyway) and their goaltending is a shambles. They might be willing.

Certainly worth inquiring about to see if you can get it.

I guess we're not getting 20 trades today like the good ol' days. :rant:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
things usually start off slow on trade deadline today and then there will be a flurry of deals. It was like this last year.
How many of you woke up at 7 am expecting to trades happen right away? :laugh:

It's 11:25 p.m. for me, so I've been sitting around all day hitting F5 :laugh: I'm going to have to sleep probably before the deadline hits and then wake up in the morning and watch our game with Calgary first so there aren't any spoilers, and I should find out during the game most of what happened, but it is going to be hard getting to sleep tonight.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If Calgary thinks the goalie is the missing piece to being a playoff and competitive team, they might.

On paper, their D and F look good. They also are a very hard working team. But goaltending has been bad.

Plus, they might be looking at the UFA goalies...and Reimer is the top guy. So if they don't think he is the real deal, they have to be looking at trade options. Plus, even if they like Reimer, does he want them.

That's the scary thing if we DID move Mason. We take a ton of risk of being back to having average/bad goaltending again.

But reality is, one of these guys is gone in another year anyways.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
It's 11:25 p.m. for me, so I've been sitting around all day hitting F5 :laugh: I'm going to have to sleep probably before the deadline hits and then wake up in the morning and watch our game with Calgary first so there aren't any spoilers, and I should find out during the game most of what happened, but it is going to be hard getting to sleep tonight.

ahhh ok.
you in the armed forces being in Thailand

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Main boards saying that Rychel and Percy have both left their teams practices.

Could be just sent down to AHL for assignment/paper reasons.

Or could be more.

See...if we traded a 2nd for Rychel, that's an example of trading a 2nd makes sense.(not saying they would do that)

Edit: Rychel was just for assignment reasons :(

catbellysqueezer

Dec 26, 2015
Can I bet all my vcash that we aren't going to trade anyone?

The only reason I can see Hextall picking up the phone today is to prank call Eklund.

Speaking of which, someone should call Eklund's number and say they have an anonymous tip that the Flyers are trying to acquire John Scott just to see if he'll tweet it.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Charles-Barkley-Falling-Asleep-Inside-the-NBA.gif

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Eklund saying we are interested in J. Staal. No idea what the cost would be on that but if reasonable I might be interested. He'd be tied with Schenn for 4th on the team in points, and at $6 million per year I don't think it is all that crazy. He's only 27 and has a long way to go on the contract, not sure if that is a good or bad thing. I know he dealt with injuries in Pitt but how has he been recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad