Realistic Trade Proposals V aka Trade Deadline Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostIsBae

Ghost Whisperer
Jul 18, 2014
I dont see one of the big dmen prospects leaving. Tampa wants a player who will play right now, not in a couple seasons. If we're in on Drouin, expect one of our roster players leaving. Schenn, Laughton, Cousins, or one of the dmen minus Ghost.

I dont see the point in trading away schenn for drouin. We can hope drouin develops into where schenn is right now, but we already have schenn... Don't want to trade for an overrated diva. He is refusing to play in AHL. Who does that? It's hockey, if you have that kind of mentality, you don't belong in that locker room. That's why I have so much respect for a guy like MacDonald, he goes down, does well and gets called up again.

EliteProvorovSanheim

Jun 28, 2015
Eklund sources on Flyers Twitter on the other hand, have abandoned him.

Who would be his sources?? BTW.. I checked every imaginable reliable twitter feed and not one mention of Philly being a finalist in the Drouin sweepstakes. Could this be Hextall's great cloak and dagger work to date? Only problem is how the HECK does EK get the info before anyone else?!! Time to discredit and figuratively, shoot the messenger!!

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
Kris Russell could play tonight against the Flyers, be traded or just remain idle (injury):

https://twitter.com/Fan960Wills?lang=en

Yeah just heard him say that on the Sportsnet stream.

Switching subjects, if we all trust Hexy the way we say we do then would that trust be shaken if the Flyers DO give up one of the top 4 prospects for Drouin or do we still trust him to be doing what is he sees as best for the team?

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Who would be his sources?? BTW.. I checked every imaginable reliable twitter feed and not one mention of Philly being a finalist in the Drouin sweepstakes. Could this be Hextall's great cloak and dagger work to date? Only problem is how the HECK does EK get the info before anyone else?!! Time to discredit and figuratively, shoot the messenger!!

Such sources aren't necessarily internal. They could range from agents to other team personnel. One of Hextall's initiatives upon arrival was to mute any such rhetoric coming from the inside. And while that is never foolproof, any info is more likely to come from exterior sources.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I dont see the point in trading away schenn for drouin. We can hope drouin develops into where schenn is right now, but we already have schenn... Don't want to trade for an overrated diva. He is refusing to play in AHL. Who does that? It's hockey, if you have that kind of mentality, you don't belong in that locker room. That's why I have so much respect for a guy like MacDonald, he goes down, does well and gets called up again.

I see your point, and i prefer to keep Schenn as well. I'm just saying that that's the type of return you should expect, not one of our top prospects. This site always expects the best possible returns for valuable players and its usually half of what they expect

2Claude2Giroux

Oct 2, 2009
Lansdowne
Drouin is a better prospect than Morin. I would do that in a second. Would be a little hesitant on trading Sanheim but I would still probably do it as well.

EliteProvorovSanheim

Jun 28, 2015
Minus the third, that was MY original offer when we were put into the Drouin rumors. You can't have it, if it comes true! ;)

He wants a young Dmen that can step in NOW. So, I'm thinking either Ghost or Gudas. No way Ghost is going. Gudas is exactly what they need. Young, cheap , physical R handed Dman. So Gudas it is plus Laughton and a pick??

Dishy

Jul 15, 2011
Philadelphia
Would love something like...

• Streit + 2 2nds for Drouin
  • Hagg + Streit + Laughton for Drouin + Carle
  • Streit + Hagg + 2nd for Drouin

Yukon Cornelius*

A deal however involving Sanheim for Drouin while not ideal is also not that hard to swallow. It moves the timetable up one season in terms of this club legitimately competing come playoff time.

Sanheim is at least a season away if not two. Provorov can make this team next season. I also think Jonathan Drouin slotting into our top 6 spares Konecky and his development from needlessly being rushed and potentially being stunted.

We're not, regardless of Hexy's track record, going to be able to package spare parts for an elite prospect.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yeah just heard him say that on the Sportsnet stream.

Switching subjects, if we all trust Hexy the way we say we do then would that trust be shaken if the Flyers DO give up one of the top 4 prospects for Drouin or do we still trust him to be doing what is he sees as best for the team?

I'm in the latter camp, though I hope he doesn't put it to the test :laugh: A couple of weeks ago, someone mentioned that the scouts we have in the Q (Nolet?) are very good, so if we are in on Drouin, they will have seen something in him (beyond the obvious, I suppose) that they really like - because their track record is so good, we could rely on it to be a good move. Or something to that effect.

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Drouin is a better prospect than Morin. I would do that in a second. Would be a little hesitant on trading Sanheim but I would still probably do it as well.

I'd be terrified of Morin getting anywhere near his ceiling and having to look down the ice at a Hedman-Morin combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad