Realistic Trade Proposals V aka Trade Deadline Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
We have a scout at Texas Stars , Ontario Reign game tonight ? Is Reign the Kings farm team ?
Below was the tweet.

Scouts from Tampa, Florida, CBJ, EDM & Philly scouting #txstars-Ontario. First game I’ve seen a Flyers scout at CPC this season.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
We have a scout at Texas Stars , Ontario Reign game tonight ? Is Reign the Kings farm team ?
Below was the tweet.

Scouts from Tampa, Florida, CBJ, EDM & Philly scouting #txstars-Ontario. First game I’ve seen a Flyers scout at CPC this season.

was the source legitimate?

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Below was the tweet.

Yes.

hlogo.png

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
Hmm Honka or Kempe? I guess id rather have Kempe but Honka works too

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I feel the need to remind people, since I just saw it mentioned at the end of the last thread and all over this board fairly often, that the "Flyers don't shoot" narrative (and especially when it comes to the top line) is a compete myth.

I looked earlier today and I believe I remember seeing Voracek at ~29 and Giroux and ~43... And that's in the entire league.

Now whether they're great shooters or not is a different matter, but the fact is they are shooting the puck.

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013
I'd be more interested in 5v5 shots, not that it matters. I was mostly referring to a lethal shot to clarify. Who scares goalies with their shot on this team? Probably only ghost & Girouxs one timer on the power play.
I think we need a sniper much more than another player maker is all.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I'm going to start posting POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST if I feel like MSE or Beef aren't posting enough.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
There are a lot of shots on this team that aren't bad at all, but yeah it'd be nice to get a real sniper.

Giroux, Ghost, Schenn, and Simmonds have all had some very pretty goals over the past few years. Voracek can snipe it sometimes, and then miss an open net others. Read used to have a nice shot, but that disappeared. Everyone else is average to below average.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think it's more likely that the Flyers are scouting Dallas.

They need defensemen pretty bad (according to what I've read on Twitter, don't watch them often so not sure what they've looked like). It would make sense for us to send them a defensemen for a pick and AHL player.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I think it's more likely that the Flyers are scouting Dallas.

It's not like our Dmen are good, but watched the Stars a few times vs Jets, last night their D looked as bad as ours ever has. I bet they are looking to upgrade, just not sure if we have the pieces. Maybe Streit , but don't think they need PP help

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
It's not like our Dmen are good, but watched the Stars a few times vs Jets, last night their D looked as bad as ours ever has. I bet they are looking to upgrade, just not sure if we have the pieces. Maybe Streit , but don't think they need PP help

Streit for Honka and a cap dump

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Ganger is the only player I think has a >50% chance of being traded. I just have a feeling that Ron likes his veteran D, and non of them have a huge return.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Ganger is the only player I think has a >50% chance of being traded. I just have a feeling that Ron likes his veteran D, and non of them have a huge return.
Him and Medvedev are the only two I could see being traded.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
A little late thought but I would have easily taken back Coburn on the contract he signed today. I'd much rather have him over Schultz.

Gotta love the random comments on the trade board about how Coburn sucks cause he's slow.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Giving up 6 or 7 goals in the three of your last four games is concerning.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Giving up 6 or 7 goals in the three of your last four games is concerning.

With their D and goaltending, they were compared this am on NHL XM to the playoff Pens of past, probably a fair comparison too.

I wonder if they were the rumoured 2 2nd rounders for Gudas ? Meds and Streit wouldn't really fit what they appear to need and Gudas would be better suited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad