Realistic Trade Proposals V aka Trade Deadline Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Man, this trade day has been awful. I am actually glad I am not watching TSN and them all talk about the same thing over and over.

It's so bad, I actually am doing work at work because the hockey info is so bad.

:rant:

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Eklund saying we are interested in J. Staal. No idea what the cost would be on that but if reasonable I might be interested. He'd be tied with Schenn for 4th on the team in points, and at $6 million per year I don't think it is all that crazy. He's only 27 and has a long way to go on the contract, not sure if that is a good or bad thing. I know he dealt with injuries in Pitt but how has he been recently?

Schenn would have to be going the other way for Staal.

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
Take it for what it is worth but one of Sportnet's "on-site" reporters were talking about potential D-men trades and said something to the effect of there has been pretty much zero interest in Streit with some of the other names available.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
So we'd be moving Couts back to the 3rd line if we got Staal? Don't like the thought of that.

Meh, not the worst thing in the world. His best attribute is his defense. Bring in Staal and let him get more offensive minutes and use Coots purely as a shut down guy in defensive minutes. Makes the team better overall.

Schenn would have to be going the other way for Staal.

Yeah the price is probably not something I'd be agreeable to. If Schenn for Staal is the center of the deal (and I assume we'd add more), I'd probably pass. If it is a combination of picks and prospects, that's a different story. In all likelihood I would not trade one of our big prospects for him, which means it likely would not get done. I would include a first though.

Trading Mason is a horrific idea. I'm surprised people are actually discussing that

I don't think it is that bad. He's got one more year left on his deal, as does Neuvirth. Neuvirth has played well enough this year and looks like he is arguably the #1 guy we have right now. It's great to have a starter caliber goalie as your backup, but not essential. In all likelihood one of these guys is gone after next season anyway to make room for Stolie, might as well make a deal if someone is offering something of value. That being said, I'm not suggesting we shop him and trade him (or Neuvirth) for just anything, but I'm certainly open to trading either.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Eklund saying we are interested in J. Staal. No idea what the cost would be on that but if reasonable I might be interested. He'd be tied with Schenn for 4th on the team in points, and at $6 million per year I don't think it is all that crazy. He's only 27 and has a long way to go on the contract, not sure if that is a good or bad thing. I know he dealt with injuries in Pitt but how has he been recently?

You would be okay with Jordan Staal at $6M, but thought three years of Raffl at $2.35M was a year too long?

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA

Stay the mother ****ing course.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Do you discuss trading one of the goalies this summer tho?

Id discus trading #30, yes.

Mason would be off limits to me. This is arguably the best goalie we've had in decades, who's proved it since he got here (including this year).

People would sign up for any goalie Who's worst season on the team is a .917

Do people remember what the last 20 years of goaltending has been like?

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
Burke being interviewed now saying the Flames problems are underachieving and special teams, not necessarily goaltending.....

PhillyPhaithful

Feb 6, 2012
If we lose Sanheim/Prov/Kon in a drouin deal my heart wouldn't be able to take it. Even morin would be tough to lose. I don't like this day at all. Too damn attached to these prospect/team.

markzab

Sep 6, 2005
Philadelphia, PA.
Just remembered something. When we drafted Sanheim, wasn't TB like the next pick or so and wasn't Yzerman scrambling after we picked him? Like weren't they hoping they were going to get him? Could that be a possibility of who theyre coming for in regards to Drouin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad