Realistic trade options to fix our glaring weakness at the center position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Brassard is good enough to help Pittsburgh, but not the CBJ I guess.

C'mon, Yarmo! Pick us up another Jokeisonus.

Other than Chicago Blackhawks cap issue trades and the Umgarbage gift for Hartnell, Jarmo can't work a trade. They're "too hard" for him.

Fire the Bum.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Brassard is good enough to help Pittsburgh, but not the CBJ I guess.

C'mon, Yarmo! Pick us up another Jokeisonus.

Other than Chicago Blackhawks cap issue trades and the Umgarbage gift for Hartnell, Jarmo can't work a trade. They're "too hard" for him.

Fire the Bum.
Yeah CR but they paid big. 1st rounder plus former 2nd round goalie pick who is supposedly promising. They did dump Cole though.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Yeah CR but they paid big. 1st rounder plus former 2nd round goalie pick who is supposedly promising. They did dump Cole though.
And Sens are retaining 18% just to help Pens to fit him under Cap. Because why not :)

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
We won’t be playing them in the first round if we make it

It's definitely possible. What if they win the division and we are the first WC seed?

The only favorable matchup for us in the first round is if Philly wins the metro and we're in as the first WC seed ahead of NJ/NYI/FLA

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

It's not so much about the specific trade, but it's about Jarmo's inability to get anything done about center all season and off season.

I think he's, at heart, a scout who probably overvalues draft picks and his own drafting ability.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
It’s ridiculous if that is all it took to get Brassard. Jarmo wtf.

I'm confused, too. Surely a deal around either Jenner+1st or Calvert (similar expiring cap dump) +Milano looks like a better deal to be had for Ottawa...the only explanation I can think of is that Ottawa reeeeally wanted the goalie prospect from the Pens.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I'm confused, too. Surely a deal around either Jenner+1st or Calvert (similar expiring cap dump) +Milano looks like a better deal to be had for Ottawa...the only explanation I can think of is that Ottawa reeeeally wanted the goalie prospect from the Pens.
Kek said he won't give up 1st this season, because it's just too big hole, to not have it for 2 years in a row.

Last edited:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Kek said he won't give up 1st this season, because it's just too big whole, to not have it for 2 years in a row.

Not to mention an extremely deep draft.

But Jarmo has to eventually do something. He’s gotta either buy or sell. He simply cannot stay put and do nothing. If that’s the case then he should be on the way out just as fast as his head coach.

Reactions: Sore Loser

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus

But Jarmo has to eventually do something. He’s gotta either buy or sell. He simply cannot stay put and do nothing. If that’s the case then he should be on the way out just as fast as his head coach.
It feels like we are watchers.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

JK is fully capable of not doing a darn thing. He usually does something, at the deadline, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's just something minor.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The CBJ are a rudderless ship.

A coach who eshews "Xs and Os" and "doesn't teach offense" and who thinks "hitting" is the answer. A GM who's in love with a third rate roster and thinks he's going to draft his way out of the mess he created. A Team President who's an empty suit.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
The CBJ are a rudderless ship.

A coach who eshews "Xs and Os" and "doesn't teach offense" and who thinks "hitting" is the answer. A GM who's in love with a third rate roster and thinks he's going to draft his way out of the mess he created. A Team President who's an empty suit.

There are elements of truth sprinkled in among the hyperbole.

I've said, when we were winning, that the team had structural issues. We haven't addressed the issues. The roster isn't third rate, that's just pure garbage. He has created some cap issues as well as NMC issues, but he's also had some good signings and he's made some good trades. I appreciate that JD doesn't attempt to grab the attention like Dougie used it.

Is there room for improvement? Sure. Is this the best this team has ever been run? Oh by a mile. Is it one of the worst run franchises? Hell no.

Get a grip already.

Reactions: Viqsi and EDM

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
JK made it clear that he did not want to give up another first round pick and that, it seems, is what was necessary to get Brassard. Boy are the Pens going to be tough with Brass added to their fire power.

Buy what bothers me the most is that this team is not even fun to watch anymore. Forget wins and losses. Even if it is a win, it tends to be one of those ugly kinds of wins. For awhile last year this was a fun team to watch: fast, crisp passes, great plays, enthusiastic up tempo players.

And now ....... They are just friggin boring. They just kind of flounder around the ice in directionless disorder. If they actually score a goal it almost seems to be a fluke rather than a product of design. The team simply is not fun to watch anymore. And that is a real problem for season ticket renewal.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
JK made it clear that he did not want to give up another first round pick and that, it seems, is what was necessary to get Brassard. Boy are the Pens going to be tough with Brass added to their fire power.

Buy what bothers me the most is that this team is not even fun to watch anymore. Forget wins and losses. Even if it is a win, it tends to be one of those ugly kinds of wins. For awhile last year this was a fun team to watch: fast, crisp passes, great plays, enthusiastic up tempo players.

And now ....... They are just friggin boring. They just kind of flounder around the ice in directionless disorder. If they actually score a goal it almost seems to be a fluke rather than a product of design. The team simply is not fun to watch anymore. And that is a real problem for season ticket renewal.

100 percent agree. The team is not fun to watch anymore. The on ice product has become entirely stale and has been for months now. #MakeHockeyFunAgain #MHFA

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
There are elements of truth sprinkled in among the hyperbole.

I've said, when we were winning, that the team had structural issues. We haven't addressed the issues. The roster isn't third rate, that's just pure garbage. He has created some cap issues as well as NMC issues, but he's also had some good signings and he's made some good trades. I appreciate that JD doesn't attempt to grab the attention like Dougie used it.

Is there room for improvement? Sure. Is this the best this team has ever been run? Oh by a mile. Is it one of the worst run franchises? Hell no.

Get a grip already.

If it weren't for Bob-who you've wanted to get rid of forever and whose Vezinas you've denigrated repeatedly-this is a lottery team.

The only forward who is a true keeper, Panarin, you don't want to re sign.

Dubinsky, Jenner, Milano, Calvert, Dalpe, Gerbe, Sedlak, and Jokinen are all borderline NHLers going forward. Anderson and Bjorkstrand are probably serviceable. Wennberg is a huge question mark and Atkinson has a lot to prove at this point. PLD has good early returns, but playing with Panarin certainly has helped his stats a great deal. This is a lousy forward core.

Yeah. This is a poorly run team. Deal with it.

Last edited:

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Still waiting for these "realistic trade options"....post the proposals boys and girls.

Don't just say..."they've been posted"..

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Does everybody know what team hasn't had a first round pick for 3 years in a row?

The Pittsburgh Penguins. They've had 1 first round pick in the last 5 years and soon to be 6. First round picks can be overrated when you can use them to buy already developed talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad