Realistic trade options to fix our glaring weakness at the center position

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
My only problem with Nash is that I think he would be too slow for the type of game we should be playing. Heck, Nash was slow when he was 21.

Reactions: Iron Balls McGinty

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I do agree I want him back but not at the trade deadline. Better to keep your assets and maybe try in the Summer when he becomes a UFA. What's better, a short term but bigger cap hit(say something like 3 years/$16.5million ) or a long term but smaller cap hit (6 years/24million)?
His wife is from Columbus right? Does he still have a home in Columbus or at least rent a place in Columbus during the off season? If yes, I wonder if he is fine coming to Columbus rather than going to a true contender and trying to get his Cup ring.
This is fair.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Tomas Plekanec is being scratched, he's older, he plays center and he wins faceoffs and is a free agent this summer. His game seems to have dropped off in the last 2 years but I could see him being a short term fix to just try and help make the playoffs this season if the price isn't too high.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Tomas Plekanec is being scratched, he's older, he plays center and he wins faceoffs and is a free agent this summer. His game seems to have dropped off in the last 2 years but I could see him being a short term fix to just try and help make the playoffs this season if the price isn't too high.
It's probably part of 3 way deal with Ottawa trading KArlsson.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

Absolutely zero interest in Plekanec, especially considering that MTL believes they can fetch a 2nd round pick for him. No way would I give up a 2nd for Plekanec. His days of being productive are long gone. The only players that the Jackets should even remotely be considering to add From MTL is Galchenyuk and Pacioretty. Simple.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

Plekanec is finished.

His shot is crap. His shooting percentage is a joke. A lot of Montreal fans thought he would "regress to the mean" and the scoring would come back, but declining players can take lots of shots and never score much again. See Dubinsky/Boone Jenner.

He's in the last year of a 2 year/$6 million ($12m total) gift from a GM who makes Jarmo look like he's the second coming of Sam Pollock.

Last edited:
Reactions: cbjfaninmo

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I dont believe Jarmo will ever seriously consider trading Pooh because if he does, what does he have left to show from that draft where he had 3 1st round picks?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
In retrospect the best move would have packaged the top 2 in a trade with Vancouver to pick Bo Horvat. Keeping them I don't see where he screwed up too badly.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
How about Ryan Murray for RNH and Letestu?

We can not afford to lose depth at our blueline. If Murray is gone, Carlsson is our go to. Carlsson is currently hurt and has played twice this month. Plus, to be honest I’m 99 percent positive that Murray wouldn’t even fetch RNH alone... let alone adding in Letestu.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
1. We're not a serious Cup contender. Moves like this for us have to be about more than just this year. 2. We have plenty of depth on the blue line. 3. The only reason you could be confident of that is if it's because Murray is often injured - which means he's actually not depth for us at all. 4. If not Murray, pick someone else on our roster. Although I'd prefer Hoffman, the trade is there for the making.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
We're not making any moves.

I'm saying it in hope I can come back here just to eat crow any minute..

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
A40B340B-CC14-4928-995D-E9D62E73B56A.jpeg

Duchene 1C, Dubois 2C, Dubie 3C looks very decent down the middle.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Evander Kane.

Milano, Carlsson, 2nd, cond 2nd if he signs
I have a sneaky suspicion we land Kane . If so, he’s exactly what this team needs. He’s a big mean winger that can score in front of the net ,but also is pretty quick . Would hate to lose Carlsson, but Kane is a stud

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
I have a sneaky suspicion we land Kane . If so, he’s exactly what this team needs. He’s a big mean winger that can score in front of the net ,but also is pretty quick . Would hate to lose Carlsson, but Kane is a stud
Very talented player. Has had a bumpy go of it off the ice. Need to make sure he's matured since prior indiscretions.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I’m glued to my TV watching Sportsnet right now.. Elliotte Friedman just said that he believes that we have interest in Patrick Maroon and that NYR/BOS have a deal in place for Nash but Boston will more than likely need to dump salary by trading with another team before the Nash trade comes about.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
If you look at the rest of Commie's tweets lately, he's been instigating stuff that isn't actually correct with the #PackYourShit tweets. I don't think he actually knows anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad