Re-visiting Cherry's Stance On Nylander

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
You can pick apart just about any players worst two plays of the series to make them public enemy #1.

Claiming that his brain fart in game 2 was even a major reason for the series going the other way is wonky logic to say the least.

Again for clarity, I'm not saying Nylander was the sole cause of the series loss. The tweet I responded to suggested that Nyalnder was not part of the problem. With the exception of one game, he was invisible and unfortunately at times he was painfully visible. At $7 mil-ish per year you expect more from him. His no show was one of MANY reasons we did not win.

Ciccio1980

Mar 7, 2012
I think if you play the series again and Boston has like a 20% power play instead of 80% we win the series

soybean

May 29, 2009
I used to love Don as a young kid. But now I realize Cherry is a xenophobic, blow hard who is last of a dying breed. Stubborn and unwilling to catch up with the times and the new style of hockey. Does anyone else remember how livid he was when the Leafs draft Nylander over Nick Ritchie? He did have a point though, Billy vanished this season and in the playoffs which is disappointing.

Old and Tired

Mar 11, 2019
World would be a better place once Cherrys generation dies out. But Nylander is overpaid for sure, should have traded him on the first day he held out. His trade value would have been way higher back then too.
Your first comment is sorry commentary on our world. Respect is due even when you disagree with them. Wishing a generation dead is terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad