RE-DO the 1st & 2nd Rounds of 2005!!

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Not flaming, but Rask value haven't surely going down. Ie. this season he is second best goalie in stats playing behind of team which is below avarage. After WJC he have posted allmost 95% save percentage in 11 games and his whole stats are about same as Kari Lehtonen's at same age.

Surely the performance of Rask is impressive, and while I put him lower than when he has been pick, his value havn't done down. The fact his that that 2 years after he has been pick, we can look at ANYONE in the draft (about 210 players) and compared all of them to Rask. Still, he only go down a few spot, which is really impressive.

For example, if you're pick 15th overall in a draft, and that 10 years later you're a still about the 15th best player taken in the draft, absolutely no team would be disappointed with that, they would be pretty thrill.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I am surprised Cogliano has remained so low in the 1st round. Sure, he was snakebitten during the WJC, but he has been great all year in the NCAA. Also I can think of 2 instances in the WJC where assists that Cogliano got were given to Toews (Cogs was #9, Toews was #29) His point totals weren't as poor as they look and he was POG 3 times, including twice in the round robin.

He has 20g and 18a in 29 games so far this year and has forced his way up from the 3rd line to the top 6 and 1st PP. And by all accounts is playing very well.

I expect him to think long and hard about going pro next year.

Joretus

Surely the performance of Rask is impressive, and while I put him lower than when he has been pick, his value havn't done down. The fact his that that 2 years after he has been pick, we can look at ANYONE in the draft (about 210 players) and compared all of them to Rask. Still, he only go down a few spot, which is really impressive.

For example, if you're pick 15th overall in a draft, and that 10 years later you're a still about the 15th best player taken in the draft, absolutely no team would be disappointed with that, they would be pretty thrill.

Well the point was, that his performance have been equal to top-3 pick, so if he have been in 21th spot, can't see him going down anyhow. Surely if some have passed he have passed some players as well. But it's your opinion and I was just pointing out that maybe ppl aren't so in about Rask(or any other european prospects). Your list and your choises, so enough about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ferjo

Sep 28, 2004
umm.. you have 37 posts, and i'm willing to bet atleast 36 of them are just you going on about how Stralman and Kulemin are the next two great hockey gods, so I wouldn't say anything about other fans overrating their prospects, unless this is a sick joke that i'm not in on

LeafsrGods*

Just my opinion, but...I still think many GM's would take Staal before Bourdon (I could be absolutely wrong!;) 'cause Bourdon has that great shot + is physical/big/can fight). And...I may agree with you (a bit!) on Staal being a tad overrated. I expected to see a lot more from him in the WJC (expected more hits, bruising shutdown style, etc...I didn't see that). In the longrun though (in the future) Staal may be a very good top 3, top 4 D-man. Upside: top 2 D-man. Downside: good #4-5 Dman.

Just me, but I'd probably take Kopitar over JJ...also depends on teams' needs. And/but...those two can be tied at #2 spot overall...

About Lashoff...his value is going higher and higher!! (count me in as a voter for Lashoff!), but maybe it's also due to his beautiful shootout goal! (just kidding!).

Also...maybe Stuart was let go from Boston since they have a good one in Lashoff, no?
Lashoff may possibly be ready for the #6 D-position next year...

you see there? he called Staal overrated........

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
ok for the last frikkin time there are 30 first round picks. vladimir mihalik picked at #30 was tampa's 1st rounder. ok not 29. so would everyone count that as a first. :teach:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
ok for the last frikkin time there are 30 first round picks. vladimir mihalik picked at #30 was tampa's 1st rounder. ok not 29. so would everyone count that as a first. :teach:

I tried to edit it 2-3 times (page 1), but I wasn't able to? (no more edit option below the thread's options).

But, here...!! :

1st Round
30th overall Vladimir Mihalik D :) ;)

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
REDO 1st-2nd Round (May 1st, 2007) :

1 Crosby
2 J Johnson
3 Kopitar OR Stastny (take your pick!)
4 Stastny OR Kopitar (take your pick!)
5 Price
6 Rask
7 Brule
8 Skille
9 M-E Vlasic
10 M Staal
11 B Ryan
12 Bourdon
13 K Letang
14 B Pouliot
15 Latendresse

fr4ed2384

Jul 30, 2005
REDO 1st-2nd Round (May 1st, 2007) :

1 Crosby
2 J Johnson
5 Price
6 Rask
7 Brule
8 Skille
9 M-E Vlasic
10 M Staal
11 B Ryan
12 Bourdon
13 K Letang
14 B Pouliot
15 Latendresse

1 Crosby
2 J Johnson
5 M-E Vlasic
6 Price
7 Rask
8 Brule
9 Skille
10 M Staal
11 B Ryan
12 Bourdon
13 K Letang
14 B Pouliot
15 Latendresse

5. Vlasic ... any dman who, at 19 years old, can play the top pairing D for a SC contender in the 2nd round of the playoffs for 20-22Min a game and not get embarrased by Detroit ( Zetterberg, etc.. ) has got to be a top 5 pick

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Jack Johnson
3. Paul Stastny
4. ME Vlasic
5. Anze Kopitar

LeafsrGods*

16 goals in rookie season, i dont think that putting him 15 is that high... considering Letang and Pouliot should be behind him IMO

at #15?!? I know your a habs fan, but seriosuly?!?!?!?:shakehead
There are players who were drafted ahead of them who could be better then this kid, and i bet if they were your Habs picks, you would've wanted them instead of Latendresse.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Still too early to tell. Bobby Ryan quietly put up 9 points in 8 AHL games. What's his upside? Joe Thornton?

Isn't this the HF board? We're all about potential, right? Not actual results...

Using results:

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Anze Kopitar (plays for a crap team and puts up good numbers)
3. Paul Stastny
4. Marc-Edouard Vlasic
5. Jack Johnson

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
at #15?!? I know your a habs fan, but seriosuly?!?!?!?:shakehead
There are players who were drafted ahead of them who could be better then this kid, and i bet if they were your Habs picks, you would've wanted them instead of Latendresse.

Are you serious?? You've been bashing habs players in every thread!! If you can't even consider thinking about Latendresse at 15, then your just blind. Who else would be selected way ahead of him may I ask? A 19 year old potential power forward that had the highest amount of hits in the league for a rookie and still scored 16 goals....I don't know what you could want much more out of a kid that age.....

Stop bashing habs prospects and be realistic for once...your posts are getting just annoying..And I bet i'm not the only one who thinks that, i've just held back till now..

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
I actually think Dallas is very happy how the draft turned out and would be glad to take Niskanen at 28 and Neal at 33 again. They also have high hopes for Lindgren taken at 77. Thats 3 of their top 6 prospects right there.

Checker*

This thread has officially underratd TJ Oshie to a laughable degree in the first few pages.

The redrafts toward the middle of the thread at least improved

Last edited by a moderator:

Randall Graves*

Still too early to tell. Bobby Ryan quietly put up 9 points in 8 AHL games. What's his upside? Joe Thornton?

Isn't this the HF board? We're all about potential, right? Not actual results...

Using results:

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Anze Kopitar (plays for a crap team and puts up good numbers)
3. Paul Stastny
4. Marc-Edouard Vlasic
5. Jack Johnson
I don't think he did much to have his stock fall like this that's for sure, some will point to JR numbers and say those aren't spectacular but it's all about projecting NHL effectiveness and he wasn't in the best situation in jr either. I think the Ducks should experiment with moving him to center because his playmaking has high end potential and you don't have to be fast to be a great center either if you can slow the game down. Also i've heard the team scouts were very happy with his progress this year. The only sure thing about ranking this draft is Crosby will be the best player 1 year from now, 5 years from now, 100 years from now etc.

Vipers

May 17, 2002
Visit site
Okay, so I re-ranked the players completely arbitrarialy by myself by Forward, Defence, and Goalies, then plunked 'em down where they SHOULD have landed. So, even though, for instance, Minnesota at #4 could probably use a top goalie prospect in Carey Price, at the time they were looking for a forward, so that's what I've given them here.

Where players were actually picked in parentheses

1. PIT Sidney Crosby (1)
2. ANA Anze Kopitar (11)
3. CAR Jack Johnson (3) {Even with the knowledge he won't report to Carolina, they still select him to turn around and deal him (Hopefully for more this time).
4.MIN Steve Downie (39)
5.MON Carey Price (5)
6.CLB Paul Stastny (44)
7.CHI Andrew Cogliano (25)
8.SJ Guillaume Latendresse (45)
9.OTT Luc Bourdon (10)
10.VAN Marc Staal (12)
11.LA Gilbert Brule (6)
12.NYR Marc-Edouard Vlasic (35)
13.BUF Niklas Bergfors (23)
14.WAS Kristopher Letang (62)
15.NYI Bobby Ryan (2) (Biggest Drop of the First Round)
16.ATL Benoit Pouliot (4)
17.PHO Jack Skille (7)
18.NAS Kris Russell (67)
19.DET Ryan Parent (18)
20.FLO Devin Setoguchi (8)
21.TOR Tuukka Rask (21)
22.BOS Jakub Kindl (19)
23.NJ Tom Pyatt (107) (Biggest Jump of the First Round)
24.STL Ryan O'Mearra (15)
25.EDM Marek Zagrapan (13)
26.CAL Cody Franson (79)
27.WAS Taylor Chorney (36)
28.DAL Keith Yandle (105)
29.PHI T.J. Oshie (24)

30.TAM Brian Lee (9)
31.ANA Matt Lashoff (22)
32.FLO Jeff Frazzee (38)
33.DAL Martin Hanzal (17)
34.COL James Neal (33)
35.SJ Vladimir Mihalik (30)
36.EDM Brendan Mikkelson (31)
37.STL Kyle Cumiskey (222) {Biggest gain of the second round)
38.NJ Ondrej Pavelec (41)
39.BOS Petr Kalus (39)
40.NYR Danny Syvret (81)
41.ATL Tyler Plante (32)
42.DET Michael Blunden (43)
43.CHI Dan Bertram (54)
44.COL Alex Bourret (16)
45.MON Marc-Andre Cliché (56)
46.NYI Sasha Pokulok (14)
47.COL Ilja Zubov (98)
48.BUF Slava Trukhno (120)
49.ATL Dustin Kohn (46)
50.LA Masi Marjamaki (144)
51.VAN Sergei Kostitsyn (200)
52.COL Kendall McArdle (20) {Tied for biggest drop of 2nd round}
53.ATL Mason Raymond (51)
54.CHI Dan Ryder (74)
55.CLB Scott Jackson (37)
56.NYR Ryan Stoa (34)
57.MIN Tom Fritsche (47)
58.CAR Matt Pelech (26) {Tied for biggest drop of 2nd round}
59.PHO Tomas Popperle (131)
60.LA Jonathan Sigalet (100)
61.PIT Blair Jones (102)

Players Chosen in the first two rounds who didn't make the cut:
Joe Finley (27)
Matt Niskanen (28)
Michael Sauer (40)
Justin Abdelkader (42)
Phil Gogulla (48)
Chad Denny (49)
Dany Roussin (50)
Chris Durand (52)
Andrew Kozek (53)
Adam McQuaid (55)
Matt Kassian (57)
Nate Hagemo (58)
Pier-Olivier Pelletier (59)
T.J. Fast (60)
Michael Gergen (61)

Don't agree with you concerning Niskanen.
This guy is the PPQB for Dallas, in the future.
At the 28th spot, he will turn out to be a steal.
This guy concentrate on hockey as his unique sport for the first time of his life.
Before he was a multi-sport athlete in High school.
If you have followed him at Minnesota-Duluth, he has not only superb stats, for a soph. (39g. - 31 pts as a def.), but he's a gifted athlete and a powerful skater. He played a lot for MDU in all situation.
So don't agree, I keep him at the 28th. spot.

Vipers

May 17, 2002
Visit site
At the end you said: You know...there are good/bad people everywhere...

At the top: i hate you habs fans

I'M a hab fan, but i never throw my pizza, it's too expensive to the Bell center.
Maybe it's cheaper in Detroit, with the king of the pizza as owner.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
At the end you said: You know...there are good/bad people everywhere...

At the top: i hate you habs fans

I'M a hab fan, but i never throw my pizza, it's too expensive to the Bell center.
Maybe it's cheaper in Detroit, with the king of the pizza as owner.

I'm a HAB fan too!! (quite obvious with my username!).

The "I hate you hab fans" is quoted by "RedWingsFanForever07".

"You know...there are good/bad people everywhere..." : I wrote that! ("Mr. Hab").
I was just trying to tell "RedWingsFanForever07" that not every Montrealer is bad (french,english,bilingual, whatever...), and not every Montrealer is good...

Alison

Sep 7, 2005
sudbury
I'm a HAB fan too!! (quite obvious with my username!).

The "I hate you hab fans" is quoted by "RedWingsFanForever07".

"You know...there are good/bad people everywhere..." : I wrote that! ("Mr. Hab").
I was just trying to tell "RedWingsFanForever07" that not every Montrealer is bad (french,english,bilingual, whatever...), and not every Montrealer is good...

We should take this to parliment :teach:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad