RDS: RDS gets Habs' regional rights - 12 years deal

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
RDS et les Canadiens de Montréal sont heureux d’annoncer aujourd’hui qu’ils ont conclu une nouvelle entente de 12 ans sur les droits de diffusion régionale, faisant de RDS le diffuseur officiel des matchs des Canadiens de Montréal jusqu’à la saison 2025-2026. Dans le cadre de cette entente, Bell, la société mère de RDS, conserve les droits d’identité pour le Centre Bell jusqu’en 2028. Les modalités financières du contrat n’ont pas été divulguées.

La nouvelle entente inclut les droits de diffusion pour 60 matchs réguliers ainsi que des matchs préparatoires, chaque saison, dans la région de diffusion désignée de l’équipe.

http://www.rds.ca/rds-et-les-canadi...ur-les-droits-de-diffusion-régionaux-1.819875

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Now are we pretty sure if tva paid rogers millions of dollars it is for Quebec Nordiques games not habs since rds won rights

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Very bad deal then for tva. They only get 22 games for habs. Habs games are worth much much more.

A lot of ppl will avoid subscribing to tvas because they'll find other ways to watch instead of paying for an extra channel.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
For most Quebecors explain national games and regional games.Example would tva pay that amount to rogers to show a Edmonton vs Vancouver national game I think not

Habsterix*

Regional... I'm assuming it means that it will be blacked-out outside Quebec? If that's the case, I'll have to cancel that channel.

Galchenioretty

Galchenyuk 1 G in last 18 playoff Gs
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
Regional... I'm assuming it means that it will be blacked-out outside Quebec? If that's the case, I'll have to cancel that channel.

Well 60 of the games were always technically regional so it will be interesting to see if it changes.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
TVA Sports sadly has all the playoffs games.

That moron Michel Bergeron must feel like a genius right now.

Glad to see RDS will still present 60 matches for the Habs!

Unfortunately, I guess I'll be watching in English then unless TVA really wows me and hires some talent. Not listening to their current play by play duo. Nuh-uh.

Galchenioretty

Oct 18, 2009
Canada
Unfortunately, I guess I'll be watching in English then unless TVA really wows me and hires some talent. Not listening to their current play by play duo. Nuh-uh.

I don't know what's up with Pierre Houde's contract. I'd GUESS it was set to expire after this year since that's when the Habs' deal expired and he still hasn't reupped with Bell. I mean, if he is a pending UFA it would be VERY likely he does stay with RDS but who knows for certain, he may follow the national TV package since those are the glamour games.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

... On Sportsnet? That's... not much of an improvement over TVA, and has to be suscribed.

EDIT : Duh... CBC.

Galchenioretty

Oct 18, 2009
Canada
CBC signed HNIC for 4 years.

They made an agreement with Rogers but Rogers runs HNIC on CBC and basically dictates what games they get. It's very possible they put the Canadiens on Sportsnet, also possible they put them on CBC at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad