RD Zayne Parekh - Saginaw Spirit, OHL (2024 Draft)

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Would have expected shiftiness and good edge work to come out somewhere -- maybe in weave agility/with puck, transition ability/with puck, or reaction/with puck.
Stuff like that is meaningless in my opinion anyway. in game situations are massively different than skating around pylons.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Maybe ... this is probably too generous of a comparison, and Parekh doesn't dominate the way he did, but he reminds me of Housley stylistically. I know most on here don't remember seeing him play, so the comparison might not be very useful.
I would say a much slower Phil Housely. Faulk I don’t agree with as he is anti contact. Maybe a late career Paul Kariya.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Parekh and Levshunov are kind of in similar boats. Both are a bit of rovers and have great tools. Their defensive games need sharpening up

If you like one, you like the other

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Apparently he finished high school at the age of 15!! And had been taking university courses since. Extremely smart kind who seems will interview well with teams!

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Honestly thought he could’ve been available in the 11-15 draft for PHI if we dropped off but not anymore. The Offence just pops too much!

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
At least the Belarusian has really good size.
Sure bit I agree with this report on his offensive skillset

Parekh’s game is one of dynamism, creativity, and surgical precision in his activations from the point, he is among the most skilled blueliners that Canada has produced since Cale Makar.

Full read in observations.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Parekh and Levshunov are kind of in similar boats. Both are a bit of rovers and have great tools. Their defensive games need sharpening up

Ones 6'2 205 and when he competes for pucks he dominates battles. Played in Belarus 2 years ago. Very powerful skater

The other is 6'0 180 extremely skilled, not physical, great Edgework not powerful.

I don't think they are the same I love one and the other I'm so so about. I think Levshunov offers more balance and overall upside.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

But they are also very different. Levshunov is like an Ivan Drago character physically and a very good skater. His athleticism makes up for a lot of his mistakes.

Parekh has questions about his size. He’s 6’0, but doesn’t play physical and if you play down from 6’0, we are verging into territory of an undersized player. His skating is great laterally, but only average straight ahead. His pure skill will have to make up for his mistakes. His athleticism won’t.

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad