RD Timothy Liljegren - Rogle BK, SHL (2017, 17th, TOR) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The Anderson goal was a gimme point lol bran made a sick play lilj made a d to d pass lmfao. On a different note, who the hell is #3 on swedens D. He has been the worst player on the ice by far

Why on HFBoards does it need to be a case of extremes? Brannstrom and Liljegren are having good games for Sweden.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
The Anderson goal was a gimme point lol bran made a sick play lilj made a d to d pass lmfao. On a different note, who the hell is #3 on swedens D. He has been the worst player on the ice by far

Liljegren and Brannstrom have both been solid. Also thats Moverare.. He's had a really bad showing in the tournament imo.

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
Highest PPG as a 16-year-old in the SHL in the last 30 years. Not highest PPG as a D, but highest PPG, period. 67% more Pts than Dahlin despite playing in fewer games as 16-year-olds.

Second highest PPG as a 17-year-old D in the SHL in the last 30 years. That was achieved during his terrible season.

Pretty ignorant comment.

How could he has the Second highest PPG as a 17-year-old D in the last 30 years, when Adam Larsson, Gabriel Carlsson and Kylington has higher the last 10 years and the only one with 1 PPG Anton Grundel.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
This thread reminds me of the Nylander thread after he was drafted. Fans from other teams trying to tell us why the Leafs made a bad pick and how Nylander wasn't going to amount to much. Stick to your guns Leafs fans. We have a great defensive prospect on our hand and other fans are jealous.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Liljegren held the line and zipped a pass over to Branstrom under pressure. It was a good play all around. Educated hockey minds and coaches would agree that was a great play.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
How could he has the Second highest PPG as a 17-year-old D in the last 30 years, when Adam Larsson, Gabriel Carlsson and Kylington has higher the last 10 years and the only one with 1 PPG Anton Grundel.

Because there is a cut off in terms of gp. Kylington should be included, but believing that a player that has played one game should be is so stupid I can't believe I am bothering wasting my time responding to you.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
No other way to slice it, Liljegren has been very impressive in all of his showings so far since being drafted.

Great at the rookie camp and great at this summer showcase so far.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
No other way to slice it, Liljegren has been very impressive in all of his showings so far since being drafted.

Great at the rookie camp and great at this summer showcase so far.

Really? In this game he was very average. Made a few bad turnovers, lost the puck while skating a few times.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Really? In this game he was very average. Made a few bad turnovers, lost the puck while skating a few times.

Only him and Brannstrom created much at all from the back-end all game. Not something I'd call an average performance at all. What game were you watching?

He had some nice shots from the point and some great passes- short/stretch. Thought it was a good showing for him.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo

I think you are being far too kind. 1 goal, 2 assists and +1 during a 7-4 loss, is pretty terrible.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He only looked weak due to Brannström outshining him but Liljegren was easily the second-best D for Sweden. They still definitely felt the lack of Dahlin, however. Couldn't really get the puck moving the other way consistently enough. Doesn't help that Moverare is probably the worst D in this entire showcase.

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
I liked Liljegren's overall game on Wednesday against the US better despite scoring 0 points there vs 3 points today. He could have had 2-3 points on Wednesday but today the chances just went in more.

A couple of random bobbles with the puck which idk whether to chalk up to ice conditions or what considering each instance seemed to happen just as he was picking up speed to transition up ice.

I wish his teammates would defer to him a bit more and it's interesting to note that his goal and first assist came off of broken plays where the puck just ended up on Liljegren's stick rather than someone passing to him.

I thought Brannstrom was a little better defensively than Liljegren in the first two periods but then Brannstrom really crapped the bed in the third period. Too many misplays, fumbles and lost battles.

Button was once again annoying as hell and if you watched the game on mute you would probably come away thinking Sweden's #2 & #26 were the best d-men on the ice for both teams. Coin toss on who you prefer based on one game. Wasn't impressed with Makar but it's just one game and I'm not a scout.

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
Also, Liljegren's two secondary assists were nice examples of good touches/passes that lead to a goal and not just flukey deflections of his stick onto the primary passer's.

- Held the line on a clearing attempt and made a very quick d-to-d pass on the 2nd goal.
- 100 ft tape-to-tape outlet pass from his zone that which then leads to the quick strike of the 3rd goal.

Good stuff.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Loved Liljegren and Brannstrom today. Ive noticed Liljegren needs a couple steps to get going, but once he does no one can touch him. His edgework is obviously insane. Luckily as a defeceman he can generate speed from the back end so it's not a problem. Both look dynamic offensively. Liljegren's got a fantastic shot and strong passing, Brannstrom is a little bit craftier and more explosive and the puck really followed him around.

I've also noticed Timmy is more inclined to share the love on the blueline. He made plenty of passes to his defensive partners. For whatever reason he seemed to get looked off by his defensive partners (most notably on the powerplay). maybe the coaches wanted pucks primarily directed toward the net. It is the most popular strategy for NHL defenceman these days afterall.

Sweden clearly has 3 fantastic young defenceman coming along in Dahlin, Liljegren and Brannstrom.

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
Let me count the ways.

Skating .. yep
Iq. Yep
Defensive gane yep

The only thing liljgren has on brannstrom is maybe the wrist shot. Otherwise brannstrom is by far the more superior prospect not only to liljgren but also to makar.

If only there was a thread somewhere to discuss Brannstrom

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I've watched him at least 10 times. At the U18s he was mediocre and outshined by Brannstrom, this summer showcase he looks better.

I thought the opposite at the U18's. Brannstrom stuffed the stat pad more but Liljegren looked a lot better. Over the course of multiple games, I didn't like how Brannstrom wasn't as efficient at existing the zone (poor short passes to exit, mainly) even on the big ice. He wasn't as willing to engage/knock players off the puck either defensively- comparatively.

If there was a way to view post history, I have stated this same point countless times (prior to the Leafs pick) as to why I preferred Liljegren.

Will be interesting to see how the two progress moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln