RD Timothy Liljegren - Rogle BK, SHL (2017, 17th, TOR) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
Tell me about it, Button is in love with Brannstrom and not so much for Liljegren, and yes Brannstrom played well today. One of the problems today was that for some reason LIljegren didnt play as much as the other statues on defense for Sweden.Its like Lilegren knows hes the best D man on the ice and tries to make something happen directly, when he has the puck(Button doesn't like that)but that's precisely why he got 3 points in this game even making some mistakes and being pissed about playing time, in my opinion.

Yea, I just really hope that wherever he goes next year he has a coach that actually likes him and is forgiving when Liljegren makes mistakes. Would hate for him to be benched or punished every single time some little thing goes wrong. His type of talent and skill works best when playing with confidence.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
needs 1 year in the ahl with good coaches and training staff. Said it in the leafs forum, he needs to learn to think more and become a bit more stoic as a defender. He overthinks a couple things but what I actually like is that he shoots the puck towards the net a lot. AKA matthews / nylander will clean those up

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
It's rather funny that a majority of the people ripping on him are Sens, Oilers or Canucks fans.

I wouldnt sweat it tho. The fact some people are going to such lengths to bring down a prospect tells me they already hate the idea of the Leafs being this young superteam.

Vegas has the Leafs as the 9th favorite to win the cup. This place is going to get real ugly when the Leafs start contending year in year out.

It's just going to be torturous for people in here to have to deal with that.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
This guy has to be the most overrated prospect of all time. :laugh:

Why?

I love how anyone associated with the Leafs is so overrated. The guy dropped in the draft and many believe as a result he can be a steal. there's usually 1 player like that in every first round of every draft. Forsberg and Fowler had this happen as well.

He has elite skill. He certainly isn't overrated just because people get upset if a Leaf fan hypes their pick. They have terrific reason to do so. In fact 1 year ago on the Leaf board there was an infamous "Tank for Liljegren" thread. They made the playoffs and still got him.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This guy has to be the most overrated prospect of all time. :laugh:

That is great news for Leaf fans then!

Nylander was overrated and not better than Larkin, Mantha, Bennett etc just because the Leafs were patient with him and wanted him to be a star when he entered the league full time and he's so much better than those players now.

Marner was overrated because he would never amount to anything with his size and those moves he pulled off in the OHL would definitely not work in the NHL. Dvorak was apparently the driving force of the London Knights.

I hope Liljegren is as overrated as Nylander and Marner.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Every Leaf draft pick is overrated and a bust. *Yawn*.
You haters have been just BRUTAL in your Leaf predictions, so basically, please keep it up.
I'm still bumbed that all of you advised me the Leafs won't sniff the playoffs for 5+ years. It's going to be a long rebuild. And to bad Babcock went to Buffalo, who are years ahead of the Leafs...

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
That is great news for Leaf fans then!

Nylander was overrated and not better than Larkin, Mantha, Bennett etc just because the Leafs were patient with him and wanted him to be a star when he entered the league full time and he's so much better than those players now.

Marner was overrated because he would never amount to anything with his size and those moves he pulled off in the OHL would definitely not work in the NHL. Dvorak was apparently the driving force of the London Knights.

I hope Liljegren is as overrated as Nylander and Marner.

Hear Hear! :handclap:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
It was bad enough when the narrative was "Steal of the century!", now it's morphed into "He's actually the best player in the draft! Should have gone first!!". Plus, it's tinged with the most over the top layer of perceived victimhood, which makes it so much worse.

Overrated is definitely the word.

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
It was bad enough when the narrative was "Steal of the century!", now it's morphed into "He's actually the best player in the draft! Should have gone first!!". Plus, it's tinged with the most over the top layer of perceived victimhood, which makes it so much worse.

Yeah, but Marner/Nylander rabble rabble rabble.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

Green is an ugly colour on you.

Also, show me one quote where someone actually said the bolded.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016

The issue is those things were said this time last year when the Leafs had nothing to do with him. You're making it sound like this is out of the blue since the Leafs drafted him. Simply not true. He was ranked as the #1 D-Man and second overall best player on many lists a year ago.

Last edited:

firstemperor

May 25, 2011

Almost as bad as your falsely spun narratives.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
And anybody who disagrees with this undisputed fact, clearly isnt objective, just another biased leaf hater :popcorn:

feel free to disagree.

but i don't think you can.

his raw skillset had him in contention for top pick overall for a good while, and his resume compares to the elite of elite nhl dmen at the same point.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

not sure if he's the best guy in the draft. what the likes of heiskenen and brannstrom have done is also very impressive.

this was a dman draft all the way. none of those forwards have done anything as impressive as what those dmen have.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
The issue is those things were said this time last year when the Leafs had nothing to do with him. You're making it sound like this is out of the blue since the Leafs drafted him. Simply not true. He was ranked as the #1 D-Man and second overall best player on many lists a year ago.

Yeah and that was a year ago, things clearly changed. So what's your point exactly?

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Yeah and that was a year ago, things clearly changed. So what's your point exactly?

Actually that was as late as February on many lists (only 2-3 months left of hockey at that point).

On Bob's list he was #3 behind Nolan and Nico as of Jan 31st

http://www.tsn.ca/patrick-has-decided-edge-in-tsn-hockey-mid-season-draft-ranking-1.661533

On Craig Button's list as of January 9th he was also #3

http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-patrick-remains-in-the-top-spot-despite-injury-1.646868

ISS had him #2 in February

https://www.isshockey.com/iss-top-31-february-2017-01/

These are less than 6 months before the draft let alone a year.

Last edited:

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Actually that was as late as February on many lists (only 2-3 months left of hockey at that point).

On Bob's list he was #3 behind Nolan and Nico as of Jan 31st

http://www.tsn.ca/patrick-has-decided-edge-in-tsn-hockey-mid-season-draft-ranking-1.661533

On Craig Button's list as of January 9th he was also #3

http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-patrick-remains-in-the-top-spot-despite-injury-1.646868

ISS had him #2 in February

https://www.isshockey.com/iss-top-31-february-2017-01/

These are less than 6 months before the draft let alone a year.

And this matters why?

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
And this matters why?

Because saying he has the talent/potential to be the best player from this draft isn't as insane as some people make it sound considering he was ranked a top 3 pick as recently as a few months ago?

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Where is this Button hates Liljegren talk coming from? He praised him the entire Wednesday game. Calling him a future top 3 defenseman. The only thing hes been saying is bad about him is that he feels Liljegren believes his skill to be greater than it is, which causes him to force plays / do things that he simply can't do at this point in time. Has to learn what he can't do. That isn't ******** on someone. I'd gladly take a strong two-way defenseman who can move the puck up the ice at 17th overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->