RD Noah Dobson - Acadie-Bathurst Titan, QMJHL (2018, 12th, NYI)

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Don’t know how accurate it is but I’m more pleased with the weight. Kid is coming along nice. He’s so cool with the puck and watching a guy his size skate so well is like watching unicorns prancing majestically in a field full of love.
Unicorns prancing majestically in a field of love.

I like.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Ignoring Dahlin, I think at least 2 of the teams ahead of us that drafted defensemen might regret it. On a side note about the Islanders if they only had 1 pick I hope they would have picked Dobson before Wahlstrom and the only reason they picked Wahlstrom was because he was easier to push for PR purposes(ie a high scoring American)

Hard to say. Without getting in to "who is the better prospect", I think Dobson is more important but it's possible the Isles FO would have preferred Wahlstrom due to Eberle's uncertain future and the possibility that Ho-Sang doesn't work out. He has the size to suggest he could be ready quickly, which would be big if Eberle walks at the end of the year and/or if JHS struggles.

Dobson is something we haven't had in a long time, though - and that's a guy with legitimate #1D upside. Even when Big Griff was at his peak of hype I remember more "solid #2/high-end #3" predictions. I think they would have still chosen Dobson but you never really know.

I'm just happy to have both!

Peeps

May 24, 2017
Anyone knows why he doesn't play anymore in the pre? It's been 2 3 games now..

Even tho NYI cuts player, he is still in the roster but doesn't play.

TY.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Smart move. Will be ready to move into a #5 role at the start of next season and a full time top 4 guy by Christmas time.

Islanders fans should be giddy.

We are. I think the hope this year is that Pulock steps into that top pairing spot with Leddy, which will drop Boychuk down onto the 2nd pairing where he's a better fit at this point. I can see him being an ideal candidate for Toews' partner if he gets his shot.

That should allow Dobson to transition nicely onto the bottom pairing next year with Hickey, a solid vet who can hopefully be a nice compliment. If everything goes according to plan we should be in good shape. Unfortunately very little things go according to plan in Isles-land. Maybe that will change under legitimate management...

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
We are. I think the hope this year is that Pulock steps into that top pairing spot with Leddy, which will drop Boychuk down onto the 2nd pairing where he's a better fit at this point. I can see him being an ideal candidate for Toews' partner if he gets his shot.

That should allow Dobson to transition nicely onto the bottom pairing next year with Hickey, a solid vet who can hopefully be a nice compliment. If everything goes according to plan we should be in good shape. Unfortunately very little things go according to plan in Isles-land. Maybe that will change under legitimate management...

Dobson had a good camp for a kid, he showed glimpses of why so many people are so high on him. Terrific mobility and seems to make the right play quite a lot. He definitely needs to get bigger/stronger and just refine his game, but that should come with more physical maturity. He did show some nerves in his preseason games, but he generally played his game which was surprisingly aggressive offensively. When he picks his spots, he is not afraid to really get involved offensively and push the play. The decision making and instincts were definitely on display, the most positive sign as an Isles fan.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He's probably making the Isles next season. Needs to fill out a little more. Should have a big year. Probably will be one of Canada's Core D men on their national team.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I think he ends up in Drummondville. Beaudin-Dobson would control the ice against other team's top lines. Good luck getting a lot of offensive possession time against that duo.

Reactions: 99664987

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Not true, I know how junior hockey works. I believe they still have an okay team.
they lost a ton of key parts of their team like Antoine Morand and Jordan Maher to Halifax...they lost Vile is gone, Holwell is gone, Balmas is gone to Cape Breton...Galipeau is gone...Rubstov and Fitzpatrick are gone...the team is totally different and they have to rebuild now which they are in the process of doing....I personally think they will look at trading Dobson to a contender...not sure if Halifax would go for him or not with Barron, McIsaac, Kyte, Flower, Chainey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad