RD Moritz Seider (2019, 6th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Will be drafted between 8th and 13th. If you are a fan of team drafting after 15th and you are dreaming of Seider, don't. He will be long gone.

Reactions: Slim

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
It's a bummer he got hurt. I wanted to catch him vs Canada and USA's NHL caliber squads this weekend.

As a Habs fan, I hope you guys projecting he goes top 14 end up being right. And not because I think he's bad. It's just we just have so many RD already.

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
It's a bummer he got hurt. I wanted to catch him vs Canada and USA's NHL caliber squads this weekend.

As a Habs fan, I hope you guys projecting he goes top 14 end up being right. And not because I think he's bad. It's just we just have so many RD already.

It would help the Habs big time as he would push a top talent LHD further down. (Broberg, Heinola, or Harvey).

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA

If you think the Habs are set on the right side in the future with Juulsen, Brook and Fleury, you are badly mistaken IMO. Seider would be a no-brainer for the Habs at 15.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
Not worth risking anything with Seider at the moment. The kid has his whole career ahead of him.
Söderhölm said to the press that Seider and Grubauer may be available for the Quarterfinals.

In my eyes he will be gone by pick 12 in the draft. The DEL is getting scouted much more haevily by a lot of NHL teams in the last couple of years, so most team will have detailed information about Seider.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Does he or Soderstrom go 1st. He certainly seems on the rise.

The crop of those 2 along with guys like Broberg, York and Harley will certainly make it an interesting mid round to see who ends up going where.

Kind of funny to see a defensive battle following the forward battle that will happen in the top end.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Will be drafted between 8th and 13th. If you are a fan of team drafting after 15th and you are dreaming of Seider, don't. He will be long gone.

I think this is massively exaggerated. No chance he touches top 10 or even top 11.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
It would make more sense to take Seider over Soderstrom. 6'4, skates well, good hockey sense and looks to be able to become a complete defenceman. You can find guys like Soderstrom later in the draft, mobile, 5'11~ defencemen, are dime-a-dozen. Nothing really separates Soderstrom compared to Seider with a couple of rare attributes.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Seider did play in todays quarterfinal game. I think he had a really good game once again, solid defensively while also being visible on the offensive side of things joining the rush. Especially impressive considering he missed the previous 2 games due to injury. I really think the tournament will help him for the draft

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It would help the Habs big time as he would push a top talent LHD further down. (Broberg, Heinola, or Harvey).
Broberg will likely be gone. Really like Harley, though. He might take a while to grow into that frame, but he has a chance to be something special.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Seider? It's the opposite, he's very polished from what I've seen.

For his age he is pretty polished. Yet, there is still a lot of untapped potential.

I have seen several people say that he is a "safe" pick but has a lower ceiling than some others. I think his ceiling is actually pretty high.
My biggest concern with him have been his injuries this seasons. 2 shoulder injuries and then the concussion at the World Championship, but on the other hand none of it seem to have him slow down, he just appears to shrug them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad