RD Moritz Seider (2019, 6th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I think his size (and toughness over Borberg) gives him the edge over the other dmen after Byram. Would be surprised if he wasnt the second dman picked. As much as I expect the Ducks to be in on him at 9 I also could see the Oilers (with maybe a nudge by Drai) taking him at 8.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I think his size (and toughness over Borberg) gives him the edge over the other dmen after Byram. Would be surprised if he wasnt the second dman picked. As much as I expect the Ducks to be in on him at 9 I also could see the Oilers (with maybe a nudge by Drai) taking him at 8.
You hit the Oilers on the head, that's without taking Drai into account.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
So is he the 1st D off the board after Byram? Ahead of Broberg, York, Soderstrom ..

I would take him ahead of that group. His puck separation technique is aggressive & solid. If he plays his D and chips in as support for a puck mover he’ll be in great shape. The Swedes are both saggers at the blue line for the most part.

Him & Byram are the closest things to 1st pair D. Broberg will need time to make it happen if ever, don’t think Söderström has the ceiling to be top 4.

Reactions: alexislafreniere

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I would take him ahead of that group. His puck separation technique is aggressive & solid. If he plays his D and chips in as support for a puck mover he’ll be in great shape. The Swedes are both saggers at the blue line for the most part.

Him & Byram are the closest things to 1st pair D. Broberg will need time to make it happen if ever, don’t think Söderström has the ceiling to be top 4.

Im going to be so pissed if the Avs get both Byram and Seider.. FML

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Right shot sure does at to the intrigue.
Who has really terrible right shot depth?

I know teams say best player available, but even bob McKenzie said weaknesses is a specific area of the team always creep into prospect rankings.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It takes a lot for a player to be able to play at this level so young. Let's recall when Phil Housley played at WC during his draft year, he only scored 1 goal in 7 games. Him and Seider are two of the only three u18 defensemen to ever score a point at such an age.

To me, he's looked good. It's tough to see McKenzie's ranking of #21 holding.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
He looks clearly better than Heinola or Kokkonen based on the games i’ve seen. Not suprised if he end up top 10.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

Broberg is better than Seider I think, even though Seider is brilliant. Broberg has all the tools to be a number one defenceman, skating, passing, transition game, defensive skills, size, physicality and shot. He is being questioned for a lack of productionplaying with men this season, but that is mostly due to limiters ice time. Both Broberg and Seider have been more dominant than Byram at junior level, and could be better than him. Söderström is great too, his huge offensive upside is not talked about enough, but York is a bit overrated I think.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Broberg I've found underwhelming whenever I've watched. Seider I've not watched so much, but he's impressed more. Just being able to play at this level competently is extremely impressive already. He seems to know what he's doing and this goal today was as a result of some good awareness. Did not seem lost defensively. Better than any Finnish D easily, those are the ones I've seen the most.

Reactions: Acadien86

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Broberg has all the tools with no toolbox, very Sbisa/Nurse like IQ wise imo.
Did you read this on a hockey card? Kid is 17, doesn't turn 18 until after the draft, is a late bloomer and has been a standout vs his peers in a big way in Both U18 world tournaments he played in in the past 8-9 months, plays in a men's league. He is raw , he tries to do too much at times.. His tools are superior. He is an elite skater with and without the puck in all 3 zones. He belongs in the top 15 easy.

Last edited:

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008

I know teams say best player available, but even bob McKenzie said weaknesses is a specific area of the team always creep into prospect rankings.

Canucks

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

The sens RD depth is the worst in the NHL by far.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Speaking of the Oilers, I think he's got some Darnell Nurse to him.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Broberg is better than Seider I think, even though Seider is brilliant. Broberg has all the tools to be a number one defenceman, skating, passing, transition game, defensive skills, size, physicality and shot. He is being questioned for a lack of productionplaying with men this season, but that is mostly due to limiters ice time. Both Broberg and Seider have been more dominant than Byram at junior level, and could be better than him. Söderström is great too, his huge offensive upside is not talked about enough, but York is a bit overrated I think.

THe point production at the men’s level is irrelevant, for me it was the willingness to give up the blue line, then getting beat inside when he should be angling wide.

You can work on that, but 1st pair D don’t really need to spend extended periods in junior or the minors and I think Broberg will.

Söderström can defend at a NHL level, but the only O upside was in J18, when anybody with any skill level should have. The only way he’ll pop for points/goals is if the put him on his off hand so he can crank quick one timers from the point.

Players like these, I’d be hard pressed to grab them before 20, depending on how deep the tier above is.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
THe point production at the men’s level is irrelevant, for me it was the willingness to give up the blue line, then getting beat inside when he should be angling wide.

You can work on that, but 1st pair D don’t really need to spend extended periods in junior or the minors and I think Broberg will.

Söderström can defend at a NHL level, but the only O upside was in J18, when anybody with any skill level should have. The only way he’ll pop for points/goals is if the put him on his off hand so he can crank quick one timers from the point.

Players like these, I’d be hard pressed to grab them before 20, depending on how deep the tier above is.

Broberg is almost NHL ready already, dont know what you are talking about there. He had a strong season in the Allsvenskan. Söderström has shown more offensive upside than Seider in a tougher mens league, but not put up that many points due to limited minutes. Neither has Seider really. Söderströms all round game is absolutely amazing, better than Byrams probably.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well, that's gonna hurt. It sure looked like a concussion, but whatever it is it probably isn't good. I guess that'll hurt his draft chances. Shame, because he was looking like a riser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->