RD Moritz Seider (2019, 6th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Just got back from tonight's Jungadler Mannheim @ Düsseldorfer EG game and once again came away impressed with D Moritz Seider.

Birthday 2001-04-06
Height 182 cm / 6'0"
Weight 73 kg / 161 lbs
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=258987

As a 15-year-old, Seider started the 2016-17 season playing with Mannheim's U16. There, he played in 11 games and recorded six goals and 13 points before getting called up to the U19 team.

For those who don't know, Mannheim has traditionally been Germany's junior power house. They are currently only second in the league, but certainly have championship aspirations. On that team, Seider has become the No. 1 defenceman who (without knowing exact numbers) regularly leads the team in ice time on even strength and both special teams.

Seider needs to get stronger, but he is already being a physical presence and likes to hit. He plays a solid defensive game but what really makes him interesting is his play with the puck.
He's a great breakout player who can skate the puck up ice with solid top speed and also has good vision and the ability to play strong outlet passes. In the offensive zone, he distributes the puck well and displays strong puck protection skill. Plus, Seider walks the line better than anyone I've seen in this league.

There are things Seider has to work on, but what he is doing at the age of 15 in this league is remarkable. Wouldn't be surprised to see him selected in the 2018 CHL Import Draft.

Reactions: BSHH and hn777

Munchkin10

Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,Il
He has surprised me, out of defensemen on the ice he has always looks the strongest. Love his work when he get's in on the rush, smooth passes, great speed. He looks very promising.

Pasanen-Seider sounds pretty good.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Giving this kid a little bump – has been having an outstanding season so far. Has 5 goals and 18 points in 17 games in the U19 DNL. Also played his first five pro games with Mannheim as a 16-year-old and made Germany's U20 roster for the Div I World Juniors.

Seider is now listed at 6'3'' and 183 pounds, yet he's a really strong skater. Easily the smartest defender in the league; the poise and vision he displays in the offensive zone are incredible. I'm curious to see where he plays next season, but if he makes the right choice, he should have a shot at the first round of the draft.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I've said it before, I'll say it again, I haven't been this excited about a prospect out of Germany since Draisaitl.
I may even be more hyped for Seider, because he is a defenseman and we could really use an outstanding defender in German hockey.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
May advise different if he was a forward but I think CHL would be his best option or the USHL ---> NCAA path.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
^ Germany's prospects that are coming up in the next few years has me drooling.
2019 is looking like a really strong year for Germany. Not that many of them will become amazing top of the league players, but definitely should help the national team take that next step.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
On Sunday Seider scored his first goal in the DEL.
He one-timed a pass from Garret Festerling on a 2-on-1.

The sequence of the goal start at 4:00
I don't know if the video will work outside of Germany or if it is geo-blocked.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
How’s this kid doing? Stats don’t look very impressive. Where does he project to go within the 1st round?
I wouldn’t look at stats to evaluate him
He’s projected to go late 1st right now but I have him at 14 now, he’s not an offensive defenseman but a TWD playing against men and doing pretty good. His defense is very good (especially his stick work) and he’s a smooth skater for his size. Always makes the right plays. I’ve seen like 4 games of his and I don’t think I’ve seen a bad mistake from him yet

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
How’s this kid doing? Stats don’t look very impressive. Where does he project to go within the 1st round?
Him being on a DEL club when majority of them never have draft eligible skaters is pretty outstanding by itself. It is a reason why Hockeyprospects and other sites have him as a 1st rounder. If he was playing for Red Bulls Academy club, he would probably be a PPG player and probably more hype since people can stats watch him. He isn't without his issues, but he is a legitimately good prospect.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
What do u think he's draft range would be. is he a mid first to late first, or late first to early second pick?

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Him being on a DEL club when majority of them never have draft eligible skaters is pretty outstanding by itself. It is a reason why Hockeyprospects and other sites have him as a 1st rounder. If he was playing for Red Bulls Academy club, he would probably be a PPG player and probably more hype since people can stats watch him. He isn't without his issues, but he is a legitimately good prospect.
He’s in my mid first round because of this. The fact that he’s playing in the german men’s league is nearly unprecedented for defensemen his age. ‘The German Destroyer’ also has offensive potential and a booming shot which could develop really nicely.

Reactions: S E P H

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
What do u think he's draft range would be. is he a mid first to late first, or late first to early second pick?
It’s hard to say where teams value him based on the DEL compared to CHL and European junior leagues. I have him around 15-20, but unless he really puts up some eye catching numbers, I suspect he will be drafted from 20-35.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
It’s hard to say where teams value him based on the DEL compared to CHL and European junior leagues. I have him around 15-20, but unless he really puts up some eye catching numbers, I suspect he will be drafted from 20-35.
Thanks Im a big fan of him also, It'll be interesting to see where he goes bc he's such a unique prosepect imo. I'd be shocked if he makes it past Toronto in the 1st rnd.

Reactions: Tryamkin

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Lol no....

People on these boards might be higher on him but people in the field are still pretty snobby when it comes to the Red Bull Academy. Not saying he's not a talented kid, but this just isn't true except for maybe here on HFBoards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->