RD Moritz Seider (2019, 6th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Did you read this on a hockey card? Kid is 17, doesn't turn 18 until after the draft, is a late bloomer and has been a standout vs his peers in a big way in Both U18 world tournaments he played in in the past 8-9 months, plays in a men's league. He is raw , he tries to do too much at times.. His toolbox is superior. He is an elite skater with and without the puck in all 3 zones. He belongs in the top 15 easy.

You act like it's the first time you've seen the Broberg (all tools, no toolbox) take ;)

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Broberg is almost NHL ready already, dont know what you are talking about there. He had a strong season in the Allsvenskan. Söderström has shown more offensive upside than Seider in a tougher mens league, but not put up that many points due to limited minutes. Neither has Seider really. Söderströms all round game is absolutely amazing, better than Byrams probably.

Opinions are like bungholes, everybody has one. Broberg is NHL ready as a 7th D on Ottawa who has to learn on the job.

Söderström was playing 2nd pair most nights(at least the games I was at against Malmö & Djurgarden mid season on either side of tracking via CMore) which is a testament to his D skills. Even at WM18 he was great in his own end but had minimal O. Stop trying to pump his tires.

Allsvenskan is not better than the DEL. Broberg went from 2nd pair to 3rd to 7th D to J20 by the end of the season.

To be honest, last I saw Byram was last season as I couldn’t hit the Dub this year and I won’t subscribe to NeuLion anymore.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
He's looked really good so far in the world champs. That was a scary injury he just had. What a dirty play. Hope he's ok.

Reactions: LemmyUlanov55

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Opinions are like bungholes, everybody has one. Broberg is NHL ready as a 7th D on Ottawa who has to learn on the job.

Söderström was playing 2nd pair most nights(at least the games I was at against Malmö & Djurgarden mid season on either side of tracking via CMore) which is a testament to his D skills. Even at WM18 he was great in his own end but had minimal O. Stop trying to pump his tires.

Allsvenskan is not better than the DEL. Broberg went from 2nd pair to 3rd to 7th D to J20 by the end of the season.

To be honest, last I saw Byram was last season as I couldn’t hit the Dub this year and I won’t subscribe to NeuLion anymore.

Explain to me why Broberg can’t be an NHL star? I hate AIK but I have to admit he is a monster of a player in almost every aspect

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
You act like it's the first time you've seen the Broberg (all tools, no toolbox) take ;)
Lazy statement that's easy to say , and imo is wrong. His IQ is fine , he has such great physical tools that he relies on them and over powers vs out thinks . Some players if they can are forced to have to out think , because they don't have the physical tools. Writing a player off with the little nursery rhyme about tools and toolboxes is just lazy shallow analysis, and it makes it difficult to refute because its so shallow. Like I said he is young in this class, he's a late bloomer, and he is still raw... I love his physical tools and his upside. Very high ceiling prospect.

Really digging what I've seen from Seider. Chances are neither player will be there at 19.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Lazy statement that's easy to say , and imo is wrong. His IQ is fine , he has such great physical tools that he relies on them and over powers vs out thinks . Some players if they can are forced to have to out think , because they don't have the physical tools. Writing a player off with the little nursery rhyme about tools and toolboxes is just lazy shallow analysis, and it makes it difficult to refute because its so shallow. Like I said he is young in this class, he's a late bloomer, and he is still raw... I love his physical tools and his upside. Very high ceiling prospect.

Really digging what I've seen from Seider. Chances are neither player will be there at 19.
Somehow what you're saying constantly makes me think you have toolbox and tools swapped around. indeed, he has very good tools, but he's not shown a good toolbox. Seems like you're making up circumstantial stuff that's somehow plausable even though the player's honestly supposed to have shown that he has the toolbox before you assume he does. Outmuscling guys will not work in NHL, and what then?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Somehow what you're saying constantly makes me think you have toolbox and tools swapped around. indeed, he has very good tools, but he's not shown a good toolbox. Seems like you're making up circumstantial stuff that's somehow plausable even though the player's honestly supposed to have shown that he has the toolbox before you assume he does. Outmuscling guys will not work in NHL, and what then?
Look I am not going to be Brobergs fn advocate here.,.. I just think its lazy analysis. I did make the mistake in my earlier post saying he has a superior toolbox that I did not correct.. good on you for catching it. I don't think Broberg is NHL ready he is still a work in progress but he has a high upside because he has the great tools. Whether it works or not remains to be seen. I do know , especially on D, it really helps if you can skate. In truth to be a 1st pair D you really need both. I am just not writing him off because he has great physical tools and needs development elsewhere, and I am not dismissing him because of his IQ. What circumstantial stuff am I making up?

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
So Seider said "he feels okay", but obviously he will have to be examined more closely.
Their next game is on Saturday. Maybe that's long enough for him to recover. It would be a shame if he missed out on playing against Canada, Finland and the US.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So Seider said "he feels okay", but obviously he will have to be examined more closely.
Their next game is on Saturday. Maybe that's long enough for him to recover. It would be a shame if he missed out on playing against Canada, Finland and the US.

Moritz Seider is injured in the victory of the DEB against Slovakia

Hope he's ok. I also hope they test him for a concussion

Last edited:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

Moritz Seider is injured in the victory of the DEB against Slovakia

Hope he's ok. I also hope they test him for a concussion

He was definitely concussed, he couldn't even keep his feet on the ice when he was skating off. He was also hunched over the entire time, clearly woozy. He was basically hanging on 2 ppl while they carried him off the ice, wasn't a pretty sight. Looked REALLY bad.

Just got injured from a dirty hit from behind. That no name player that hit him is a piece of ****

Nagy no name player :laugh:, you 15?

Reactions: Love and Habs76

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Watch this replay and make an opinion -

They are saying that he was crearly diving and it's not gonna make him rise in the draft.
To me, it looks like a normal hit but Seider's reaction was really weird so i don't know

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Two things about the hit by Nagy were very bad.
1) It was very late and therefore totally unnecessary.
2) The outcome.

It was not too forceful or anything. But probably because it was so late, Seider did not expect it and had basically no body tension which probably contributed to the bad outcome. There was no diving.

Can somebody explainto me why the glass is so "wobbly"? It seems like it moves a lot more than in other arenas.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I thought Nagy retired from professional hockey after his season was over. Should have stayed home really.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Best move for Seider next season is what, stay in DEL, move to Finland perhaps?

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
Best move for Seider next season is what, stay in DEL, move to Finland perhaps?

In my eyes one more year in Mannheim and than to NA makes the most sense, he has a very good setup an gets the needed icetime. A move within Europe or CHL does not make sense, AHL maybe a bit to early.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Can somebody explainto me why the glass is so "wobbly"? It seems like it moves a lot more than in other arenas.
Flexible glass (it's acrylic glass) is supposed to prevent injuries. Obviously not when someone's hit face-first into the boards like Seider, but if the boards give in a bit, there will (hopefully) be fewer broken bones etc. The DEL is making this mandatory for next season as well.

Mehr Action, weniger Verletzungen - Banden - Bandensysteme

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It looked like he sold the call and then sold the injury by dragging one foot behind him on the way off. What a dork.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
It looked like he sold the call and then sold the injury by dragging one foot behind him on the way off. What a dork.

Sure.
Dude will probably miss the next two games (the one against Canada for sure) atleast due to what is probably a concussion but yeah. What a dork. Should have just told his brain to shut up and return a few shifts later like Timmins did last year in the playoffs thanks to his great coach...

I mean who cares about missing a full year of development or concussions in general, right?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Sure.
Dude will probably miss the next two games (the one against Canada for sure) atleast due to what is probably a concussion but yeah. What a dork. Should have just told his brain to shut up and return a few shifts later like Timmins did last year in the playoffs thanks to his great coach...

I mean who cares about missing a full year of development or concussions in general, right?
He either sprained his wrist from throwing it against the glass or got frostbite from staying down on the ice so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln