RD Moritz Seider (2019, 6th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
What do you guys think about the decision to send him to the AHL over going back to the DEL/Europe?

Reactions: EXTRAS

Ratatoskr

May 27, 2004
Germany
What do you guys think about the decision to send him to the AHL over going back to the DEL/Europe?
I'm all for it. He can familiarize himself with NA size ice, the Red Wings organization can keep a closer eye on his development, and he'll be available for short stint callups.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019

The AHL is a very frenetic league, not a lot of time and space (like the NHL) but also hard to play in because of the lack of structure and the turnover year to year. I personally think it's a great development choice if the player is only a year or less away from the NHL, which it sounds like Seider is. I wouldn't want a player to spend a bunch of years down there, though. A couple at most for higher end players.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
The AHL is a very frenetic league, not a lot of time and space (like the NHL) but also hard to play in because of the lack of structure and the turnover year to year. I personally think it's a great development choice if the player is only a year or less away from the NHL, which it sounds like Seider is. I wouldn't want a player to spend a bunch of years down there, though. A couple at most for higher end players.
He’ll be in Detroit next season for good

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
This kid has something special. I don't expect him to put up huge offensive numbers, but he's going to be a monster PMD that eats minutes. Or maybe his offense does explode. He's young, smart and mature. The sky is the limit for him.

Could Hampus Lindholm be a good comparable?

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Honestly I don't think it will take Seider long to adjust to the different style and different surface and he could probably figure that out even by playing limited minutes in the NHL right away, but starting in the AHL still is the right choice in my opinion.
One thing he might need to get used to is playing so many games, and if he wants to be ready to play big minutes in the NHL next season, it should help him to get a lot of ice time in the AHL and I think is will earn that ice time even as a rookie.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Could Hampus Lindholm be a good comparable?

I have only seen him a couple times but I got a Brent Seabrook feel. Tall, strong, imposing. Should dominate the boards, and his backward skating looks pretty impressive. Doesn't make a ton of errors, more of a safe player unlike some of his high flying peers (Chabot, Heiskanen, etc). I could see him playing at 215-220lbs in his prime.

Right now though, I like the Lindholm comparison. I just think he can be more.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
I have only seen him a couple times but I got a Brent Seabrook feel. Tall, strong, imposing. Should dominate the boards, and his backward skating looks pretty impressive. Doesn't make a ton of errors, more of a safe player unlike some of his high flying peers (Chabot, Heiskanen, etc). I could see him playing at 215-220lbs in his prime.

You are just underrating Lindholm. I would have him as a top 5 dman in the league. If Seider can become even half as good as Lindholm it would be a success.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

Err... He already weighs 207.

Good chance he pushes 230 - 240 in his prime.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
He'll end up closer to Pietrangelo than he will Lindholm, book it. This kid is going to be a stud.

Hampus Lindholm is one of the best defensive defensemen in the league. Pump the brakes a little don't you think? Odds are he's closer to a Tyler Myers than a Hampus Lindholm, let alone a Pietrangelo. (p.s Lindholm is better than Pietrangelo). Hardly any dmen in the league are better defensively than Lindholm.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Lolz, I certainly hope for his sake that's not the case.

Why? He's 207 as a rail-thin tall player. 230-240 at 6'4" isn't crazy. If he were Torey Krug height? Yeah, 230 would be a bit much. But Seider at 230... that's a terrifying ****ing thought.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Lolz, I certainly hope for his sake that's not the case.

Yeah. 6' 3" - 6' 6" 230+ defenders really suck.

cut.jpg

Lolz.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Hampus Lindholm is one of the best defensive defensemen in the league. Pump the brakes a little don't you think? Odds are he's closer to a Tyler Myers than a Hampus Lindholm, let alone a Pietrangelo. (p.s Lindholm is better than Pietrangelo). Hardly any dmen in the league are better defensively than Lindholm.
:biglaugh:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Nurse is 6’4 and 230ish.

He’s also one of the best skaters in the NHL.

And looking at Nurse, he actually looks pretty skinny. 230 isnt that much for a guy that size. Mantha is the same way in Detroit. More of a tall and lanky build, definitely doesnt look really thick but a great skater at that size

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
And looking at Nurse, he actually looks pretty skinny. 230 isnt that much for a guy that size. Mantha is the same way in Detroit. More of a tall and lanky build, definitely doesnt look really thick but a great skater at that size

Agreed. I am 6'4 and I would love to get down to 230, but that is still a long way to go for me.

I would expect Seider to stay around 225-235 for the most part of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad