RD Moritz Seider (2019, 6th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Burns uses the one timer as well. On the PP he scored a lot of goals like this.
Yeah, wow. He scored tons of goals this past season with the one-timer. Didn't even realize. In 16-17 for example just a few were with one timers and most wristers. Looks like the wrister hasn't really been working lately, and I guess that's why he scored so few goals in comparison to 16-17. So yeah, outdated info by me.

Still, even on shots he's not scoring on, just getting the wrister through and causing a net-front situation is important.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I would like to see how many dman goals are on slapshots and the shooting percentage of them vs wristers. Just because theyre in decline doesnt mean they should be

Part of that data for the guys with the most slappers is in the article. For the Top 10 for number of slappers taken is 9 defensemen. They scored on 4.7% of their slapshots. They also hand picked some players (3 D (Weber, Gustafsson, Dumba) that had high percentages and they scored on 14% of their slappers. Then for the lol's they had Seabrook and Leddy who scored on 1.4% of their slappers. You would have to figure the rest out.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
It’s not the style of shot, it’s how quick you get it off while the goalie is moving.

Rangers stuck any number of D on their off hand under AV andvsaw their goal totals climb.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He was pretty bad tonight...not sure what the praise is for. 39% xGF, 37% CF.

I mean the way people were talking about him in this thread made it seem like he dominated.

There was a post or two tonight not necessarily even talkig about his play tonight. This was his worse game of the preseason but no one on Detroit looked good either. Hes been a stud the rest of the preseason. Hopefully he gets in the lineup again tomorrow night against some actual NHL players

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Thought his skating and stick handling looked overall pretty clunky. But I guess it's understandable given that he apparently had pretty big a growth spurt recently.

But despite that overall clunkyness and rawness it's very obvious that he has a lot of talent. Going to be a good player I think. Not sure if it's this season though.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Agreed. Sub 40% advanced stats in a preseason game? Bust.

But whats his Corsi on Sunday games with early start times, after a full moon on the second game of a back to back when he didn't get at least 7 hours of sleep?

I watch a ton of hockey, and am all for using whatever tools you want to find value in players if thats what your into. But when I watch the game I don't use a spreadsheet to decide if he looked good or not, I use my eyes.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
But whats his Corsi on Sunday games with early start times, after a full moon on the second game of a back to back when he didn't get at least 7 hours of sleep?

I watch a ton of hockey, and am all for using whatever tools you want to find value in players if thats what your into. But when I watch the game I don't use a spreadsheet to decide if he looked good or not, I use my eyes.

couldn’t have said it any better myself.

Mo Seider has been a stud thus far. He arguably had his worst game last night and still managed to impress at times. In 2-3 years he’s going to be the #1D on this red wings team

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm amused by the fact how upset the german commentators for the the Hawks-Eisbären game reacted when they got the news Seider got send to the AHL and started making up wierd excuses. :laugh:

In general not really a surprise the Wings didn't keep Seider . He'll be very good but he's not ready for the NHL yet.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
This kid has something special. I don't expect him to put up huge offensive numbers, but he's going to be a monster PMD that eats minutes. Or maybe his offense does explode. He's young, smart and mature. The sky is the limit for him.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

You know you can actually see the shots being taken against his team when he's on the ice right? Those numbers aren't just invented out of thin air.

"I watch a ton of races. I don't need any of that "MPH" nonsense, I use my eyes to tell me how fast a car is going."

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
You know you can actually see the shots being taken against his team when he's on the ice right? Those numbers aren't just invented out of thin air.

"I watch a ton of races. I don't need any of that "MPH" nonsense, I use my eyes to tell me how fast a car is going."

It was stupid ass comment to begin with. Shot share metrics over a few game very limited minute sample for a rookie doesn't mean much. Also the Leafs had 61% of the total shot attempts that night so they basically performed the same when he was out there vs not....

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I'm amused by the fact how upset the german commentators for the the Hawks-Eisbären game reacted when they got the news Seider got send to the AHL and started making up wierd excuses. :laugh:

In general not really a surprise the Wings didn't keep Seider . He'll be very good but he's not ready for the NHL yet.

It's a great decision, that can only help his long-term game. I think he's going to be a very good player, but no need to rush him at all.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie

He's probably not a good race car driver, I'll agree with those numbers.

Before Corsi and all these advanced stats / analytics scouts watched the game and based their assessments in other ways. My point wasn't to say these stats and numbers don't work, I'm just saying judging an 18 year old defenseman by using them in a preseason game, in one of his first games in North America isn't going to really change the mind of any one important in the game of hockey and especially the Red Wings organization.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Thought his skating and stick handling looked overall pretty clunky. But I guess it's understandable given that he apparently had pretty big a growth spurt recently.

But despite that overall clunkyness and rawness it's very obvious that he has a lot of talent. Going to be a good player I think. Not sure if it's this season though.
How tall was he before the growth spurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad