RD Jamie Drysdale (2020, 6th, ANA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This makes me with players could go straight to the AHL. He is probably getting so much more out of this year then he would have in the CHL.
Agreed... i wish they would make some sort of exceptional status for younger players that dont need to be in juniors anymore. Instead of playing top line mins against a bunch of teens, hes playing top mins against men. Def going to be more ready for NHL next year playing at a more NHL pace/size.

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
It's unfair to compare Drysdale to Nieds, Scotty is a hall of famer and expecting that of Drysdale is asking to be disappointed.

Great point. Couldn't agree more and no disrespect to Scott - one of my all time favs. The reason I draw the similarity is he reminds me of him not just on the ice but the whole make-up. When Drysdale stepped into that intense '20 WJC for Byram and displayed little or no nerves and kind of just shrugged I said, "wow". Everything since just reconfirms what I thought at that moment.

Will he play for 18 years? Will he reel in multiple cups for different teams, a Norris and a Conn Smyth and get in the hall? I'd take "Not likely for $1,000, Alex." - as you say - its just not fair. But I believe the better probability is there. Intangibles too. There's smoke here!

Is Scotty still the only guy to win a Memorial Cup, Stanley Cup, WJC, World Cup and Olympic Gold? - Crosby has no Mem Cup.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Great point. Couldn't agree more and no disrespect to Scott - one of my all time favs. The reason I draw the similarity is he reminds me of him not just on the ice but the whole make-up. When Drysdale stepped into that intense '20 WJC for Byram and displayed little or no nerves and kind of just shrugged I said, "wow". Everything since just reconfirms what I thought at that moment.

Will he play for 18 years? Will he reel in multiple cups for different teams, a Norris and a Conn Smyth and get in the hall? I'd take "Not likely for $1,000, Alex." - as you say - its just not fair. But I believe the better probability is there. Intangibles too. There's smoke here!

Is Scotty still the only guy to win a Memorial Cup, Stanley Cup, WJC, World Cup and Olympic Gold? - Crosby has no Mem Cup.

Perry?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
His skating is freaking all world it's so fun watching.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Looking for him to be in the conversation for next year's Team Canada roster. That's the Olympic Team Canada roster. I doubt he'll be available for our WJHC team.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Really impressed with him. He does make some mistakes but with his unreal skating he is able to get back to position easily. Much more offense than I was expecting.

Oct 18, 2011
At the WJC's it was clear he was taking a backseat to Byram on his pair, now he has the green light, with how well he moves he can be aggressive and the Anaheim organization should be imploring him to play this way, not try to dumb him down like they did with Fowler

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Agreed... i wish they would make some sort of exceptional status for younger players that dont need to be in juniors anymore. Instead of playing top line mins against a bunch of teens, hes playing top mins against men. Def going to be more ready for NHL next year playing at a more NHL pace/size.

I think all first round picks should be allowed to play in the AHL as soon as they're drafted, I think it would do wonders for player development.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
It’s gonna be sad when he has to go from playing top pairing minutes in the AHL back to the CHL.

He has really looked great so far. Making an argument that he is in the conversation for best defensive prospect.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Scored the OT winner for the gulls tonight on an absolute snipe. Looking real good at the AHL level already.

Yeah, he looked good tonight. He is one of those “undersized” (being 18) players who can skate away from trouble and probably could handle the NHL right now on the bottom pair.

I do think if you are a top 10 pick then the AHL should be an option instead of CHL but I also think the NHL should pay the CHL team a fee as the intent of the CHL/NHL agreement was to prevent early loss of high-end talent and thus loss of revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad