RD Hunter Brzustewicz - Kitchener Rangers, WHL (2023, 75th, VAN; traded to CAL)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
At the very least he can be used as an awesome trade chip in the future. Keep the stats coming

Would be funny if Team USA invites Hunter now and he makes the team and dominates. Minnetian is one of the Right Handed Dman chosen over Hunter for Team USA

Minnetian didn't have a spot. He's the most likely defensemen to be cut. I don't see why a college hockey suspension would have any difference towards that either, if he does make it.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I’d hang onto him personally. It really makes no sense to trade a prospect who has exceeded expectations unless the value is really high. The Canucks got burnt on trading Forsling for basically nothing and I’d rather not repeat that mistake.

Sure but we wouldn't be trading him for an Adam Clendening type, the idea is we'd trade him in part of a package for a legitimately good NHL player.

Reactions: Szechwan

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
94-95 in the OHL : 102 assists (Bill Bowler)
- all together 8 times ever in the OHL
once by a d-man; Bryan Fogarty (108 assists), 88-89 season
he scored 47 goals to boot

90-91 x2 in the WHL : Brian Sakic 122, Ray Whitney 118
- all together 16 times in the WHL, twice by a d-man

00-01 in the QMJHL : Simon Gamache 110 assists
- all together 45 times in the QMJHL, once by a d-man

Reactions: Killer Orcas

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Pacing for 110 points since OHL only plays 68 games regular season.

Vision and skill are on full display every night. His defence and skating continues to improve as well which has him trending as a top pairing or top 4 Dman.

He might very well be an excellent and cheap Hronek replacement for Vancouver in a few years.

Canucks might be going all in his trade deadline, and any trading partner should 100% be asking for Hunter.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
What's the deal here.

Is he worth their team holding, or is he trade bait as a potential point producing semi responsible RHD?

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Many have already said they doubt he translates....but many still found it hard to swallow.

I just wish it was a bit more quality over quantity. They should've just gave Willander and we could've added Tanev.

Oh well, welcome to Calgary Hunter! Hope you & Poirier kick ass on the PP for years to come!

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
can’t wait for Vancouver fans to about face and say what a horrible prospect he is.
where are those fans?

Many have already said they doubt he translates....but many still found it hard to swallow.

I just wish it was a bit more quality over quantity. They should've just gave Willander and we could've added Tanev.

Oh well, welcome to Calgary Hunter! Hope you & Poirier kick ass on the PP for years to come!
we can get him for free in the summer, Dhaliwal said the Canucks are #1 in his destination anyway.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
How does that help your goals this Spring? You have a legit shot now, can't cheap out and say we'll wait till next year.

We could use him but we don't need him. Our defence is good enough and our firepower + Demko is enough to score ourselves out of troubles.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
can’t wait for Vancouver fans to about face and say what a horrible prospect he is.
Classic strawman. Read through this thread, the dominant thought is he's doing great for a 3rd rounder, and this is probably a good opportunity to sell high.

What is inconsistent about that?

Anyways, good luck to Brz. If the Flames are patient with him I think he'll play.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad