RD Filip Johansson - Leksand, SWE JRs (2018, 24th, MIN, signed by VAN)

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i agree its not FJ1's fault he was picked in the 1st by wild mgmt. i feel whoever was on the scout team that advised to pick him in the 1st should be fired. he was most likely a 3rd.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
TBH, I don't care where he was picked at this point - sunk cost. I am just curious if play has improved at all recently due to grabbing a few points.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Bold of you to assume he would even get more on his second contract than the ELC cap hit.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
MN RHD prospects;
Addison
Menell
Belpedio
FJo
Hunt
SJo

Not bad. At least one will get a shot at the NHL due to Pateryn leaving next year. Two, if Dumba is moved.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I had taken a bit of an NHL break when he was drafted. Whats the story on this kid? Was he considered a bit of a reach where he was taken? Thanks in advance!

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
I had taken a bit of an NHL break when he was drafted. Whats the story on this kid? Was he considered a bit of a reach where he was taken? Thanks in advance!
Not a bit...a 2nd round pick would have been a bit of a reach.

Reactions: cudi

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Expectations are extremely low for this kid (through no fault of his own, btw), so any glimmer of hope that he could one day turn into a NHL-callibre player, even a 5-6 defenseman would be welcome news to Wild fans.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Expectations are extremely low for this kid (through no fault of his own, btw), so any glimmer of hope that he could one day turn into a NHL-callibre player, even a 5-6 defenseman would be welcome news to Wild fans.

Even if he was taken in the third round like he should have been, he hasn't done anything post-draft to be excited about. Bottom pairing in the Allsvenskan, putting up very few points internationally. That's on him. I don't think he'd be more highly thought of if he had been taken later in the draft. I don't think he'd be thought of at all had he been taken later. The primary reason Wild fans still think about him is because it's a meme at this point. Is it fair to him? Probably not. But he hasn't done anything to change the narrative.

Reactions: Killerjas

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Even if he was taken in the third round like he should have been, he hasn't done anything post-draft to be excited about. Bottom pairing in the Allsvenskan, putting up very few points internationally. That's on him. I don't think he'd be more highly thought of if he had been taken later in the draft. I don't think he'd be thought of at all had he been taken later. The primary reason Wild fans still think about him is because it's a meme at this point. Is it fair to him? Probably not. But he hasn't done anything to change the narrative.
The NHL draft is gambling on 18 year olds. Some bust, some surprise.

I think he has at least entered the prospect discussion again, as a graying 20 year old.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Finished the season with a -6 and 11 points in 46 games for Frolunda in the Swedish SHL. Improvement! I think he will stay in Sweden for another year, then maybe the AHL.

Competitive guy, defensive player with decent skating. Jack of all trades player that has no real elite skills. Could be a bottom line defender all set and done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad