RD Filip Johansson - Leksand, SWE JRs (2018, 24th, MIN, signed by VAN)

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Is there anyone watching FJ play this season that can comment on his game or if he's showing any glimpses of hope for us Wild fans? Please and advanced thank you!

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Is there anyone watching FJ play this season that can comment on his game or if he's showing any glimpses of hope for us Wild fans? Please and advanced thank you!
I’ve watched two of his games, not in person albiet, but he looks to me like a lock for a 5/6 defensmen.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
*Be me
*Minnesota fan since forever
*Get 24th overall pick, meh, could be higher.jpg
*Bokk, Sandin, Veleno & Alexeyev available
*oh darn, this could be good.png
*"From the Allsvenskan with 1 point, Sota select Filip Johansson!!!"
*Perplexed.doc
*3rd rounder picked too soon
*cry in a corner thinking about what could've been

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
You guys, he's now improved his +/- to -14 through 38 games.

BeneficialBrownBichonfrise-size_restricted.gif

I mean, not that I'd even entertain offers for such a clear NHL caliber stud, but the line to make offers starts at the trade board.

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
*Be me
*Perplexed.doc
You’re just missing the green text

Reactions: Sam Steel

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
*Be me
*Perplexed.doc
Let’s make HF green text a thing

Reactions: McNurse

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Think that’s being a little dramatic

eh idk this is a horrific season for his d+1

funny that his teammate, whos also a dman and is actually a few months younger, went undrafted last year and is having a 100X better year lmao. maybe minnesota corrects it and drafts him this year

hopefully he turns it around but that is not a promising statline to look at for a guy drafted in the first 3 rounds let alone first round

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
i feel if he only becomes a 5/6/7 D man we wasted a 1st pick.
About 60% of players drafted between 20-30 don't really become better than something you can easily pick up on waivers. This is a bad pick, and looks to be an obvious miss, but it happens a lot in the late 1st. This one is just really noticeable because it looks to be happening quickly and he was such an outlier of a pick against consensus. A 5th D-man in the late first is pretty much a single. Now, you'd really like to get a peripheral core guy who can be a top 9 forward, a top 4 D or a starting goalie, but you get those about 40% of the time. People dramatically over-estimate what you are likely to get with a late first.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
About 60% of players drafted between 20-30 don't really become better than something you can easily pick up on waivers. This is a bad pick, and looks to be an obvious miss, but it happens a lot in the late 1st. This one is just really noticeable because it looks to be happening quickly and he was such an outlier of a pick against consensus. A 5th D-man in the late first is pretty much a single. Now, you'd really like to get a peripheral core guy who can be a top 9 forward, a top 4 D or a starting goalie, but you get those about 40% of the time. People dramatically over-estimate what you are likely to get with a late first.
It's just that, as a team, MN is desperate for top 6 C's and forward skill, with Koivu and Staal getting well on in years...and Veleno was just sitting there. I know it's easy to be a Monday morning QB, but I wanted Veleno when it came clear he was available. Would've understood taking Noel, or Bokk, Thomas...didn't even know who FJo was.

While Veleno is no sure thing, would anyone be surprised if he ends up having a NHL career as a middle six C, or a top 6 forward?

FJo meanwhile...the odds aren't looking good for him. When will he even play in the SEL? I mean, I don't want to get too hysterical, because he is playing in a men's league(poor man's ECHL), and not HS, but it sounds like the Wild scouting staff fell in love with the idea of a RH Brodin, and based their pick off of a very small sample size, last year's playoffs, where FJo looked good.

Hope I am wrong and we are all laughing at me in 3-4 years time, with Veleno having a mediocre career in the AHL and Johansson playing in our top 4...:rolleyes:

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
...Hope I am wrong and we are all laughing at me in 3-4 years time, with Veleno having a mediocre career in the AHL and Johansson playing in our top 4...:rolleyes:

Great insight but you lost all credibility with that stab at Veleno. I get that you wanted him over Johansson, but come on bro...

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Filip scored his first goal of the season yesterday; Leksand won 2-1 against Oskarshamn.

While Filip is having a bad season, I hope Minnesota fans can find some comfort in Simon Johansson (5th round pick) scoring more points - 3 goals and 7 assists in 32 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad